Benheck Second Official Bondo Open.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Benheck Second Official Bondo Open.

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:46 pm

Alright guys. Same deal as before, except now it's a whole bunch of different members. I expect to see lots of ingenuity and ideas that force us all to look at modding in a different way.
For reference, the first contest.

RULES:

This year is going to be much more flexible than before. Essentially, you're modifying a controller.

It's an open contest. Everyone is welcome to join at any time, as long as you have something done by the due date. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK FOR EXTENSIONS. I did it last time, and will likely do it again if it's more than one person that needs time.

You must re-design/re-build a game controller using Bondo or any other crazy skills you may have, including vacuum forming, frankencasing, wood, papier mache, or anything else that might come to mind. The focus is on case design and/or button layout, obviously, as there's not much else in need of redesigning on a controller. Go wild. Make it huge. Make it tiny. Make it able to be controlled with your feet. Make it bendable. Make it stealth (That's not a calculator, it's an XBOX CONTROLLER!). You get the point. Make it way out of the ordinary. We're talking concept car designs. Cool and pointless mods that will never reach production.

You must complete the said controller (personally I'd prefer N64) by March 1, 2009. After you complete it, post pictures of it in this thread.

On March 1st, at 11:59 PM, this contest is over. You will all notice that's the end of a Sunday.

At that point - Or next-day - a new thread will be made where contestants will have to re-post their designs. Keep comments to a minimum or zero until they're all there. It will then be polled.

There will be three winners, who will receive user-donated prizes (Last year was some WoW gold, because free stuff is great. Maybe we can order some free samples right to their house or something). There will also be one designated loser, who has the single-worst design, who will be forever exiled from the forums, and will be required to buy cases from the other members of the forums instead of making his own.

Remember to post your finished controllers in this thread, in BOLD, with pictures.

Begin!
Hey, sup?

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:52 pm

omfg another compo! jesus people, I'm in my buisiest time of the year! :cry: I don't think I'll be able to even enter in this one
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:00 am

i may, just may have to do this

schmellyfart
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Steam ID:schmellyfart

Post by schmellyfart » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:05 am

Two competitions going on at the same time, that will be interesting. Participating in this one for sure.

jackfb13

Post by jackfb13 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:47 am

controlled with your feet eh? :D
I think I'll have a go

Shoot me an invite!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:26 am

ahaha perfect. can i re-enter the SNES64 controller. its basically new and improved, i am in the process of a massive overhaul on the design ergonomics materials used and cosmetics of the device. the new revision will be much sturdier. working! and better looking than the old one (no more cracks!)
Last year was some WoW gold, because free stuff is great. Maybe we can order some free samples right to their house or something)
i didnt get crap! :lol:
Last edited by Triton on Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

khaag

Post by khaag » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:29 am

No ugly, cracky surface this time Triton ;)
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:50 am

Hatrix wrote:CRACKS!

Shame on you... This was a bondo contest, not a frankencase contest.. You have cracks in your bondo... Nice Frankencase though.
:lol: nope, every single flaw with the original (cracks et al) will be corrected and perfected! it looks like hell now but it will be solid as heck and wonderful to use AND look better than it did before! :D and just for reference the controller in question

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:30 am

That looks like utter HELL, Triton. GO BACK TO LOSERVILLE.

:P

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 am

I think I'll enter something neat

edit: I just had a great idea. Make a nunchuk a NES controller. it's got all the necessary button, feels great and is one handed, even!

But I'm too cheap to do it, so I'm just throwing the idea out there.

Here's some help on how to do it:
http://wocares.com/modding/article.php?id=27

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:10 pm

Looks like this a go then. Re-entering is fine, a NES nunchuck was done last time (I think) and I look forward to the lazyman's foot controller.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... ing+thread

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php ... ing+thread

Old threads, for reference/idea starting points. Controller contests are great if they're not too common.
Hey, sup?

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Oh, so it's been done? Shame. Well my idea was actually leaving the analog intact, as it makes one handed control easier.

But as how I mentioned before, that won't be my project anyway, as I don't want to sacrifice a nunchuk. I'll think of something neat.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:12 pm

I need to get back to work on my G-MOTE revision.

This may give me a good reason to get back to work on it. And make something super awesome!

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

jjhammerstein

Post by jjhammerstein » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm about to gut a bunch of N64 controllers.
I'm tempted to make a stupid-tiny controller.
Like, 2"x3" tiny.
That would be totally useless.
GET FREE WOW GOLD SEX VISIT MODRETRO

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:08 pm

I disagree, no re-entering.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;