Martial Arts

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan
Martial Arts

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:21 pm

I had a topic like this a long time ago, but after being away from combat and goofing off with other sports like tennis, I'm finally ready to head back and, as that metrosexual from the Disney channel would say, "get my head in the game". :lol: My main art is TKD (REAL TKD, not this point spar crap) and some Hapkido, but I'm really looking into adding some more soft arts into my resume (Aikido, maybe?).

So, any other martial artists hanging about?

palmertech

Post by palmertech » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:28 pm

Many years ago, I was a karate master.

I was a double stripe yellow belt! :lol:

Excellent

eurddrue
Location:I am so caught up in real life I have to be done for a while. I'll still check in but dontexpectmuch

Post by eurddrue » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:26 pm

I never made it through the second day of karate. :lol: I couldn't take it anymore.
Banned indefinitely if you desperately need to contact me STOPPHONESPAMPLOX Please dont be a dick and call for something random like "HEY YURDRUE DOO U HAZ SPAM?"
wallydawg wrote:
chainfire95 wrote:220V I believe
I think we should check to see if you can withstand 220 volts

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:13 pm

I was forced into it until orange belt, or orange stripe I forget.

gannon

Post by gannon » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:18 pm

Learned from the best

Power Rangers of course.

Aguiluz

Re: Martial Arts

Post by Aguiluz » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:09 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Hapkido
For some reason it makes me think of fart. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, shoot.. Why did I say that? :oops:

Chapel

Re: Martial Arts

Post by Chapel » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:06 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:I had a topic like this a long time ago, but after being away from combat and goofing off with other sports like tennis, I'm finally ready to head back and, as that metrosexual from the Disney channel would say, "get my head in the game". :lol: My main art is TKD (REAL TKD, not this point spar crap) and some Hapkido, but I'm really looking into adding some more soft arts into my resume (Aikido, maybe?).

So, any other martial artists hanging about?
Same arts plus boxing.
2nd Degree Black in TKD, currently teaching in NY.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:34 pm

I wish I had gotten into martial arts. I almost took a class this semester but all of the disciplines I was interested in were conflicting with my other classes.

I've considered Tae Kwon Do since I have a much stronger lower body than upper body (Ice hockey really helps keep your legs in shape). Judo would be another good choice since its focused on turning your combatant's own strength against them, and being a small person, I would think that would help to even the odds. Brazilian Jujisu(sp) was another option since I think I remember it being meant for smaller people. I think that one focuses on joint-locks and stuff.

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:51 pm

grossaffe wrote:I wish I had gotten into martial arts. I almost took a class this semester but all of the disciplines I was interested in were conflicting with my other classes.

I've considered Tae Kwon Do since I have a much stronger lower body than upper body (Ice hockey really helps keep your legs in shape). Judo would be another good choice since its focused on turning your combatant's own strength against them, and being a small person, I would think that would help to even the odds. Brazilian Jujisu(sp) was another option since I think I remember it being meant for smaller people. I think that one focuses on joint-locks and stuff.
BJJ is all ground work and wrestling and, in general, fares very well in the MMA scene. The only reason I haven't gotten into it is that it is expensive.

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:51 pm

I film martial arts...

Password is "Let's Fight!"

But myself... white belt.

I'm not saying I've never done it, I'm saying I went once, and they gave me the white belt. I sort of wish I continued though, it would make shooting this damn movie so much easier!!
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:09 pm

gannon wrote:Learned from the best

Power Rangers of course.
Hah, I learned from the real master, the guy who spends 3 episodes screaming: GOKU!!!!!!

:lol:

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:40 pm

Chapel wrote:
grossaffe wrote:I wish I had gotten into martial arts. I almost took a class this semester but all of the disciplines I was interested in were conflicting with my other classes.

BJJ is all ground work and wrestling and, in general, fares very well in the MMA scene. The only reason I haven't gotten into it is that it is expensive.
sounds like the one I was thinking of. Maybe if I ever get a free hour in my schedule I'll sign up for a class of one of those.

themadhacker

Post by themadhacker » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:17 am

ShockSlayer wrote:

Power Rangers of course.
Hah, I learned from the real master, the guy who spends 3 episodes screaming: GOKU!!!!!!

:lol:
I learned from the ninja turtles
rest in peace, Ronnie James Dio! \m/

xtrmgam3r360

Post by xtrmgam3r360 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:58 pm

Power Rangers of course.
oh, yeah!
I myself used to do TKD for 2 1/2 years then got out of it but i wish i didn't :( Im thinking about starting again though.

Dark-Aries

Post by Dark-Aries » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Brown Belt, Goju Ryu Karate, doing it since grade 5, I'm going into grade 11...6 years? I also skipped some stripes (you need 4 stripes to be able to grade for your next belt, atleast in the kids classes), no I'm in the adult classes and a lot of stuff is new so it'll take awhile before I go for my BB.