"When you grow up?"

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

RockNRoll!

Post by RockNRoll! » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:26 pm

I'd like to live in a van down by the river. That would be pretty great, but I'll probably end up just getting a job and making money and stuff.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:29 pm

I will probably go to technical school and become an electrician, but I am only 15 so I may change my mind.
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

Arrow-->

Post by Arrow--> » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:31 pm

i'm 15 and don't have a clue
the easy life of the lazy

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:32 pm

RockNRoll! wrote:I'd like to live in a van down by the river. That would be pretty great, but I'll probably end up just getting a job and making money and stuff.
You know you can have both...

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Kyo wrote:bacteria, what do you work as?
Police staff - process and look after people under arrest in Police custody in accordance with the Law. Responsible job.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:39 pm

Computer/Game Programmer; I've already made a decent cut programming all sorts of crap, I have a pretty good portfolio built up.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:09 pm

Probably some sort of engineer. I'm kinda leaning towards mechanical.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:12 pm

When i grow up i want to have fun and be happy, which doesnt necessarily mean earning lots of money (to me anyway, each to their own and that)

Ive never had a clue what i wanted to do with my life until relativly recently.
Im in my first year of uni doing a BA in politics, but that has nothing to do with my life's ambitions (i just enjoy it, and at the end of the day a degree is a degree).

I want to be musician and sound engineer, or anything to do with music really. I already work part time as a sound and lighting tech already, and ive got my own recording equipment and use it regularly. Im just trying to build up a decent CV so by the time i finish uni i'll be able to find a decent PA or studio job hopefully.

and if not, hopefully i'll have a degree so i can always go out and get a "real job" if it falls on its arse :lol: But id do all thats in power to prevent that happening.

RockNRoll! wrote:I'd like to live in a van down by the river. That would be pretty great, but I'll probably end up just getting a job and making money and stuff.
It's easily done, i know a fair few guys who live in vans. One guy i know had a double bed and laminated flooring in the back of an old transit :lol: was proper nice in there. He just drifts around the country meeting people have having fun.

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:13 pm

Jimmyg1995 wrote:Im 13 so i got a while. PRO CORNERBACK BABY (FOOTBALL [AMERICAN STYLE] for those who don't know about amercan football)! OR A SHOOTIN GAURD (BASKETBALL [ AMERICAN STYLE]) Or a video game designer.
:roll: typical. (btw, there are no other styles of basketball, they are all the same)

Computer/Game Programmer; I've already made a decent cut programming all sorts of crap, I have a pretty good portfolio built up.
What languages do you know? I'm guessing C/++?

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:29 pm

ghosstt wrote:
I remember posting a list here a couple times before; but I've learned a few since then.

C, C++, C#, Obj-C, Win32 ASM, ARM ASM, Java/script, PERL, PHP, some Python, and VB/.NET. I can get by in a few other languages (Ruby, learning D on and off), but I generally stick to C/++ for anything related to gaming, ASM for any hardware, and Obj-C for iPhone development.

Metallica Man X
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by Metallica Man X » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:58 pm

I don't really think I've grown up yet :D

But, as of current I'm a Graphic Artist.
The answer to 1984 is 1776!
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

Kazaryster

Post by Kazaryster » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:21 pm

i want to be a vehicle engineer probably focus on vehicle dynamics.
i just think it would be cool to say ohh i worked on that traction system in the car that your moms driving

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Skyone wrote:
ghosstt wrote:
I remember posting a list here a couple times before; but I've learned a few since then.

C, C++, C#, Obj-C, Win32 ASM, ARM ASM, Java/script, PERL, PHP, some Python, and VB/.NET. I can get by in a few other languages (Ruby, learning D on and off), but I generally stick to C/++ for anything related to gaming, ASM for any hardware, and Obj-C for iPhone development.
How did you learn C/++? Self taught? I can code some .net (basic stuff, but pretty good IMO), and I want to learn C/++. Could you post some tutorials you used or something? Resources?

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:49 pm

ghosstt wrote:How did you learn C/++?
Buy Sam's Teach Yourself C in 21 Days. It's pretty good.

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:22 pm

ghosstt wrote:How did you learn C/++? Self taught? I can code some .net (basic stuff, but pretty good IMO), and I want to learn C/++. Could you post some tutorials you used or something? Resources?
I wish I could reference you to some sort of book or tutorial, but I'm self-taught.