what's the dumbest thing a non-hacker has said to you?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

XCVG
Re: what's the dumbest thing a non-hacker has said to you?

Post by XCVG » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Funny conversation:

Me: I want an XBOX so I can play Halo.
Guy: Well can't you just get it for PC?
Me: Well yeah for Halo 1 but Halo 2 needs Vista.
Guy: No, it needs Microsoft!
Me: Microsoft Windows Vista.
Guy: It needs Microsoft!
Me (walking away laughing): WOW U FAIL! I'm gonna post it in the dumbest nonhacker thread!

Sadly only my half is exaggerated. I suck at remembering conversations; I've had a lot more funny ones.

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Twilight Wolf wrote: I WANT TO SEE

No, seriously, you have a Butcher cover?
Sorry it took me a bit, I kind of forgot! :P

My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:52 pm

I want that!
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 pm

That album cover is awesome....the Beatles totally roxorz!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

RoboMac

Post by RoboMac » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:34 pm

Haha I Have This Really Really Really REALLY stupid classmate who thinks he knows everything. Much like the rest of my school. So you know how I got back at them for them not believing me about modding my PSP or whatever? I infected my whole entire school with a regenerating worm. Remember, it only takes 1 person!

~~Jordan~~

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:37 pm

lol wut?
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:35 am

here is one I heard at game stop

guy: I put a 60 gig hard drive in my 40 gig PS3 and now it plays PS2 games.

Tromoly4130

Post by Tromoly4130 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:54 am

Just remembered more from the conversation posted earlier.

Topic: the new iPod Shuffle

Me: I don't like it, I like having buttons, plus the new one's headphones have a proprietary chip in them so you can't add aftermarket headphones
Her: If your headphones break, just buy a better iPod
Me: Stock iPod headphones sound like crap compared to better sounding ones, plus if my headphones break I like being able to choose what I replace them with
Her: Apple headphones are the best, if they break just buy another pair or buy a better iPod
Me: But I like my Sony headphones, I'd like to use them with whatever I want
Her: Buy a better iPod to use them then
Me: ...........
There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:41 am

Tromoly4130 wrote:Just remembered more from the conversation posted earlier.

Topic: the new iPod Shuffle

Me: I don't like it, I like having buttons, plus the new one's headphones have a proprietary chip in them so you can't add aftermarket headphones
Her: If your headphones break, just buy a better iPod
Me: Stock iPod headphones sound like crap compared to better sounding ones, plus if my headphones break I like being able to choose what I replace them with
Her: Apple headphones are the best, if they break just buy another pair or buy a better iPod
Me: But I like my Sony headphones, I'd like to use them with whatever I want
Her: Buy a better iPod to use them then
Me: ...........
that's when you slap her and tell her that's why women shouldn't be allowed to vote :twisted:

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:59 pm

In car coming back from a sailing event full of people:

Girl: "Yeah, so like, I was doing homework, and Carlos, this kid, he comes over to my house, and like, he is almost a brother, and we were all like studying homework and stuff, then like, he had the magnet, and it was like, really strong, and like, wanted to, like, figure out if the trackpad on my new macbook was metal, or whatever, and like set it on the trackpad, and the whole thing like blacked out, and we brought it to these mac people, and they said the hard drive was totally dead, and I needed to buy a new one and like, all my pictures were on it, so, yeah. That sucked. Now I like, never let magnets near any of my stuff, like, ever. Anyway, my parents, like, just bought me a new one and stuff."

Me (Smelling a possible deal): "So, what exactly did you do with the "totally dead" macbook?"

Girl: Our school had, like, an E-Cycling day, which is kinda like recycling, but with e-stuff, and we were like, trying to get the most stuff to e-cycle, and like, I brought the macbook, but I kept the charger as a spare, like, yeah."

Me (trying to not explode) "Did you at least strip the li-po cells and the keyboard from it?"

Girl: "Uh, what?"

Me: "........................................."

In short, her new 13" macbook unibody got its harddrive killed, and she threw away the whole thing. :evil:

Excellent

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:02 pm

Must burn. Kill. Her. Now.

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:23 pm

palmertech wrote:In car coming back from a sailing event full of people:

Girl: "Yeah, so like, I was doing homework, and Carlos, this kid, he comes over to my house, and like, he is almost a brother, and we were all like studying homework and stuff, then like, he had the magnet, and it was like, really strong, and like, wanted to, like, figure out if the trackpad on my new macbook was metal, or whatever, and like set it on the trackpad, and the whole thing like blacked out, and we brought it to these mac people, and they said the hard drive was totally dead, and I needed to buy a new one and like, all my pictures were on it, so, yeah. That sucked. Now I like, never let magnets near any of my stuff, like, ever. Anyway, my parents, like, just bought me a new one and stuff."

Me (Smelling a possible deal): "So, what exactly did you do with the "totally dead" macbook?"

Girl: Our school had, like, an E-Cycling day, which is kinda like recycling, but with e-stuff,
and we were like, trying to get the most stuff to e-cycle, and like, I brought the macbook, but I kept the charger as a spare, like, yeah."
Me (trying to not explode) "Did you at least strip the li-po cells and the keyboard from it?"

In short, her new 13" macbook unibody got its harddrive killed, and she threw away the whole thing. :evil:
What an idiot. If only I could slap her across the face for ruining a good computer and for being a spoiled brat
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

Oniak

Post by Oniak » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:41 pm

palmertech wrote:In car coming back from a sailing event full of people:

Girl: Our school had, like, an E-Cycling day, which is kinda like recycling, but with e-stuff, and we were like, trying to get the most stuff to e-cycle, and like, I brought the macbook, but I kept the charger as a spare, like, yeah."

Oh crap, I must be jesus, I took a huge magnet and like rubbed it along my laptop when I was bored once, Forgetting that could happen, nothing did though. Anyways wow, what I would give for a macbook. It was just a HD :(

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:02 pm

A hard drive that may have only needed a reformat. :evil: (It's common for salespeople to say a problem is worse than it is, so they can sell you a product or service with a higher profit margin.)

"My Mercedes, like, ran out of that 'gas' stuff, so I like brought it to the junkyard and like got another one at the dealer thingy."

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:04 pm

I was explaining to my classmate brett (he's a bit special) that portables are a lot of work, and that you have to use your own wires to solder them together.

To this day brett thinks that a nes portable would be more expensive than a 360 laptop because you have to buy your own wires.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts