To ps3 or not to ps3?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn
Re: To ps3 or not to ps3?

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:14 pm

grossaffe wrote:
Black Six wrote:You really don't like any of those games? There's some really good ones on there that I've gotten hundreds of hours of playing time out of, and I just feel like there's no way you could have beaten all of those. If you want some more games I'd suggest Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Oblivion. Yes, you can get them on the PS3 too, but you already have a 360, so why waste your time selling your old system. Unless there are some games on the PS3 that you really really really really want to play, I think it would be silly to switch at this point.
not to mention the lack of Left 4 Dead on that list which is a 360 exclusive.
Trust me, that and the lack of updates for "The Orange Box" are the only parts I don't like about owning a PS3. The only parts. I still play "Team Fortress 2" religiously.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Aguiluz wrote:Basic Statistics of maximum players in a multiplayer game:

XB360:
Halo 3: Max 16 Players
Gears of War: Max 8 Players
Gears of War 2: Max 10 Players

PS3:
Warhawk: Max 32 Players
Resistance: Max 40 Players
Resistance 2: Max 60 Players (!)
PC

Counter Strike: Source: Max 32 Players
Team Fortress 2: Max 32 Players
Battlefield 2: Max 64 Players

OWNED.

Also, you have one system, stick with it. Don't just go out and get another because you feel like it.

jackfb13

Post by jackfb13 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:00 pm

Twilight Wolf wrote:
grossaffe wrote:
Black Six wrote:You really don't like any of those games? There's some really good ones on there that I've gotten hundreds of hours of playing time out of, and I just feel like there's no way you could have beaten all of those. If you want some more games I'd suggest Bioshock, Fallout 3, and Oblivion. Yes, you can get them on the PS3 too, but you already have a 360, so why waste your time selling your old system. Unless there are some games on the PS3 that you really really really really want to play, I think it would be silly to switch at this point.
not to mention the lack of Left 4 Dead on that list which is a 360 exclusive.
Trust me, that and the lack of updates for "The Orange Box" are the only parts I don't like about owning a PS3. The only parts. I still play "Team Fortress 2" religiously.
Funny thing there since the only version of TF2 that has gotten updates is the pc edition. I've seen you complain about this before, and sorry to tell you but Valve has no plans on relesing an update for the PS3 because it was not ported by them. The xbox on the other hand is expecting it's first TF2 update sometime soon.

My thoughts on buying the PS3...

don't.

Nuff Said

-jack

Shoot me an invite!

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:37 pm

Oh, I know I'm not gonna get anything, and yeah, I'm bitter about it. However, Valve has been saying the Xbox 360 version will be updated "soon" since 2007... I'll believe it when I see it. However, it's occured to me that at least the PS3 version hasn't had the in-game console broken into, so we don't get crazy things like low gravity, flying surfboards of death, a group of G-Man blocking the resupply, Striders dancing in the middle of 2Fort, etc. I don't feel as bad about the PS3 version being neglected now!
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:23 am

XCVG wrote: Also, you have one system, stick with it. Don't just go out and get another because you feel like it.
I've played my xbox 360 around once in the past month. I stopped buying live because I signed in maybe a few times a month. I don't really play my 360 anymore.

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:43 am

Well, if you're really getting no enjoyment out of your 360 any more, even with all the games you've got, then there's not much of a point in keeping it. Like I said, however, be sure to do your reasearch on the PS3 thoroughly to make sure that selling your entire 360 collection would be worth it. Do what I did when I was considering buying a PS3 and read lots of reviews. You'll get a good idea of how well-suited the PS3's features and game library are to your tastes. You can proceed from there, I guess. I mean, you wouldn't want to sell your entire 360 collection only to be dissapointed again by the PS3, would you?

If you decide to do this, do you think you'll be buying your PS3 new or used?
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:46 am

Oniak wrote:
XCVG wrote: Also, you have one system, stick with it. Don't just go out and get another because you feel like it.
I've played my xbox 360 around once in the past month. I stopped buying live because I signed in maybe a few times a month. I don't really play my 360 anymore.
So what makes you think you'll play your PS3 any more than you do your 360?
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

XCVG

Post by XCVG » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:53 am

Black Six wrote:
Oniak wrote:
He has a very good point there. Maybe you should actually play the 360.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:05 am

Black Six wrote:
Oniak wrote:
I've played most of the exclusives for 360 and Im tired of them. Infact I play my ps2 most of the time now\

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:03 pm

Kurt_ wrote:3) Get a concept of money.
:roll:
Kurt_ wrote:4) Stop doing what society tells you to do. The 360 isn't old.
:roll:

PS3 has quite a few great titles... Metal Gear 4, Killzone 2, Uncharted, Resistance, Lair, Everybodys Golf, GT5 Prologue, Little Big Planet.. if you want one buy one why not? The hardware doesn't exactly kill the 360 though.

BTW All the people posting on this thread going "OH GAWD the PEES TRIPUL SUX" need to go turn burn their typing fingers off with a soldering iron. Later, one more point why should someone be limited to one gaming platform, if you can afford it why not own all three?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:04 pm

I never said ANYTHING about the PS3 in those comments.
Hey, sup?

megabite

Post by megabite » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:" need to go turn burn their typing fingers off with a soldering iron. if you can afford it why not own all three?
1. Already happened to me, couldn't type with my left hand pinky for a good~2-3 weeks :(
2. If you could afford it why not have 17 houses all next to each other?
I bring justice to its avoiders, and pain to its resistors.

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Kurt_ wrote:2) The PS3 can play blue ray discs, dvds, and cds. However, gamewise, it doesn't any games you're missing out on.
I think this is a better illustration.

Anyone who says the PS3 doesn't have any good games has obviously never played one and thus aren't in a position to say so.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:37 pm

Once again, you're misreading.

Basically, there's only five types of games or so. Shoot stuff, explore stuff, be bored to death pretty much doing nothing, be bored to death pretty much watching in-game cinematics, and strategy.

I'm not saying the PS3 doesn't have good games, you're just not getting any crazy new stuff justifying dropping $500.
Hey, sup?

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:38 pm

I'd say it's about the same way on the 360, then. Seriously, how many 360 games aren't shooters?

And it's $400, by the way, unless you're buying the 160GB bundle.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.