Fallout 3 LEAKED

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

jackfb13
Fallout 3 LEAKED

Post by jackfb13 » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:10 pm

I know this is old news, but the 360 version of fallout 3 was leaked onto the internets. I was wondering if any of you have the "aquired" version of fallout 3, and what you thout about it.

I just Can't wait 'till the 28th!!

Shoot me an invite!

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:42 am

I thought piracy was a bigger problem on PCs :roll: seems whenever a game comes out the Xbox version gets leaked first and usually several days in advance.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Re: Fallout 3 LEAKED

Post by bicostp » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:03 am

jackfb13 wrote:I just Can't wait 'till the 28th!!
You mean TOMORROW? :roll: :P

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:04 am

In other news, Gears of War 2 has also been leaked.

jackfb13

Post by jackfb13 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:26 am

Gears 2 was leaked?...

quick question: when you preorder games from gamestop.com with overnight shiping you get it on the street date right?

Shoot me an invite!

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:08 pm

Time for me to hit up usenet. I've been considering modding my 360 for a while now but I need to get the right SATA Chipset.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:10 pm

Harshboy wrote:Time for me to hit up usenet. I've been considering modding my 360 for a while now but I need to get the right SATA Chipset.
I have this SATA card and it works wonders for flashing Xbox 360's.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:16 pm

We really should open up a piracy discussion somewhere. I don't see a problem with emulating games that are no longer available in brick and mortar stores or that you own/bought from the publisher, but pirating new games? Come on, how about we show some support for developers who put out quality products?

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:39 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Come on, how about we show some support for developers who put out quality products?
Because most of them put so much crap in their products it feels like buying a rental these days.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:42 pm

Most? Spore is not "most". And while they handled the situation completely unprofessionally and slapped in the face people who actually bought the game, 200,000 people downloading your game is a lot of lost sales. And come on, even if the DRM wasn't in place, were you really gonna buy it anyways? Really?

Look, if you wanna pirate crap, that's your prerogative, but don't fool yourself and try to justify it with anything, just admit what you're doing is wrong and deal with it. That way you're at least not being a hypocrite about it.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:45 pm

If Walmart still carries a game, to me thats too new to even consider pirating.
Also, http://xkcd.com/488/

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:54 am

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Most? Spore is not "most".
Spore, The Sims 2, Far Cry 2, Red Alert 3, Dead Space, Crysis Warhead
CronoTriggerfan wrote:And come on, even if the DRM wasn't in place, were you really gonna buy it anyways? Really?
No, I wasn't going to buy Spore even without DRM because it missed nearly expectation it set, and I didn't even pirate it either.

chad78

Post by chad78 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:49 am

DRM Sucks - EULAs suck - Buying software / media is cool - RENTING it sucks. If you have to "agree" to something in order to use it - then you don't own it. You are renting it.

I bought my OS, (Leopard Mac OS X 10.5). I bought, (well, actually, my work bought) Adobe CS3, iWork, iLife. I've had more problems with my legal, legit, bought-and-paid-for Adobe CS3 than I ever have from pirated software.

DRM, et al punishes people who buy (rent) software/media - not the people who pirate it. Pirates get around all the restrictions and limits. If you are renting software, you'll never be able to legally get around those restrictions.

That's why open source software is so awesome. You actually own the software. If you haven't tried it - check out OpenOffice.org 3.0.

It makes me laugh that some DVDs/BluRays are promoting themselves as coming with a "Digital Copy" of the media. Meaning that they will let you put it on your iPod if you want to. That's BS! If I buy a DVD, I can put it on my iPod, my PSP, my DS, my laptop, my 360, my PS3, my Zune, my netbook, my cellphone, whatever and where-ever I want. It's mine. I bought it. However, the MPAA and the RIAA don't see it that way. Which is ridiculous. They feel like they are being generous to offer me *one* digital copy of the DVD I bought and paid for (at over 10 times the cost of creation of the media).

That xkcd comic puts it perfectly - you can either buy (rent) the media, and hope you never break the contract and become a criminal - or you can just save your money, and break the contract anyway and get it in the format you want.
Member # 5935
http://www.chadwsmith.com/
I destroyed a dead SNES once to see what is inside - with a hammer - does that count as console hacking?

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:36 am

Open Office sucks compared to MS Office btw. It is down right a piece of crap software. The only redeeming quality is that is free but its so bad I went and bought MS Office.

I don't know why people are having such a beef about DRM. People complain about spore, I never had problems. People complained about about Bioshock, I never had problems.

Look at it this way. If you painted a one of a kind picture and had it up for sale for $100. Then someone comes along takes a picture and generates exact replicas and hands them out for free. Now how would you feel?

Pay for your F* software people. I hope pirates will one day get shot. Yall ruin the software and gaming industry. If you can't afford it maybe you shouldn't be spending your time playing games and should be working and being productive.

The only argument I can see for pirating is "Try before Buy". Tho this can be fixed by developers putting out Trials and the like. No one wants to buy a game and get burned.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

chad78

Post by chad78 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:30 pm

OpenOffice.org 3.0 is a vast improvement over versions in the past. I use iWork most of the time - but OOo 3.0 is faster and more stable for me on both Mac OS X and Windows XP than the latest version of MS Office is.

I know if you say OOo is crap that you haven't looked at or tried 3.0. If you don't want to download and install it, (which, if that's too much work for you, I feel bad for you), then you can even try it online for free. Now, it's going to be slower in your browser than it would be on your desktop, but there's no installation to worry about.

Well I guess if you never had problems with DRM - then there is no problem. If you never had problems with cancer - then there are no cancer problems. If you never had problems with gambling - there are no problems....

I'm glad you've never had a DRM problem. I have. I had to reinstall my legit, legal, bought-and-paid-for Adobe Creative Suite no less than 3 times because of f'd up DRM copy control garbage. And that's a real problem since I live in MO, and my office is in TN, and my boss wanted to keep the actual box in the office, despite the fact that I'm the one using the software.

I've had activation problems, update problems, crashing problems - all from legal, legit, bought-and-paid-for software. Pirated software just works. You may or may not be able to update it, but you can always get the latest patched version online somewhere. At least it doesn't randomly decide that you've got the software installed in too many places, even if you've only got it installed in one place. Like Adobe did with me.

The problem is that companies assume users are pirates, whether they are or not. They assume that if you've reinstalled software on more than one computer - you are a pirate. You are selling our software and keeping it for yourself. Or you are giving it away. They never assume that you just bought a new computer. And god help you if you forget to delete it off your old computer if you do. That is assuming you are even able to activate your same serial number on the new computer in the first place.

Why pay $500 - $3000 for the privilidge of being persecuted every time you update your hard drive or get a new computer? It's stupid.

And as for your hand painted masterpiece or whatever... They aren't selling the original work for $100 - they are renting you prints of the original - prints they have an unlimited supply of mind you - and telling you that you can only display it in a certain kind of picture frame - and if you want to put that same print up in a different room of your house - you have to rent a new print. And only 3 people can ever look at the print. If a 4th person looks at the print, then you have to rent another copy of the print, even if you just keep it displayed in the same location.....

Look, piracy isn't the best solution. I don't know what the best solution, (if I did, I'm sure I'd be rich). I'm not saying piracy is moral, or justified, or any of that. What I am saying is that DRM and other BS from the software/game/media producers is causing a hell of a lot more problems than it is fixing, and it is only punishing those people who are *trying* to do things the way the software/media companies want them to. DRM doesn't stop piracy - it encourages it.
Member # 5935
http://www.chadwsmith.com/
I destroyed a dead SNES once to see what is inside - with a hammer - does that count as console hacking?