MGC 2009 - Great show, once again!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire
Re: MGC 2009 [Now Taking Reservations, BH Suite List Added]

Post by Metallica Man X » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:03 am

Oh noes!! If you can't go...then I probably won't be able to go either! As of right now, none of my friends are gonna be able to make it down there for this event, and I'm sure as halibut am not driving that far by myself! Now I'm sad.....

In the event that Spongebuell can't make it down, is there anyone out there who will be passing near-enough to little old New Lisbon who could give me a ride? I'll gladly reimburse you for any gas burned to make the sideways trek to stop here!
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:22 pm

Metallica Man X wrote:Oh noes!! If you can't go...then I probably won't be able to go either! As of right now, none of my friends are gonna be able to make it down there for this event, and I'm sure as halibut am not driving that far by myself! Now I'm sad.....

In the event that Spongebuell can't make it down, is there anyone out there who will be passing near-enough to little old New Lisbon who could give me a ride? I'll gladly reimburse you for any gas burned to make the sideways trek to stop here!
Just to clarify, I wouldn't get too worried just yet... but I wouldn't be too certain, either. Just don't want to back out at the last minute :)
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 am

Hey, if anyone can get me a ride I'd be much obliged. Otherwise I'm not sure if I can go. :(

I can pay for gas and I live in Fort Wayne, IN (well, close to it, I can be there).

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:08 pm

We should get a picture of the United states map, and then lable where everyone is. I think that might be helpful.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:44 pm

you need a new group of people that are coming but refuse to conform to the BH Suite (i.e me :P)

I'm going to try and make something for the BHE so if I send one of you a noob question via pm at least humor me

Rekarp
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:55 pm

By the way it looks like I will be able to go and I am down for the BH Suite. I am coming up from Austin,Tx and will be driving. I only have passage for 1 so if you are in route I can pick you up if you agree to split gas ;)
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Sorry guys I can't make it this year. :cry: I don't have any money. I just totaled my Car a few weeks back. I'm broke.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:35 am

project_failure wrote:Sorry guys I can't make it this year. :cry: I don't have any money. I just totaled my Car a few weeks back. I'm broke.
We will miss you man. Now we need to find someone else that will want to build a spur of the moment console in the bathroom. Na, I'll try to get more video, and I'm sure Ben will do another video podcast, so we'll try to make it so you fell like you were there.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

arfink

Post by arfink » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:45 pm

Well, I'm finally going to be able to come to this thing, but I don't know about the BH suite, I and my buddy are either a) pitching a tent somewheres, or b) possibly staying with a friend who's not too far away, provided he's around. To be honest I'm not too sure about sharing a suite with like 15 other guys I don't know, but the price tag is good looking.

And, since when are hotels letting you just put as many guys in a suite as you want? I didn't know you could do that. It's kinda cool. And is the Ramada cheaper than the resort I assume?

EDIT: yeah, I will most likely see you all there of course, but probably not at the hotel. My day there would be Sunday only, so count me out on the suite. The earliest I can leave is about 5:45 PM Saturday, and I would get there at night. This is to avoid conflicts with classes and provide me with an opportunity to go to Mass. I am a Roman Catholic seminarian and am obliged to attend a Mass someplace at least every weekend. Spring break actually begins for me that Saturday, so it will be nice to have the day to pack up, etc.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

arfink

Re: The Benheck.com Experience at Midwest Gaming Classic 2009

Post by arfink » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:07 pm

So, lemme get this straight, and correct me if I'm wrong:

We can
-bring tools
-use tools
-safely leave projects there (possibly)

My other question is, will there possibly be a TV there for mainly non-portable modders like myself to put stuff on, or should I plan on bringing a little screen of my own?

And lastly, regarding a certain line said about "questionable" things like modding a SNES to play Super Famicom games. Is that really illegal? Region modding has always been put forth to me as perfectly legal. In fact, some of my coolest mods are NES-Famicom hybrid/custom cartridge monstrosities. I won't be able to bring them with? There's no pirate/rom anything to do with it, just real famicom boards jammed into real NES cartridge cases.
Emulation isn't accurate. There is no substitute for real hardware!

nevermind1534
Steam ID:nevermind1534

Post by nevermind1534 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:17 pm

Maybe in a few years... Looks nice, though.
Kyo wrote:"does anyone here know how to fly a plane?"

"STAND BACK EVERYBODY, I HAVE A FAKE ID"

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:27 am

Gah, this makes me really wish I could make it now.
I'm sure the portables being made will be way better than the one we made in the toilet last year :lol:

Oh...and umm... :?: ^_^;
palmertech wrote: Image

Rekarp
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:19 pm

Since I am driving I can bring most of my modding gear. I will definitely bring up some of my video mods and some Ataris. The Woody DS will also make an apperance. I can bring a 20" CRT monitor if need be. I really wish I could lug the 34" HDTV to really show off the video mod but that would be a little to big. I will be bring about 10-20 of the said Video Mod Kits to help pay for the trip up as well. But yah I can lug a Jeep full of crap up. Really looking forward to this.

edit// Maybe some epic Warlords pwnage is instore on a projector screen?
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:31 pm

arfink wrote:And, since when are hotels letting you just put as many guys in a suite as you want? I didn't know you could do that. It's kinda cool. And is the Ramada cheaper than the resort I assume?
Technically, it's not supposed to happen. I did put the maximum number of adults allowed by the drop-down box when reserving the room (4) and we do have 2 suites as of now (will probably drop it down to a room and a suite to get it cheaper yet). Last year, we had someone from the hotel ask us to keep it down, and they saw us having 10 people in the room. Didn't say anything.
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:21 pm

Yeah if someone can bring a standard TV with composite inputs, I'll need that for my project. If no one can, I have a 20" in my room that I guess I can bring, just rather not. Having to put something like that in a trunk and then remove it..... you get the idea.

-Sparkfist
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.