Special treat for forum members - see Possumus Woman early!

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:09 pm

I just finished watching it and I must admit I liked it quite a bit. It wasn't as good as PW in my opinion (which is actually one of my favorite movies), but it was very entertaining. I really liked the references to the original Possumus Man. It was kind of neat seeing actors I remembered from the Adventurous as well.

Good job, Ben. :)
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:03 am

Thanks for all your feedback! I am especially interested in knowing the following: (I always ask them when people see my movies)

Favorite part?
Least favorite part?
Funniest part?
Did the plot make sense/were you confused by anything?

Thanks!

-Ben

ian2120

Post by ian2120 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:44 am

fav- when sal stormed into the room, opened the door and shouted, "ARSE HOLES!", and the epic, "DRIVE!"
least fav- the possumus woman transformation: the most pathetic sequence since the UFO in Indiana Jones, if not worse.
-and sal's acting in the lost and found building at the beginning was horrible, he was on the brink of hysterical.
Funniest- The kittens on the table, and the possum eating the older cat later on :twisted:

Nah, the funny parts are my favs

It pretty much made sense to me!
4 stars considering everything

Hey Jones, will there be a fistful of reviews for Possumus Woman?
We Didn't Start The Fire! Watch!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pjoRZNzC0
Andrew wrote:{I was so happy} I was singing in my head!
me wrote:What song?
Andrew wrote:All of them

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:50 am

ian2120 wrote:Funniest- The kittens on the table, and the possum eating the older cat later on :twisted:

Hey Jones, will there be a fistful of reviews for Possumus Woman?
I've gotta ask... What' so funny about the kittens on the table? I'm genuinely curious. :)

And no, there probably won't be a review on Fistful for this one. One of those "conflict of interest" deals I suppose since Dale and I are both in it. Same reason there's no Port Washington review. Sad but true... LOL

Oh, and if anybody is interested here are my picks...

Favorite part? This has got to be the battle in the ops. center between Jamie and the possum. So much great stuff here... Jamie basking in the aroma of grilled Spam with a touch of tequila... Some Indiana Jones-esque moments in the fight... Plus, it has some sentimental value since it was my first ever fight scene in a movie (I was in the possum suit).

Least favorite part? The part with the worthless groundskeeper guy when he's walking down to the dock after Sal chewed him out. It just bothers me a lot for some reason. At least I got Ben to edit it down a bit anyway. LOL

Funniest part? There are a few for me. The part where Jamie basks in the spam/tequila concoction on the grill. When Sal responds "The whole country?!?" after being told he won't be able to own another resort. Lastly, the part in the possum trap sequence where Jamie and Grady try to launch the possum into space with a bottle rocket. It is SO STUPID that it kills me every time. :)

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:04 am

Can't wait to watch this, sounds interesting. Not seen the first one though lol

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:26 pm

Those accents made me not like it , they got on my nerves really well.

underclocked

Post by underclocked » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:22 pm

Did anyone else have problems hearing what the two guys in the beginning were saying? I could barely hear them over the music that was playing.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:26 pm

underclocked wrote:Did anyone else have problems hearing what the two guys in the beginning were saying? I could barely hear them over the music that was playing.
I noticed that when playing it on my PC, but when playing it on TV via an Xbox 360, it was fine. :?
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:29 pm

jones wrote:Lastly, the part in the possum trap sequence where Jamie and Grady try to launch the possum into space with a bottle rocket. It is SO STUPID that it kills me every time. :)
THAT's what they were trying to do? I thought they were trying to blow it up with the fireworks or something, lol.

There were a lot of parts I liked and laughed at.

I think my least favorite though is when you can see Jones' boot as he's in the possum suit trying to step on Ben's hand while he's hanging onto the pickup.

I know, it's nit-picky, but otherwise the costume was so great that kind of blew it.

Oh and the scene where the guy's blood is squirting up and the possum drinks from it like a water fountain was hilarious.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:04 am

Hah, just watched the first part. You found a good place for the song, Ben!
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

Ness

Post by Ness » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:29 pm

I FINALLY got time to watch this and I won't lie and say that I didn't like it at all.

Favorite part: When PW finally runs away for the first time and ben (don't remember the chara's names) rolls his middle finger over the blood on the wooden spike that was on fire before. He holds it up and says "because we finally hurt her" while giving the finger.

Least favorite: Pretty much everything else...I am not gonna rip on the acting at all. Just didn't like it at all and I agree that the accents really annoyed me too.

Funniest part: See Favorite Part

I was easily able to make sense of what was going on pretty much. That was not my issue as to my take on the film. I know you put a lot of work and time into it but its cool. Also, right before PW kills the camp owner, theres a part you can see the shadow of the camera off the building for a sec. Thought it was funny :-P
Future WIP - X360L