Anyone ever overdosed on caffeine?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:16 pm

I don't care what someone does to their own body. They can smake whatever they want, drink whatever they want, etc. Its when their choices start affecting others that I have a problem. This includes second-hand smoke, drunk driving, and neglecting children because their too wasted to even pick their nose.
In my opinion, if someone kills someone while under the influence of some substance, it is first degree murder (planned/intentional). They intentionally took the substance, so they need to be responsible for their actions while under its influence.
So do what you want, just don't do anything that could harm someone else.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:26 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Let's assume drugs are for the weak. Are you saying we shouldn't help those who resort to drugs in the first place as a crutch of any kind (social crutches and casual relaxation crutches included)? Are you so blind to the fact that people who use drugs either have it under control or need help? You're like the JT of drugs, man.

"You're a bad person, you use drugs."

How about following that up with "Let me help you"

Pointing the finger doesn't do anything positive for anyone but yourself, because apparently you get some sort of satisfaction out of stating they they are bad.

And you act so high and righteous. You're what, CTF, 16? 17? You've experienced very little of what the world has to offer to be acting in the one-sided manner you are.

Nothing against you personally, just my 2 cents!

:D
I could give you an extremely long spiel about moral absolutism, why I believe the things I do, cultural denigration, and some extremely personal stories on the matter, and top it all off by letting you all know that prison is the best kind of rehab. But not what this forum's for, now is it? :P

There's only one place this thread can go, and that's downhill. So locked.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:01 am

letting you all know that prison is the best kind of rehab
lolwut, crap of the highest sort. saying prison is rehabilitating is like saying that Head-On (apply directly to the forehead) is the greatest thing medical science has produced (its 99.7% or greater wax) have you watched ANY of the shows on TV about prison? in a lot of more populous prisons its easier to get drugs on the inside than out! a lot of gangs both inside and outside the system are run buy people STILL in prison, their cesspools of corruption and prove that the system is broken, that wonderful justice system you love so much :lol:
EDIT for John: Any third grader can see that the numbers of people who have died from cigarettes are far greater than those of, say, weed. But I'm arguing from a moral/theological standpoint. Hopefully you can join me on this higher plane of thought should we continue our debate. Razz In short, a response would be that I value the life of an intelligent individual who lives a shorter life due to lung cancer from cigarettes than the longevity of an ideologically weak, morally-compromised junkie.
dude...srsly :lol: the way you talk about it using any kind of "drug" automagically makes you a morally bankrup criminal and hopelessly addicted junkie LOL. dont talk to me about morals when the tobacco industries are involved HELLO MORAL BANKRUPTCY, just because cigarettes are socially acceptable DOESNT make them any less deadly, addictive and dangerous! at least the "evil" drugs you cry out against arent backed by a corrupt multi-million dollar industry!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:09 am

THREAD UNLOCKED if some mods OTHER than CTfan disagree about unlocking this feel free to lock it again. to members participating in this discussion KEEP IT CLEAN, no flaming.

To josh: please feel free to badger me over AIM about this :lol: i unlocked it because you locked it and have a STRONG bais against the topics being discussed.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:12 am

INAFTERUNLOCK! (Sorry, Can't resist.)
In my opinion, if someone kills someone while under the influence of some substance, it is first degree murder (planned/intentional). They intentionally took the substance, so they need to be responsible for their actions while under its influence.
That's why Psychoactive drugs are banned: They make you make bad decisions.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:12 am

Aguiluz wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:
Aguiluz wrote:
gamemasterAS wrote:I see no reason why it isn't legal.
Is pot affecting your brain?
I have never smoked or drank any of that kind of stuff.
Oh, Sorry! That sounded wrong.

I meant "Does pot affect your brain if you take it?" They should ban it if that's the case.
ah, I can answer this now that the thread is unlocked. Marijuana has been shown to only affect the brain while it is in the system; there have been no proven long-term effects. On the other hand, there is evidence to show that marijuana can help to reduce the size of tumors.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:14 am

Aguiluz wrote:INAFTERUNLOCK! (Sorry, Can't resist.)
That's why Psychoactive drugs are banned: They make you make bad decisions.
yes, but weed? Marijuana makes you not want to do anything, much less anything that takes as much effort as killing someone.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:20 am

Wouldn't it addict you so much that you become useless? :? A little searching and that is what I found.

EDIT: It may addict you so much that you'd go kill people just to smoke em. Fighting over drugs... You get my drift?

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:30 am

Aguiluz wrote:Wouldn't it addict you so much that you become useless? :? A little searching and that is what I found.

EDIT: It may addict you so much that you'd go kill people just to smoke em. Fighting over drugs... You get my drift?
Marijuana does not have a chemical addiction to it like other drugs do, any "addiction" to it is purely psychological. And why do you think people fight over drugs? They're expensive as crap, aren't they? People wouldn't go poor buying it if it were legal because the price would drop.

There was a time in America when alcohol was banned. You know what happened? It was smuggled in anyways (big surprise). There was a huge market for this illegal substance which lead to the rise of organized crime (the mafia). Sound familiar? It should, because that's exactly what's happening now with other drugs. Its smuggled in and controlled by organized crime (gangs). If we don't learn from our past mistakes we are doomed to repeat them.

edit: and you'll have to provide proof of potheads killing for their next fix if you're gonna use that as your argument, speculation is no good.

RockNRoll!

Post by RockNRoll! » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:45 am

I know plenty of pot heads and they're definitely not addicted or violent. I've tried it myself and know from experience that it doesn't make you stupid/reckless. Other drugs are a different story, but criminalization is still not the solution.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:10 am

They're expensive as crap, aren't they? People wouldn't go poor buying it if it were legal because the price would drop.
Not only would it be cheaper but cleaner. Hell you could grow/make your own.

Now you say that we need to learn from our past mistakes but things are different.

This is just speculation but I've heard it before and it makes sense to me.
The idea is that alcohol and tobacco companies pay to keep weed and other drugs illegal because they are competition.

I think a lot of people would rather smoke weed that drink or smoke cigarettes.

@Ctfan: come on man there was no need to lock this. So far it has been calm discussion.
I meant "Does pot affect your brain if you take it?" They should ban it if that's the case.
Alcohol affects your brain should it be banned?
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:51 am

Sorry for enjoying my friday nights.

I think we may be discussing with some people who might just hang themselves.

HBN

Post by HBN » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:47 am

project_failure wrote:
Alcohol affects your brain should it be banned?
Score! Two points for Project!

How about this. Smoking cigarettes kills more than weed. Drinking kills more than weed. Driving to work/friends house/family get-together kills more than weed. Not that shocking. But, if memory serves, if you calculated all the wars that the US has started/been in/finished. And calculated how many years the US has been at war, in total. And did the same thing for weed. Weed has been here more than ten times longer than the US has been around, and has STILL killed less people than war.

So... In truth... You could say that Life kills more people than weed.

Here another thing. Where alcohol inhibits your ability, weed enhances it. You can safely DUTI of weed. And if you get in a fight (Usually started by the other guy because weed calms you down. Mellow.), you have a better possibility of winning that fight because in a percentage of people, time slows down. That scene in the first Spiderman movie when Parker dodged the incoming fist? Completely possible. You wont want to fight, granted. But you still have survival instinct, so you will.

So. We need a solution: Ban cigarettes and cigars, and alcohol. And unban weed. Cuz, TBH, there is nothing safer out there. There is a "pastime activity" of men that takes up a fair amount of their lives (Statistically...) that is more dangerous!
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:55 am

I accept defeat.

:lol:

Anyway, why did they ban it in the first place?

totokan

Post by totokan » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:57 am

Two simple words: "Gateway Drug"
Start off small, end up waay out in drugland. Although, one could construe an argument around other legal substances, no one ever said we had to be consistent with our laws.
Shhh! I'm not officially back yet.