what's the dumbest thing a non-hacker has said to you?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

limpport
Re: what's the dumbest thing a non-hacker has said to you?

Post by limpport » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:58 pm

bicostp wrote:I hate it when I'm trying to fix something for someone and they insist on hovering around like I'm performing brain surgery on their mother or something. :wtf:

:lol: I just saw this on someone's dorm door!

samjc3
Steam ID:samjc3

Post by samjc3 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:11 am

it drive me insane when people call the tower the "harddrive"!!!!!!! and then, my science teacher calls it the "power supply", and thats almost worse. :facepalm:

and, i was telling my friend about the sega genesisP im working on (cartslot relocation done, board slimmed, batteries hooked up, some casework done. 55% done) and a kid walks up and asks me:
"whats a genesis?" :facepalm:
me: "its an awesome game console"
him: "woah! i didnt know there was a new console out! i havent seen any commercials1 how much does it cost!?"
me: ( :facepalm: ) "its not new, crap. it was sega's competitor to the SNES"
him: "what the copulate is a SNES?"
me: "holy crap! the SNES was nintendo's second game console"
him: "idiot! everyone knows the gamecube was nintendo's second console"
me: *pull out my nokia n810, go to google, type "nintendo consoles" go to the wikipedia page, make him read it* "see? dont talk about crap you dont have a clue about, fagballs."
him: "shuttup! everyone knows wikipedia is full of bad info!" *walks away; feeling very stupid"
AfroLH wrote:
HotDog-Cart wrote: Also, the codename stuff adds a little bit of sexyness, in my eyes.
Yeah well Alcohol adds a little bit of sexyness in my eyes, but I dont drink it all the time. :wink:
SpongeBuell wrote:As proof, I offer this picture of a monkey on my head.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:35 am

Well duh. Obviously anything that happened before you were old enough to remember didn't happen at all. Everybody knows that. :roll:

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:21 am

thewise1 wrote:Well then he obviously wants you to fix it with the magic pixie dust you have in your back pocket that you used to build it in the first place.

Oh, and I also run into people that think the monitor is the computer. So when they tell me that there is something wrong with their computer they actually mean the screen.
That reminds me of this...
I used to work in a computer store and one day we had a gentleman call in with a smoking power supply. The service rep was having a bit of trouble convincing this guy that he had a hardware problem.

Service Rep: Sir, something has burned up within your power supply. Customer: I bet that there is some command that I can put into the AUTOEXEC.BAT that will take care of this.

Service Rep: There is nothing that software can do to help you with this problem.

Customer: I know that there is something that I can put in... some command... maybe it should go into the CONFIG.SYS.

[After a few minutes of going round and round] Service Rep: Okay, I am not supposed to tell anyone this but there is a hidden command in some versions of DOS that you can use. I want you to edit your AUTOEXEC.BAT and add the last line as C:\DOS\NOSMOKE and reboot your computer.

[Customer does this] Customer: It is still smoking. Service Rep: I guess you'll need to call Microsoft and ask them for a patch for the NOSMOKE.EXE.

[The customer then hung up. We thought that we had heard the last of this guy but NO... he calls back four hours later]

Service Rep: Hello Sir, how is your computer? Customer: I called Microsoft and they said that my power supply is incompatible with their NOSMOKE.EXE and that I need to get a new one. I was wondering when I can have that done and how much it will cost..
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Me: aw dammit. I broken my bokken!
guy:dude no worries.
me:whattdya mean?
guy: you can just reforge it!
me:....REFORGE?.....Wood?...
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:50 pm

here's a youtube conversation between me "Penguin5822" and some other guy "FionaatGuy" on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeccP9qoajE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's totally convinced that the original guy to do this just used "Some program" so it's not really that special. I'm trying to explain to him that he was the one who made the program, but he just doesn't get it :)

oh noes! He insulted my grammar!

FionaatGuy - Someone wouldn't mind making a ****ing tutorial on how to mod the ****ing game!? The iluvem62 faggot doesn't even bother telling anyone becasue he's an overweight fatass nerd.

me - haha :) someone's mad because they have no clue how to mod BK....

here's how

1.Don't talk crap about iluvme
2.get an xbox 360 data migration kit or some way to transfer files from your hdd to pc
3. open in xplorer360 and extract vehichle files
4. use the vehichle editing tool or hex editor to mod, resign and hash and throw it back on your xbox
5. Still don't get it? I DON'T REALLY CARE because you can't even bother to ask nicely from the people that made the hack to begin with.

FionaatGuy - First of all, I do know how to, I just can't make a video because I don't have the time to. And since people are asking him, why not just make a ****ing video on how to? I already know this stuff since I was 11. Ask nicely? I did until he started acting like he is some ***ing hack-king. He's just another dumbass using a simple ****ing tool that you just change a ****ing number and earn a single jiggy and then **** it all up.

me - No, he doesn't just use some tool, he probably used a hex editor / hex comparison program to view it byte by byte and modify it himself.

On your profile you say your 73, which probably means your just another stupid 8 year old kid who goes around freaking out at people, acting like you know everything about everything.
---------------------no offense to you cool 8 year olds-----------------

If you REALLY know "how to do it" then tell me how you modify the file to change the block coordinates. You could just tell everyone you don't remember.... but if your such a great hacker then go figure it out yourself in 5 minutes.

btw if your referring to the already existing tool, he used his own knowledge, along with someone else's programming skills (Who's name I don't remember) to make it. So if you can really count using your own program as "using another dumb tool", Then cry about it

FionaatGuy - Since I didn't say I am a ****ing hacker-wannabe, stop crying. I can clearly see he didn't use hex. He used the N&B tool. 8? I bet you're some ****ing 11 year old trying to sound intelligent on the internet 'cause you have no real friends. Get outside and get yourself a ****ing life, KID. By the way your grammar sucks.

me - ITS THE INTERNET no one cares about grammer.

He made N&B tool!!!!1111eleventyone11 And he originally figured out how to do it with a hex editor... he used that knowledge to make the program.

btw you pretty much did say your a "hacker wann-be"
Quote - " I already know this stuff since I was 11"

I also noticed you used especially nice grammer in that sentece. Go away. I'll make the tutorial if I want to.

FionaatGuy - Since I don't have the perfect computer it may **** up a little in the letters.
Just stop crying over your miserable life.

me - hahahahahha :)

Now it's you computers fault? You have to be kidding me. It's a grammatical error, so no it's not your computer messing up the letters. I'm pretty sure your computer doesn't put down the letter L. when you press Z. AND If we really want to get technical you should have spelled out eleven.

I'm not the one sitting here freaking out and crying. You came here and got mad that there were no tutorials on how to do this (but of course you know to do the hack already because you have been a master hacker since you were eleven.) So now your getting mad for other people? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you really want the tutorial for yourself, but you'd obviously have no time to do it being that you have no time to make a tutorial.

FionaatGuy - My computer is laggy and I never said I was a ****ing master hacker when I was 11. I knew what script and such was and could make easy things in the ****ing script. Stop trying to sound intelligent you dumb ****ing german.

me - alright alright I gotch'ya.  You "Know how to do this stuff since you was 11" even though this has nothing to do with "Script"

sometimes my computer gets laggy and starts randomly typing things too. (This is sarcasm on my part. :D)

You're really not making yourself sound any better. You mind as well quit.

FionaatGuy - If the computer starts to lag it may not register the button I pressed, in this case, the S. Sorry german, you failed. :/

me - 1. lag wouldn't make a button not register. You obviously have no clue how computers work at all. The programming isn't just going to skip over an entire section of code. You messed up, just admit it.

2. It was a grammatical error, not a spelling error, so it doesn't matter if you pressed S or not.

3. Why are you calling me a German now? Is that something people do when they're trying to insult other people?
more to come???
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

mako321

Post by mako321 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:26 pm

I'm german :evil:

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:41 pm

Yeah... I have no clue why he thinks that's an insult... I think I got him to realize he's just making himself sound worse because he quit responding. 8)

I wonder what this "script" stuff is :lol:
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

kibble

Post by kibble » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:57 pm

When I was younger..

Me: *takes a circuit board to school* *shows it to another kid*
Other kid: *starts lifting up the electrolytic capacitors that were bent down*
Me: What are you doing?
Other kid: These are supposed to be standing up or they won't work.
Me: Yes they will, they'll work in any position.
Other kid: No they won't, they HAVE to be standing up.
Me: ..........

This one is non-technical, but still funny, in high school waiting for the bus after school:

Me: Hey, lets go kick it by the bus stop.
Nerdy kid: What are we gonna kick?
My friend: We're gonna kick your mom, your grandma....
Me: *lol'd*
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)

mako321

Post by mako321 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:13 pm

what circuit board?

snowpenguin

Post by snowpenguin » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:47 pm

mako321 wrote:I'm german :evil:
You're canadian.

stuntpenguin007

Post by stuntpenguin007 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:59 pm

he could just be of German background but live in Canada :?
SNESP WIP
Case - 50%
acquired parts - 90%
assembly - 0%

metalcookie

Post by metalcookie » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:48 pm

My mom was having trouble getting the family computer to turn on.
she said"hey (insert name here) can you come fix this piece of $%^?! I can't get the *&^%$ thing to turn on!"
After a bit of inspecting I plugged it in.
Citizen Kane

joeyjoe9876

Post by joeyjoe9876 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:25 pm

metalcookie wrote:My mom was having trouble getting the family computer to turn on.
she said"hey (insert name here) can you come fix this piece of $%^?! I can't get the *&^%$ thing to turn on!"
After a bit of inspecting I plugged it in.
LOL how can you not have your computer plugged in? mine is on 24/7 lol
My For Sale/Trade thread
N64p Coming Soon :D

kibble

Post by kibble » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:34 am

mako321 wrote:what circuit board?
I don't remember, it was a long time ago.
Coming Soon: Kibble's L'Ectroshop (parts and stuff FS)