So I bought a PS3...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod
Re: So I bought a PS3...

Post by jones » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:21 pm

bcopping wrote:I'll play Resistance2 with you once a certain guy by the name of Ben is done my controller ;) I think it's a great game but some people think otherwise, whatever.

As for GT5: Prologue the online part needs a major rework. There is NO way you can be guaranteed to play against your buddies, ie no invites, party system etc.

But Killzone 2 looks and sounds like it's living up to its greatness. Definitely buying that one, the demo comes out Feb. 5th, I have an extra demo code I can give you.
Sounds good on the Resistance 2 action. Looks like Ben was making some progress on the controller from what I could see the other day. :)

I just may have to take you up on that Killzone 2 code. People have been talking that game up for forever it seems. Would be cool to actually give it a look.

Jones

bcopping

Post by bcopping » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:51 am

jones wrote:
Sounds good on the Resistance 2 action. Looks like Ben was making some progress on the controller from what I could see the other day. :)

I just may have to take you up on that Killzone 2 code. People have been talking that game up for forever it seems. Would be cool to actually give it a look.

Jones
Yeah things sound like they're coming along nicely.

I'm still waiting from Gamestop to get my friggin code, I was supposed to get it yesterday. But Sony Europe is releasing the demo the same day so you might just have to create a European acct to download & play if my code doesn't come through for some strange reason.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:15 pm

I probably won't be getting a PS3 for a while.

I would rather spend $400 on a New CPU and 4870X2 Graphics card, than a PS3.

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:44 pm

Eh, it's your choice, dude. You're missing out on some good stuff, though.

That said, would anyone here recommend picking up "Bioshock?" I've got an unused $40 Wal-Mart gift card I may buy it with.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:52 pm

Bioshock is the greatest game in the history of the universe (apart from the fact that i am a retro gamer, then this would be the best for recent games)
i'm surprised you don't already have it :wink: Just Kidding, but you should get it.
Making stuff with my new beautiful CNC machine!
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=32724

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:58 pm

@bcopping

Thanks for the tip on the Euro account exploit to be able to get a crack at the demo. Sounds like it is getting a chilly reception from some of the early looks I've seen...
Twilight Wolf wrote:Eh, it's your choice, dude. You're missing out on some good stuff, though.

That said, would anyone here recommend picking up "Bioshock?" I've got an unused $40 Wal-Mart gift card I may buy it with.
Don't even think about it. Just buy BioShock as soon as possible. It is one of the best games I've ever played.

I played it on 360, but I'm sure it is essentially the same on PS3. I believe they were supposed to add some bonus content to the PS3 version that would exist outside of the actual story, but I'm not 100% on that.

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:01 pm

All right, two more votes for "yes."

I've seen some gameplay videos of it on YouTube, and man, it looks creepy. I like it.

I shall buy it as soon as I can, then.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:14 pm

jones wrote:I believe they were supposed to add some bonus content to the PS3 version that would exist outside of the actual story, but I'm not 100% on that.
I wish...
but no, there is just better graphics on the PS3 version (i'm probably going to start another console war, aren't I?) because of the much greater space on blu-ray and because of PS3's crazy graphics proc.
You won't really be able to tell an incredibly great difference, though.
Would you like a professional looking custom case for your portable? I may be able to help you. Check out this link:

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:15 pm

I know I probably wouldn't be able to.

480i over composite on a 20" CRT, baby!
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

jones
Compound Intelligence

Post by jones » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:27 pm

64M320N3 wrote:
jones wrote:I believe they were supposed to add some bonus content to the PS3 version that would exist outside of the actual story, but I'm not 100% on that.
I wish...
but no, there is just better graphics on the PS3 version (i'm probably going to start another console war, aren't I?) because of the much greater space on blu-ray and because of PS3's crazy graphics proc.
You won't really be able to tell an incredibly great difference, though.
Ah ha! I just looked it up. Apparently the PS3 has exclusive DLC. Nothing different on-disc other than that I think it comes with the 360 DLC (which was minimal).

At least I know I'm not losing my mind, since I was pretty damn sure I remembered hearing about stuff that was exclusive to the PS3 release. You just have to pay extra for it I guess. LOL

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Eh, that's modern gaming for you. Oh, well.

Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up sometime, nonetheless.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

64M320N3

Post by 64M320N3 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:46 pm

hmm i'll have to look into that :wink: eventually

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:19 pm

Buy Bioshock. Just do it. :P
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:10 pm

All right, another "yes."

I may or may not be going to Wal-Mart today, so if I do, I'll have to check for it.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

bcopping

Post by bcopping » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:12 pm

Jones,

Killzone2 is pretty friggin awesome. The demo is really good but very short! But I keep playing it because the AI is always different and very good. The sound is impeccable, I have a left channel, centre, right channel & sub and this game (and others) convinced me I need 7.1 sound! This has 7.1 quadraphonic uncompressed sound - how's that for nerdy!

I bought Bioshock for ps3 but haven't played it yet because the demo freaked me out :shock:

I try not to get hyped about games until I've played into it but Killzone2 is very good. This weekend is Bioshock for me and Fallout3, I have to restart that to get the trophies and I want to become a mean bastard. Blow Megaton. My friend said it was one of his favourite moments in gaming.