A lot of hate coming my way...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp
A lot of hate coming my way...

Post by bicostp » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:19 pm

It seems that there is a lot of hate coming my way due to:
-My post count
-My questionable post relevancy
-My poor sense of humor

I just want to get this out in the open: I am NOT trying to spam the boards, I am NOT trying to be hurtful/mean to anyone, and I'm NOT TRYING TO BE A PAIN JUST TO INCREASE MY POST COUNT. Also, I would like to say that I'm helping as best I can without taking apart a million and one things (can't afford to ruin hundreds of dollars worth of stuff).

I just have one thing to ask everyone: Could we please put an end to the "benheck.com vs. bicostp" flamewar? That's not what this site is about (nor is it a place to put crappy jokes like mine).

Could we possibly put all this behind us? I feel like I'm the victim here (and I probably am, lol). Yes, I know I have made irrelevant posts in the past, but everyone has to learn.

I guarentee this is going to sound like a public service announcement. :lol: Amazing- It's a relevant topic I started! :o How'd THAT happen?
Last edited by bicostp on Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lucretius

Re: A lot of hate coming my way...

Post by Lucretius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:45 pm

bicostp wrote:I just want to get this out in the open: I am NOT trying to spam the boards, I am NOT trying to be hurtful/mean to anyone, and I'm NOT TRYING TO BE A PAIN JUST TO INCREASE MY POST COUNT...

...Yes, I know I have made irrelevant posts in the past, but everyone has to learn.
You've got guts. 8)

I think we all could be a tiny bit more accepting. I know we all hate answering the same dumb question that new members post (the fav is "Can I use a Hip Screen on a portable?", right?), I know we're short with them, and others too.

But it's not right.

They're as much a part of this community as you are. We are all here because we share a common interest and passion for old (and new) video games and consoles (so passionate, that we have to figure out a way to lug them with us whereever we go), but we need to have a level of respect and care for all members of the forum. This is not a tight cirle of friends, or a clik (or whatever you kids call it). It's a public forum, which in olden times, simply met a place where anyone could go to discuss a topic with others. We are all here for the good of each other and anyone who comes. No one is bellow or above anyone else.

Peace and Portables
Last edited by Lucretius on Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Luke

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:01 pm

Most boards on the net are kinda... rough.

It's just a growing pain that this forum is having. Put a whole bunch of people in a room and there's bound to be conflict. I guess it's just something to be dealt with...

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:32 pm

its just thaat you post way too much for someone that has never made a portalbe.

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:35 pm

making a portable doesn't have any bearing on how many posts you can, er, post, though .........
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:40 pm

You don't have to ruin hundreds of dollars of stuff, you just don't break it. :D

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:45 pm

if it's any consolation bicostp, I really don't find you much of a problem at all :)......perhaps it's just 'cause I haven't had much time to visit the forums lately, though, and I've missed the posts you made that have annoyed other people :P....
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

sam

Post by sam » Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:14 pm

You know what i would say?, this will sound a little rough, but. Suck it up. So what not everyone in the entire world likes you. There is noone in the world that everyone likes, noone. I dont really care that you post, aslong as it doesnt waste bandwidth, etc. I have no problem with your posts, except this one.
I'm the man, if you don't think so, you're wrong.
sniper_spike wrote:That sucks, bro's before ho's anyway man.

MM007

Post by MM007 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:39 pm

I would have a problem if this was just a "Stop being mean to the newbie!" post, but he takes responsibility for his mistakes in this post, and those forumers who have flamed him should probably try to start over and be forgiving.

I say forgive the poster and move on to more important things...
JackFrost22 wrote:its just thaat you post way too much for someone that has never made a portalbe.
like Jack's hipocracy. ^^*

Jack has posted too much even for someone who HAS made a portable, and I have seen him criticize this poster for posting too much on several occasions if memory serves. ^^*
Warranty-Voiding fun!

JackFrost22
Sir Posts-alot

Post by JackFrost22 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:49 pm

MM007 wrote:I would have a problem if this was just a "Stop being mean to the newbie!" post, but he takes responsibility for his mistakes in this post, and those forumers who have flamed him should probably try to start over and be forgiving.

I say forgive the poster and move on to more important things...
JackFrost22 wrote:its just thaat you post way too much for someone that has never made a portalbe.
like Jack's hipocracy. ^^*

Jack has posted too much even for someone who HAS made a portable, and I have seen him criticize this poster for posting too much on several occasions if memory serves. ^^*
Hello I spammed for awile and got out of it. And I have made 3 portables 2 still working to this day

gannon

Post by gannon » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:54 pm

MM007 wrote:like Jack's hipocracy. ^^*
I like hipos :)

:lol:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:55 pm

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it. :)

I'm planning a Radica Genesis portable, probably built out of a hip gear screen. I'm thinking I could cram it all into the Hip Gear controller, but I haven't gotten one yet. I've got a Radica Genesis running on batteries currently.

This is probably my most relevant post to date! :lol:
Last edited by bicostp on Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucretius

Post by Lucretius » Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:55 pm

Nice tension reliever!
-Luke

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:25 pm

i knew it would happen, you got fed up with getting flamed. good for you! when i first came to the boards i was all but ignored until i said somthing about it, safe to say im not ignored anymore, though it wasnt everyones fault i didnt like posting relevant things and having my questiuons going unawnsered for days on end (couldnt use the "its been anwsered before" excuse because when i came, it hadnt, still on the first or second n64 page!) for old times sake here is that thread

Do I exist?

jaytee

Post by jaytee » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:31 pm

frankly, its topics like this that get people upset about spam (or at least me).
there is no real reason to make a separate topic to tell everyone that we all hate you. if its true, we already know it, and if its not, we don't care.
2 "pong" systems, Atari 2600, Odyssey2, Intellivision III, Top Loading NES, GameBoy Pocket, Sega Genesis 3, Sega Nomad, Game.com, N64, Playstation, Dreamcast, GameCube, XBox