Help me with my car!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp
Re: Help me with my car!

Post by Rekarp » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Did you do any of the things we listed?
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Well my dad said that the transmisson fluid was good but I don't know if he really knows what hes is talking about. I to scared to drive it anywhere for fear of it breaking down so I'm going to change the oil myself one of these days
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:10 pm

Bring it to a garage and have them take a look. Transmission issues are hard to diagnose unless you're looking at it.

ishootme

Post by ishootme » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:41 pm

Usually when you are low on tranny fluid, the transmission makes a small knocking sound kind of like when you have a loose rod in the engine block, but not as strong. The OP is rather vague in my opinion, but no reverse and very low speeds sounds like your tranny is far beyond needing fluid, assuming that was even the case to begin with. Depending on your RPMs, it could be non-ingaging gears, or a faulty carburetor. But if it doen't have reverse than it is probably your gears.

The tire problem, sounds like people have got it dead on. It is either allignment, loose lugnuts, or the tow could be off. Most likely alignment like stated before.