whats your favorite portable device?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

jleemero
Re: whats your favorite portable device?

Post by jleemero » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm

24 Lbs of pocket-sized goodness.

DJ711
Location:Deep in the garage trying so very hard not to fry my N64. Oh! Also NY

Post by DJ711 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:25 pm

Turknatr12 wrote:By: Xteaph-N

:lol: I remeber that,
I haven't been here in awhile, and looking back it's one of the worst ideas I ever had. I'm back and I'll be here for awhile, I was quite active 1 year ago and I hope to become that again.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:57 pm

N800 is the best I have now. Its pretty good, but I just don't really use it much (considering selling it, PM me if interested). Its a great jack-of-all-trades, could substitute it for a computer in a pinch. If you want just one device to do everything, the n8x0 is worth looking into.
My favorite of all time is the PSP, and custom firmware is just icing on the cake. It too is a jack-of-all-trades, but it is almost a master for what I want. I'm probably going to buy another (maybe a slim), mod a SDHC slot or two into it so I don't have to break the bank for memory and maybe change the location of the analog.

Valium

Post by Valium » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:51 pm

Never needed anything but the clothes on my back.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 pm

vskid wrote:My favorite of all time is the PSP, and custom firmware is just icing on the cake. It too is a jack-of-all-trades, but it is almost a master for what I want. I'm probably going to buy another (maybe a slim), mod a SDHC slot or two into it so I don't have to break the bank for memory and maybe change the location of the analog.
Wait, you can mod an SDHC slot onto the PSP? Does it work just the same? Until I know, I categorize this under "Important if True."

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:53 pm

I never really carry it around with me, but the PSP. I have a phone but it's not a PDA-style Phone.. does enough things. Plays games, web browses.. all that.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:37 pm

eagle5953 wrote:
vskid wrote:My favorite of all time is the PSP, and custom firmware is just icing on the cake. It too is a jack-of-all-trades, but it is almost a master for what I want. I'm probably going to buy another (maybe a slim), mod a SDHC slot or two into it so I don't have to break the bank for memory and maybe change the location of the analog.
Wait, you can mod an SDHC slot onto the PSP? Does it work just the same? Until I know, I categorize this under "Important if True."
Get one of these, open it up, and solder a full size SD slot to the microSD slot's pins. Or you could just use it as-is if you have microSD cards, but I have SD cards I'd use.

eagle5953
360 GamerTag:eagle5953
Steam ID:eagle5953

Post by eagle5953 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:03 pm

vskid wrote:
eagle5953 wrote:
Get one of these, open it up, and solder a full size SD slot to the microSD slot's pins. Or you could just use it as-is if you have microSD cards, but I have SD cards I'd use.
Wow, that's just spiffy. If I ever feel confident enough in my soldering skills to go inside my psp, I may just need to do this.

Thanks for the link-up.

ValiantVenality
Portablizer

Post by ValiantVenality » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:06 pm

yea anyone considering buying a device get a nokia n810. my friend has a new ipod touch and i compared them, and the nokia is better in almost everyway. i was going to buy a n800 but the n810 just looked so much cooler.

VV

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:12 pm

Turknatr12 wrote:By: Xteaph-N

ah, what an epic fail of a thread.

I had to straighten out the folks at DCemu who thought his Wii was hand-built and what-not.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:28 pm

favorite handheld? hard to decide for me. I would have to say either gba or gbc. Also, the other day I got a free psp 1001 (my first psp yay) with a busted analog, and I am really liking it. So the psp may climb to the top of my list.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:36 pm

:lol: my Ti-83 plus! Do we have to own it to be our favorite? because my school gives them to us til we graduate... and if we have to own them my ipod, 80GB 6th gen.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:45 pm

iPod Touch (Jailbroken of course)

Although I want to sell it, PM me if interested :P

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:03 pm

eurddrue wrote::lol: my Ti-83 plus! Do we have to own it to be our favorite? because my school gives them to us til we graduate... and if we have to own them my ipod, 80GB 6th gen.
ah yes, the Ti-83/84. I would impress people by having Wolfenstein 3d on mine.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 pm

I am very much considering getting this little beast.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20217