Greetings from a long-time lurker.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Twilight Wolf
PSN Username:MySegaSaturn
Greetings from a long-time lurker.

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:54 pm

Hi, guys! I'm Twilight Wolf, but my real name is Sean, so you can call me that if you like. I'm 14, but I'll be turning 15 in March, and I live in Reno. I've been a fan of Ben and his work for quite a while now (I first stumbled across his website in early 2006), and I've been lurking on the forums for nearly that long, too. You've always seemed like a friendly bunch to me, so I don't know why it took me so long to finally register, especially since I've been unable to comment on you guys' projects or participate in conversations I found interesting. Now that I have, however, I'll no longer be just one of the many guests, and I can finally be a productive member of the forums. I've learned quite a lot about the fine art of portablizing during my time here and through Ben's book (which I got for Christmas last year; I was thrilled, by the way!), and I hope to one day use this knowledge to create my dream portable: a Sega Saturn laptop. (I'm a Saturn junkie, yes.)

I did have a question about one of the rules: In the "Rules 5.0" thread, under the "Formalities" heading, number seven: "Try to keep your reply ratio under ten posts a day." Does this mean I should try not to make more than ten posts a day? I don't intend on making 100 or more posts a day, but if there are multiple topics that strike my interest that I'd like to reply to, ten posts seems a little... I don't know, not enough? I can definitely understand not making ten topics a day (or even per week), and I do understand you're trying to keep bandwidth down, but I usually make more posts than that on other forums daily, so if that could be clarified for me, I'd very much appreciate it.

Well, that's about it for now. I hope to be able to get to know you guys. See you all on the forums!

- Sean

P.S. I noticed this post:
palmertech wrote:Hey, are you that guy who lurked a long time, then when you registered, it was creepy because you talked like you knew everybody? :lol:
If I start doing that, I apologize.
Tchay wrote:
samjc3 wrote:Fire. Youve probably heard of it?
No he's from Canada.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:09 pm

Sup Sean? :D

Don't worry about the 10-post-a-day limit, many have "broken" that formality, so whatever.

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 pm

Hi, Skyone! I'm doing pretty well, myself. Just came out of a round of "Team Fortress 2." How about you?

Also, thanks for the clarification! Like I said, I don't plan on posting 100+ times a day, but it's still nice to have that cleared up.

Heh, it's strange, now that I can post, I don't know where I should post. I don't know if I'm just used to not posting or just can't decide where to post.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:26 pm

...all depends on what interests you...

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:35 pm

Well, a lot of these topics interest me, which would explain why I have a hard time deciding. Eh, I'll figure it out.
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:01 am

Just go crazy and post on everything you thing you can provide a good comment for ;)
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:04 am

You know, I think I'll do just that.

It's nice to meet you, Metallica Man X. And you, too, bacteria!
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:18 am

Quality over quantity is the general rule of thumb of any organized forum; but have fun. ;) You should give portablizing a shot; it's been a bit dry here (not my place to say, I've hardly been a help).

Twilight Wolf

Post by Twilight Wolf » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:27 am

I've been wanting to make a portable for a while, really. I actually had plans for making the SNES portable with a hand-made case in Ben's book last summer, I think it was, but one of my biggest issues is that I don't have a good permanent workspace. Most of the projects I've done (cleaning out consoles/controllers, fixing my NES, doing a disc drive swap on a PS1, modchipping my Saturn, etc.) only took up a given space for a day or so and thus weren't a problem. Maybe if I ever get around to cleaning my desk off...
Tchay wrote:
No he's from Canada.

DK

Post by DK » Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:56 am

Darn it, your location got Johnny Cash in my head :lol:

But welcome to BenHeck.

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:11 am

Skyone wrote:Quality over quantity is the general rule of thumb of any organized forum; but have fun. ;) You should give portablizing a shot; it's been a bit dry here (not my place to say, I've hardly been a help).
hey thats not true, some times you have to say nothing and see if the poster helps them self first. some times the thread comes back and better questions are added and all that jazz

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:15 am

10 posts a day? somebody ban me

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:31 am

cennar wrote:
Skyone wrote:Quality over quantity is the general rule of thumb of any organized forum; but have fun. ;) You should give portablizing a shot; it's been a bit dry here (not my place to say, I've hardly been a help).
hey thats not true, some times you have to say nothing and see if the poster helps them self first. some times the thread comes back and better questions are added and all that jazz
Wouldn't that actually prove my statement true? :P

@Kyo; you have an average of 2.67 posts a day. :?

cennar

Post by cennar » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:38 am

Skyone wrote:
cennar wrote:

i think so, I'm tired. thats just an average. I still post like 1.5 a day an I've been inactive for 3 years almost. lol

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:52 am

Skyone wrote:
cennar wrote:

that's because of my inactive periods. In my active periods, I post far more.