So I bought a PS3...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

gamecube6
Re: So I bought a PS3...

Post by gamecube6 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:08 am

Twilight Wolf wrote:
jones wrote:Maybe the clerk just figured that BioShock is so awesome that everyone should play it regardless of age. :)
Maybe, but last I heard from him, the newest console he owned was an N64.
Ouch :lol:

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn

Re: So I bought a PS3...

Post by Twilight Wolf » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:03 pm

Okay... I started "Bioshock" last night. Here are my initial thoughts:

This game is awesome so far. It's got such an great atmosphere that really sucks you into the game, and it seems decently challenging so far, even on "medium." The Big Daddies take a while to kill, and those damned Splicers keep getting in the way; I tried to set one on fire and instead ignited a Big Daddy instead because it moved out of the way, and I was beaten to a pulp as a result. I have also reached the point where I had to make a decision on the first Little Sister... I chose to save her.

One thing I find irksome, however, is the fact you can't customize the controls. I mean, why? That's really dumb, I think. But the controls... they're weird. Triangle is jump? Square is reload? And I haven't even mentioned how many times I've accidentally selected a Plasmid when I tried to go back to my previous weapon (which, on "Team Fortress 2," is mapped to L1). Not natural to me at all after having played the games on "The Orange Box" for so long... but I think I'll get used to it. Small price to pay, I think.

I very much look forward to seeing what happens next!

Also, some thoughts on "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection." I've played a few of the games on the disc for a couple of minutes each, and I'm honestly impressed so far. Each game that I can compare to its corresponding Genesis cartridge (if I own it, anyways) seems to be a dead-on representation of the original game, only with sharper graphics and sound. Supposedly it's DualShock 3 compatible, but I've yet to find rumble in any of the games I've tried... Perhaps it's for the unlockable stuff, I don't know. The trophy support is nice, and you've even got neat little features like game box and cartridge artwork to look at, plus you can even rate individual games on a scale of one through five so you can quickly find your favorites! All in all, it seems to be a very promising collection, and I look forward to playing each game.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.