Forum Game: By my age...

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HBN
Forum Game: By my age...

Post by HBN » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:23 pm

A "game" I thought up...

Basically, you list the thing you thought you'd be done with by your current age. It's a great way to learn a bit more than you normally would from a person in regular conversation. Just curious if it'll pick up interest.

Begin!

By my age, I would have thought I'd be done with people pretending they know me. I would have thought I would be over the pain caused by the suicide of a very dear friend of mine nearly 6 years ago. I would have thought I would be done with dealing with immature people who are older than I am. I would have thought that by now people would realize that I wont change, no matter how much you hate me for who I am. I would have thought that playing with Legos would have gotten old, however, I can't call it playing anymore...its engineering. I would have thought that less people would hate me for no reason, in fact, more hate me now for that reason than ever before. I would think, by my age, that people would maybe understand that me and "God" don't have a relationship beyond the words "I hate you." said by both. By now, people would actually try to learn who I am, I would think. And finally, I would have thought in my life, that I would have become more successful in a sense only I know, and nobody else would understand.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 pm

In before locked. :roll:

You were doing ok until the angst. You'll get over it in college.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

HBN

Post by HBN » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 pm

timmeh87 wrote:In before locked. :roll:

You were doing ok until the angst. You'll get over it in college.
I'm post-college...Not so much.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:34 pm

actually, i'm pretty content right where i am. i live in a great place. i have great friends. i have an awesome hobby. i have a great job.

what is there really to complain about? or to wish i had accomplished by now?
Last edited by lovablechevy on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:45 pm

I thought I'd be more afraid of the world. More afraid of doing things I'm afraid of doing. I thought I would have much less self-esteem than I have now. I thought I'd never have dreamed of accomplishing what I dream of now. Money is my only constraint, but what a constraint it is.

I also thought I'd have an older mustang.

(Yes, I'm back, kind of. University starts tomorrow, so who knows what will happen from there)

Keep it NON-EMO PEOPLE!

Don't think of what you thought you would have done, think of what you thought you would or wouldn't be.
Hey, sup?

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:49 pm

I thought I'd have kids by now.

Lucky I was dead wrong! :lol:
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:43 pm

I've never really had too many expectations...

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:18 pm

I thought Iwould never learn how to drive manual transmission (but now i can ). I thought I wouldhave more mature friends. I thought I would have a girlfriend.

well, that's pretty much it. I never really considered what I would be like in the future
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:25 pm

grossaffe wrote:I've never really had too many expectations...
you remind me of myself, I take my motto off of dogeball,"I found that if you have a goal, you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed."-Peter la fleur
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:11 am

By this age ive pretty much acheieved everything i ever hoped for and more

however you could also say my perceptions and goals have altered a little over the last few years :lol:

two years ago i saw myself going off to my first choice university to study physics as a degree

And today i failed a lot of my courses, missed out of both my first and second choice uni's but now im still going away but to do politics at my hometwon uni, which is what i want to do and im happy with it.

Plus in the space of three years ive gone from a quiet little nerd with few friends to knowing hundreds of people, going out and partying, discovering life, having an awesome time and playing in a band to packed venues. So yeah id say im happy right now :lol:

DK

Post by DK » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:13 am

I never plan ahead so I didn't know what to expect by now :lol:

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:47 am

I never saw myself so happy and optimistic. Never saw myself with such a good relationship, either! (9 months now, woo)

chad78

Post by chad78 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:47 am

I thought I'd be married with kids by now... Close, so close... (would elaborate, but people said non-emo.)

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Skyone wrote:I never saw myself so happy and optimistic. Never saw myself with such a good relationship, either! (9 months now, woo)
I'd never imagine myself so cynical and realist. :P I also never imagined that I'd abandon hope of doing something in the gaming industry and find my true calling so quickly.

I also never thought I'd be at these forums for more than a few days... :lol: