MGC 2009 - Great show, once again!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:22 am

I am currently 70% sure I will be attending I shall be driving from Austin, Tx to Milwaukee. 19 hour drive plus 3-4 hour nap halfway so a whole day of driving. I can pick up 1 person on the way if need be (split gas after pickup of course). If gas gets to $4 I won't go but I can afford to spend $3 per gallon to make a round trip. Will be taking the Jeep up. Has 135k miles but is in tip top shape and should make it easily. Might have to borrow a parking lot to do an oil change before I head back tho :wink:

edit// I will probably have my own room. So don't count me in on the Suite.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:59 am

Rekarp wrote:edit// I will probably have my own room. So don't count me in on the Suite.
Dude, you're missin' out!
Life of Brian wrote:
RYW wrote:RYW:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel
I'll be honest with you - I would have never guessed that.

Rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:52 am

SpongeBuell wrote:
Rekarp wrote:edit// I will probably have my own room. So don't count me in on the Suite.
Hmm I might reconsider. Can I drink beer in the room? I promise not to share 8)
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Make a 3rd section of the list for people like me who have to get cash together(I hope my n64p sells) and then convince their parents. :lol:

I am this close!

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SpongeBuell

Post by SpongeBuell » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:01 am

Rekarp wrote:
SpongeBuell wrote:
Hmm I might reconsider. Can I drink beer in the room? I promise not to share 8)
Sorry, but I gotta be strict on that one and say no, even if you're of age. Caffeine, on the other hand, is welcomed and encouraged. Honestly, the last 2 years have easily been fun enough that you don't need it. (not that I'm denying that a few drinks can be fun, too, but most people will be underage).

@SS: sorry, that'd make recordkeeping a hell of a lot worse. Let me know when you're in, though :)
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel

Rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:25 am

SpongeBuell wrote: Sorry, but I gotta be strict on that one and say no, even if you're of age. Caffeine, on the other hand, is welcomed and encouraged. Honestly, the last 2 years have easily been fun enough that you don't need it. (not that I'm denying that a few drinks can be fun, too, but most people will be underage).
Hmm I agree with you. Put me down right now as maybe (70% at the moment). I will know by the end of this week.
The wood master

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:23 pm

palmertech wrote:
Kyo wrote:You just had to add that, didn't you? Are we a little homophobic?
Because without that disclaimer, the scenario would have looked like this:
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/6zlbax.jpg[/im]
Palmer what the hell is that? And thats kind of an old pic of me, my hairs is usually never that short! :P

I prefer my avatar.

SS

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:18 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:
palmertech wrote:
Kyo wrote:You just had to add that, didn't you? Are we a little homophobic?
Because without that disclaimer, the scenario would have looked like this:
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/6zlbax.jpg[/im]
Palmer what the hell is that? And thats kind of an old pic of me, my hairs is usually never that short! :P

I prefer my avatar.

SS
It was a response to Kyo that shows why you had the "no homo" disclaimer. :P As far as "What it IS", it is a picture of the real Ganondorf, superimposed with the head from Gannons avatar, next to a picture that makes you look really gay, with a quote from you that also sounds really gay. :lol:

EDIT: Your avatar is totally sick, what headphones are you wearing?

In all truthfulness, I am not quite sure it works well. But I am gonna pull the "I was just tired when I said that" card. :wink:

Excellent

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:32 pm

No, it doesn't work well. It is an abomination to picture, clearly made with MS Paint. :lol: Take it down to hide your shame, you silly drunkard! :P

In any case, they are NDS headphones I got in a package, that came with a case, and a stylus, and whatnot a few years ago.

Those headphones are great.

SS

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:44 pm

meh, you guys can talk about me behind my back, I give you permission. I realize I'm weird and my modding abilities suck.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

G-force

Post by G-force » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:11 am

Well you guys aren't lucky enough to go without me. Count me there!

No Gannon? aww.. We'll miss ya man.

A big early thanks to sponge for helping with travel arrangements and all. He helped me out a lot the first time i attended. Much appreciated my man.

I'll be driving up with my brother from indiana, so if anyone is along the way and needs a ride, let me know. I havent looked up the route yet, but let me know if you might need a ride in my horseless-auto-carriage-mobile.

martyg

Re: The Benheck.com Experience at Midwest Gaming Classic 2009

Post by martyg » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:16 pm

Just in an addition - I was recently graciously contacted by a member of this group interested in showing off Amigas, which I've decided to put by the ECCC guys.

If anyone else that's coming has any vintage computer equipment they'd like to bring and display, feel free to contact me directly. Any material is always appreciated, and means less that I have to haul and more that I can concentrate on for quality displays. Likewise, I'd much rather have someone that specializes in a computer show it off.

All the collectible displays, pre-nes console stuff, and vintage computers in the museum are mine (and so is that big U-Haul that's usually parked by the front door). Luckily the ECCC guys have come the last two years to take the 8-bit Commodore stuff off my hands, I also have someone taking over the TI99/4a display as well this year.

The main qualification is that a) You enjoy showing off the computer and its capabilities, and b) You have stuff to run on it that does that (games, demos, etc.) Contact me if you're interested or want any more info.
Marty
Midwest Gaming Classic
Co-Organizer, Museum Curator
http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com

ClassicGaming.Com

Atari Gaming Headquarters
http://www.atarihq.com

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Re: The Benheck.com Experience at Midwest Gaming Classic 2009

Post by Triton » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Just in an addition - I was recently graciously contacted by a member of this group interested in showing off Amigas, which I've decided to put by the ECCC guys.
ONE GUESS as to who that might be :wink:

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Re: MGC 2009 [Now Taking Reservations, BH Suite List Added]

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:11 pm

I could use one Gabe! I live in Fort Wayne ( about 3 hours away I think, but I can get a decent distance out there). So if there's anything you'd want from me just ask if I can go!

SpongeBuell

Re: MGC 2009 [Now Taking Reservations, BH Suite List Added]

Post by SpongeBuell » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:50 am

To those planning on being in the MGC suite this year,

First and foremost, I should clarify: I am NOT canceling the plans for this year as of this moment. However, I am expecting to get a job offer sometime this month, once the position opens up. 95% sure that this will happen. The things is, I have no idea what my schedule would be like if I did get this job, or if I could get time off for MGC. Therefore, I cannot guarantee my availability to "host" the benheck suite(s) like I normally do. Because of this, I'm looking for someone to be a backup host this year, in case I cannot make it. I'll give you all information I have (guest list, hotel information, etc) and will help as much as I can if it does come to that. All that should really be needed is to check in and collect money from everyone. For those that I was going to give a ride to, I'm not entirely sure that I'll be able to afterall. I'd look at backups, just in case.

Again, I'm going to do everything I possibly can to make it. However, if I find out at the last minute that I can't go, I'd much rather have someone in place ahead of time, rather than scramble to find somebody. Any questions, feel free to ask.

EDIT: Triton is onboard if needed, thanks!
Life of Brian wrote:

Rare
Yellow
Weasel