Airsoft Anyone? :D

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Airsoft Anyone? :D

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:55 am

Hey guys. Are any of you into airsoft? (I dont mean Airguns. I mean guns that shoot the 6mm or 8mm BB. Not the .177 Cal Copper BB).

First let me get this straight to you guys. Airsoft is different than clearsoft.

Airsoft guns are highly durable, made out of metal (sometimes plastic, but have metal gears inside), and are over $100.

Clearsoft is crap. Clearsoft are the guns you buy at walmart for like, $20-$130 and have no metal parts, and have no Picatinny or RIS rail system, and have plastic (ew) gears inside.

Don't get me wrong here, clearsoft is "alright". Its not something you would bring to a skirmish, or tourny meet. Due to it being clear (you'll get made fun of, unless you paint it), and due to the low FPS count. But, its good for some backyard fun.

Clearsoft guns run at about: 100-160 feet per second, meaning that the guns arent that strong.

Airsoft guns, run at 200-420 feet per second. They hurt a lot more.

With that said,

I changed my mind and have decided to purchase a Kraken Ak47 Airsoft gun. There are a TON of upgrade mods for it, and its clocked at 370 fps.
Yay!

For a side arm, I use a Stinger P32 which is based after a Colt 1911 Custom. Its a spring pistol.

Once, I get my gun I'll post a picture of me with it while I'm wearing official canadian army CADPAT camo, and tactical vest.

Are any of you into airsoft? If so, what guns do you have?

New to airsoft? I recommend a "cheap" gun, that is highly durable and will last for years. Its called a "Kraken" and its made by Aftermath (good company). Its around $150 and based off of a Ak47. Its full size and has TONS of modifications that can make it the most feared gun.
Last edited by HotDog-Cart on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 am

Is the point of having stronger guns is to hurt people more? :lol:

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:01 am

Actually, more FPS = faster BB. And more strength, and more power which means the BB will travel further. Also means more accuracy.

Therefor, you dont have to be so close to someone to shoot them. Also, the person will know that they are hit, and will exit the playing field if its a 1 hit rule. You'll also have more accuracy and more force in your BB impacts. Everyone on a field has guns that operate from: 200-420 FPS. Lower FPS is a sign of a cheap gun, or a gun malfunction.

totokan

Post by totokan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:41 pm

Meh. Airsoft and Paintball are both huge timesinks without big payoff in terms of fun. Give me Lazer Tag any day :D
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.

Valium

Post by Valium » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Paintball > Airsoft.

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:19 pm

Valium wrote:Paintball > Airsoft.
QFT, although paintballs are A LOT more expesive

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:45 pm

Airsoft>Paintball
You can get shot, and still be able to play
Also, cheaper, and can play without masks or special clothing
And I got my first Airsoft gun today.
Way better the Paintball

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:17 pm

real BB ftw, sure you cant shoot people with it but they are way cooler :D my gun is an MP661K Drozd bumblebee. single shot, 3 or 6 round burst. .177 cal steel, co2 powered with 30 round clip, the new blackbird drozd has a bigger magazine and can take paintball co2 tanks without modification! mine has been dyed midnight blue and it will put dents in duct sheetmetal from like 30 foot away

Valium

Post by Valium » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:08 pm

SonyPortableizer wrote:Airsoft>Paintball
You can get shot, and still be able to play
Also, cheaper, and can play without masks or special clothing
And I got my first Airsoft gun today.
Way better the Paintball
If you can't keep playing after getting shot by a paintball, you should probably be on life support.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:30 pm

No, where I live, the Airsoft fields have it where you get shot, your out
Just like a real war
But their airsoft rings are the opposite because pellits dont stick

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:51 am

Nice triton.

weaponepsilon

Post by weaponepsilon » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:49 am

Last I checked you want to have a facemask for airsoft.

I am in the process of opening up an indoor paintball place here in MN. My business partner suggested that we have a dedicated night for Airsoft skirmishes. Anyone think that this could be a profitable idea?
http://www.xboxlc.com/profile/weapon_epsilon
Trade thread!
http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24425" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Currently owned: (In response to Tibia)

52 platforms; 67 individual systems; 919 singular games (0 doubles!); 2 arcade cabs

bioniclebert

Post by bioniclebert » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:49 pm

Basically, Airsoft is awesome. We get all them painters yelling at how leet their sport is all the time, and I honestly don't care. More realism, lower cost, and all around just more fun. Plus, since you're playing with other players in the honor system, you can leave the cheaters to play paint with each other while the friends play airsoft for fun and enjoyment, fairly. When you stop playing for competition and start playing for some fun (with a little bit of sport here and there) the experience becomes more enjoyable of the hobby that it is.

I didn't read any of your posts. I've become far too lazy nowadays. Basically if anyone above me said airsoft owns they know what they're talking about. People who say it doesn't hurt obviously have never played with a real airsoft gun or wear too much clothing as to avoid the sting.
Take 20 rounds a second from something like a KWA and you'll have a really hard time forgetting what it felt like. Let alone just taking one 350 fps shot to the finger or another sensitive spot that those bb's always seem to find.
-Bert.
Making XNA Games in C#.

SonyPortableizer
Portablizer

Post by SonyPortableizer » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Plus you can play without spending 10-15 minutes getting gear, my friends and I play in the same stuff we Play BBall in
-That includes no masks...

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:54 pm

-That includes no masks...
...till you get shot in the face, then you'll know better