I'm back...-ish

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HBN
I'm back...-ish

Post by HBN » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:49 pm

*sniffs the air*...Ahh, filled with the semi-acidic smell of solder as always. Good.

Well, glad everything is as it should be. Sorry I missed out on some stuff. And sorry for being silent, even when I was active.

You might be asking yourself "Why are you talking? You wanted to finish you project on that post-mark!". Well. Old dreams, old ideas. None of it has worked out and I'm sick of keeping my mouth shut.

In other words; I'm bored as hell, and I want to talk again. I want to comment to ideas, projects, and assorted bullcrap that shows up here.

So...Where to start...

Oh. I'm engaged now. Yep. And let me tell you, I'm one lucky, and one seriously happy muthah screwah. You may refer to her as "Fishy" as that is her nickname.

Recently, rather than working on projects, I spend time with her, or working the scrap metal business for spare coin (So me and Fishy can start our own business). That being said, I still have my projects. So far I have:

HBN64 (On hold til I can afford a screen, and can devote some time to it)
MSN64Controller (On hold til I can afford a case, and can devote some time to it)
And a few pipe-dreams that I won't go into right now other than reveling one project I've been thinking about a lot: "Project: InStap" Or "Project Instant Portable". Basically its just a unit that would plug universally into any system that had AV and give you a portable screen (That ran off of two 7.2v, high amperage packs), and a 12vdc-120vac converter that would plug into a cars' lighter socket to give you the power to run any system. Not totally portable, but at least some-what. Questions, comments, tips are always welcome, and highly requested. However, I really don't want to hear about how "Stupid" my idea is. "Do unto others...", ya know? I'm just requesting that you be nice.

I'll be more active than I have been, but not as active as I was. At least thats how I think it'll be. Who knows. I might be just as active as before.

That should cover my life as of now. I missed being here. It's good to be back.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:13 pm

You may refer to her as "Fishy" as that is her nickname.
I'm scared as to why thats her nickname.

Okay that was nasty I apologise :P but in all seriousness, I remember you vaguely, welcome back.

mothatrucka
Banned

Re: I'm back...-ish

Post by mothatrucka » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:21 pm

HBN wrote:Oh. I'm engaged now. Yep. And let me tell you, I'm one lucky, and one seriously happy muthah screwah. You may refer to her as "Fishy" as that is her nickname.
Uhm, congrats, I guess, and welcome back. Don't know why I'd want to talk about her, but whatever.

HBN wrote:And a few pipe-dreams that I won't go into right now other than reveling one project I've been thinking about a lot: "Project: InStap" Or "Project Instant Portable". Basically its just a unit that would plug universally into any system that had AV and give you a portable screen (That ran off of two 7.2v, high amperage packs), and a 12vdc-120vac converter that would plug into a cars' lighter socket to give you the power to run any system. Not totally portable, but at least some-what. Questions, comments, tips are always welcome, and highly requested. However, I really don't want to hear about how "Stupid" my idea is. "Do unto others...", ya know? I'm just requesting that you be nice.

Erm, I won't tell you your idea is stupid, however, I would like to point your attention to the Zenith screens, in particular, the one for the GC. It's been done. Maybe not universally for every console, but it's been done. The screen can power the console. Just to do the one console is 3 wires. I'd imagine a "universal" one would look like Cthulu choking on spaghetti. Good luck with that, though. You're gonna need it.
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

HBN

Post by HBN » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:24 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:

Okay that was nasty I apologise :P but in all seriousness, I remember you vaguely, welcome back.
You are not the first to say that. Thats her nickname cuz she likes fish, and swims incredibly well.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:25 pm

HBN wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:

You are not the first to say that. Thats her nickname cuz she likes fish, and swims incredibly well.
My stomach feels better now.

HBN

Post by HBN » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:26 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:
HBN wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:

My stomach feels better now.
I'm sure. Glad I could be your Pepto.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

DK

Post by DK » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:38 pm

mothatrucka wrote:
HBN wrote:Oh. I'm engaged now. Yep. And let me tell you, I'm one lucky, and one seriously happy muthah screwah. You may refer to her as "Fishy" as that is her nickname.
Uhm, congrats, I guess, and welcome back. Don't know why I'd want to talk about her, but whatever.
So we can go, congrats HBN. Hope you and Fishy have a good life. And we demand an invite to the wedding.

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:41 pm

DK wrote:So we can go, congrats HBN. Hope you and Fishy have a good life. And we demand an invite to the wedding.

Valid point. I'll pass on the wedding, though. Someone else can have my invite. I despise weddings with all my being.
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

HBN

Post by HBN » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:51 pm

DK wrote:
mothatrucka wrote:
So we can go, congrats HBN. Hope you and Fishy have a good life. And we demand an invite to the wedding.
Heheh. I'll see what I can pull off for the invites.

@mothatrucka...Why do you despise weddings?

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:00 pm

He dispises everything :P

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:04 pm

Weddings... Free food and beer... I'd go.
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

DK

Post by DK » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:11 pm

I do wedding photography sometimes. Could be a nice little money earner if I bothered charging :lol:

would go mad at weddings otherwise, would have nothing else to do.

Edit: Aww, just realised you're American and i'm British. May be a bit too far to travel :(
Last edited by DK on Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HBN

Post by HBN » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:13 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:He dispises everything :P
Certainly seems to, ey?

@Rekarp...Beer? Is that a strange animal thats a cross between a bear and a deer? Or is it that piss of a rhino thats bottled, and sold by Miller? ;).

Edit: 300th post...This was originally supposed to signify the completion of my first portable.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:53 pm

HBN wrote:@Rekarp...Beer? Is that a strange animal thats a cross between a bear and a deer? Or is it that piss of a rhino thats bottled, and sold by Miller? ;).
maybe he's referring to good beer. you know, not watered down crap. something like guiness or killians.
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Let me be the first:

You left?

:P

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;