Home theatre setup! (56k = epic fail)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199
Home theatre setup! (56k = epic fail)

Post by Triton » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:32 pm

As some of you may know a few years ago i bought 2 sony VPH-1272Q CRT projectors at my local college auction for an outrageously low amount of money, and i had one set up for my graduation party to decent effect. now finally ive got it set up AGAIN and somewhat properly this time! its still only semi permanent till i can work out a way to mount the projector and still have some adjustability (the thing weighs over 140lbs) but i have the focus and everything dialed in better than its ever been so just check out the results!
those three are of actual video, the next ones are still images
Image and up close
if anyone else has a home theatre or projector please post up pics or info of your installs!

keep in mind that these were shot with a camera (cybershot H7 to be exact) so the actual picture is even better, also most of em are off axis shots because im lazy and didnt want to get up from my chair :lol:

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Well I don't have any pictures as of right now, but maybe I'll take some eventually... But here's the specs!

Sanyo PLV-Z4 (720p/1080i)
118" screen
Denon 3805 (supports up to 10 channels)
7.1 surround sound:
Center channel is Klipsch, something from the mid 80's
Front left and right are Klipsch Fortes
Surround left and right are RS-10s
Surround back left and right are Klipsch Fortes as well
The Subwoofer is an RSW-15 (2400 watts that will kick your ass, literally :P)
Hooked up to all this I've got a PS3, Wii, Denon Upscaling DVD player, Apple TV, and an N64 :P

It obviously kicks ass in the audio department, especially the dual 15 inch subwoofer :D . Obviously the resolution could be better if it were 1080p, but at the time when my dad and I installed everything, 1080p projectors were still $10,000. I think you can see why we opted for affordable.

Total cost (of the components, not the consoles and such) was around $5000. A lot of money was saved going with older speakers and buying most of the other components through DirectBuy.
 My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!

hailrazer
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by hailrazer » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:23 pm

My setup :

Mitsubishi HC5000 1080p projector
Da-Lite HP 180" diagonal screen.
Klipsche floor speakers , left/right front/side/rear/center speakers
2 - Klipsche 12" 500 watt subs.
Yamaha 1000 watt 7.1 receiver
Sony PS3
Xbox 360 with Hd-Dvd
Dish Network HD Vip-622

My theater :

And some pics of the projection :

It's really nice for SuperBowl parties :)
My Portable Systems:
-----Genimini---------Darth64---------Dreamtrooper--------Ncube---------Kamikazi64---N64Boy Advance

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:35 pm

that's insane!
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:30 pm

meh, I couldn't care less if my sound was coming from the best speakers in the world or from the built in ones on a cheap tv. Don't really care about the picture quality either. Right now I have a 1973 piece of crap that has no remote.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

thehackerinside

Post by thehackerinside » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:41 pm

Sweet! 8) My college is closing soon (new college being built now), I'm just hoping that they might be selling stuff off. I WANT A PROJECTOR!

But we've heard that the college is donating everything to charities!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:46 pm

lol my setup is so ghetto in compairison to those two! its just temporary right now, im eventually going to get a proper projector screen instead of a twin bed sheet for example, and hopefully either a pioneer or carver (or dream of dreams a sunfire grand theatre!) receiver to run my advent speakers currently 2 advent heritage in the front and mini or baby advents for satellites in the future

seating consists of one semicircle chair, one glider rocker and one easy chair. when i get the projector mounted properly there will be a couch as well!

current surround setup is the most ghetto thing ive ever contrived:

sound blaster audigy SE connected to
one sony receiver powering the front advent heritage speakers
one sansui powering the rear optimus speakers
optimus powered 12" subwoofer
peavy guitar amp as front center channel :lol:

i am too damn broke to afford upgrades at this point so i am stuck wit the mediocre HTPC as my soul high definition input unless my friends ps3 can do sync on green RGB and my projector accepts that lol.

things i plan on getting:
HDfury dvi/hdmi to vga transcoder with gammaX addon
a proper projector screen
advent mini or advent baby satellite speakers
a proper dolby DTS enabled receiver

madc0w
Location:In the ghetto of Larchmont! A HALF-A-MIL HOUSE IS GANGSER!

Post by madc0w » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:14 pm

My friend has a sick AV setup in his basement. Tons of speakers we've scrounged from around town. We have a platform setup with a couch on it for stadium seating, and this weekend we're putting a second layer of stadium seating. We also have a projector he bought (really the only thing hes bought) and a nice projector screen he got from his uncle. We have also made our own crazy accents, like a bar with a built in computer, a quad screen computer with one screen hanging from the ceiling and translucent chairs with fog machines and strobe lights built in. I'll try to get some pics when we finish the stadium seating saturday.
(Also, hes not super rich, all the stuff we have dumpster dived or got from people)
Kayleigh57020 wrote: "button" is insanity.
Scientology
Dangerous Cult