Your Mode of Transportation

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp
Your Mode of Transportation

Post by Rekarp » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:38 am

Do yall ride a bike? Drive? Take the Bus? Train? Cab? Or rely on your Mom to take you somewhere? Also if you have pictures of your ride post them!

I use my Redline D440 29er Bicycle a my main mode of transportation. For long distances ( more then 2 miles away ) I will typically ride the city buses which are pretty good here in Austin and are free for UT students. If I have to go grocery shopping or buying stuff I drive my 99' Jeep Wrangler.

/*will post pictures when I get home. Maybe a mod would poll this thread?*/
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

Gamelver

Post by Gamelver » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:56 am

Legs to go to class

buses to go elsewhere

occasionally friends with cars will drive
Without games my life would have no meaning.
Well, I guess it would, but it would be a lot less fun!!!!!!!

thehackerinside

Post by thehackerinside » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:58 am

:lol:

Well it's better than walking!

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:15 am

Haha i'd rather walk than catch the bus

DK

Post by DK » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:53 am

Since I started Uni, I've been walking or using the bus. When I'm at home I use my van Basil, miss my van :cry:

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:10 am

Introducing the LOLVO! aka lolwagon aka my 1990 volvo 740 turbo wagon. the most pointlessly awesome car in SE iowa :lol:

and here is a video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H635w0JBLv8

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:22 am

1999 Mercury Sable. New transmission in it so it should be good for some time.

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:09 pm

03 Chevy Cavalier LS, black. Known as "Juliet", because like the Shakespeare character, she's a useless female dog.

I used to have a '93 Taurus wagon that I loved. Unfortunately, the monthly repairs got higher than the payments on a new car.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:33 pm

A '94 Pontiac Bonneville. It's sort of new (for me) so it doesn't have a name yet. But I miss my old Ford Windstar...

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:49 pm

03 Chevy Cavalier LS, black. Known as "Juliet", because like the Shakespeare character, she's a useless female dog.
cavaliers are made of fail and suck, they fall in to what i call the "teenage girl" class of car, their "cute" gutless and more often than not a peice of crap(see also grand am, 3rd gen eclipse, hyundai tiburon and any other jbody cars (sunfire et al). we have a 97 cav that was my sisters, its sittin in our yard with a blown motor lol

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:29 pm

Triton wrote:
cavaliers are made of fail and suck, they fall in to what i call the "teenage girl" class of car, their "cute" gutless and more often than not a peice of crap(see also grand am, 3rd gen eclipse, hyundai tiburon and any other jbody cars (sunfire et al). we have a 97 cav that was my sisters, its sittin in our yard with a blown motor lol
lol the teenage girl metaphor :lol: I've never heard that one before :lol:
My family drives me everywhere, but I take driver's ed this summer :D
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:32 pm

I walk to school, and anywhere within walking distance. Further than that, I'll borrow my dad's '94 Buick Lesabre (or my mom's '03 Saturn VUE, but I hate that thing) or leech rides off friends.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Triton wrote:

:|

Yes, I am aware of all of this. Unfortunately, it was the only car on the lot in my price range still sporting a warranty. It was a very hard move going from a beater wagon held together by duct tape and bumper stickers to a vaccuum-formed turd. At least my sister's Cavy is old enough to still be made out of metal.

I kind of doubt I'll ever go for a sedan again. I can't fit anything in it. Not too keen on Cruisers, but man, someone can fit a cello, a contrabass, a harpsichord, and a passenger in one of those suckers. I can't even have a cello and passenger.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 pm

I usually drive unless its within my neighborhood (about a quarter mile in each direction), in which case I'll walk unless I have to take something large.
The vehicle I drive the most is my parents' 1997 Honda Civic. Its an ok car, its reliable and gas sipping (see sig, and that mileage is mainly in city), but beyond that there isn't much else to talk about. I'm still not super good at driving a manual (only been driving the Civic a lot since school started a couple months ago), so I still slightly dislike it.
I also drive my parents' 1993 Ford Explorer. Its sound system is better than the Civic's, which is my favorite part about it. It used to be my main vehicle, but my dad found that he likes driving it better than the Civic, so we switched.
Both of the vehicles are in the picture.

If/when I buy my own car, I want to get a Toyota Tercel wagon 4WD. About the gas mileage of the Civic, its offroading ability is almost the same as the Explorer's, plus they can sometimes be found for really cheap. What more could you want?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:51 pm

To university and back, my mom drives me there (2004 Ford Focus Wagon), and my dad drives me back (1994 Mercury Villager, on its last year no doubt.)

On weekends/test/beer runs/social occasions, I usually drive myself, in the Wagon.
Hey, sup?