The best Zelda

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:57 pm

eurddrue wrote:what about ssbm? defiately the best game for the 'cube
Smash bros is "defiately" the best multiplayer game for the 'cube. :D
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

lovablechevy
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by lovablechevy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:17 pm

link to the past and ocarina of time are tied for me. they are just both so awesome!
they call me the Queen of Bondo, though maybe i should be called the Queen of Epoxy Putty

current project - code name: blue mushroom!

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:22 pm

Handheld: Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Console: Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:27 pm

Handheld: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Console: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Rekarp
Portablizer Extraordinaire
PSN Username:Lnghrn_
Steam ID:rekarp

Post by Rekarp » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:13 am

OOT Master Quest
The wood master

"I was under the impression Mac owners don't actually USE their machines, they just parade them around trying to evangelize the masses."

dave911

Post by dave911 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:17 am

Ocarina of time for sure, like one of those games you can play it over and over like final fantasy 7 and still love it

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:41 am

screw it, I'm just gonna make a list. no need to only give props to one game:

1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3. A Link to the Past
4. The Legend of Zelda

haven't played fully through:
Majora's Mask
Oracle of seasons/ages

Haven't played at all:
Wind Waker
Zelda 2
CDI craptards
Link's Awakening

I tried playing Majora's Mask on two different occasions. On the first one it was on my friend's N64. for whatever reason, whenever I got health of any sort... I died. yes, health killed me. Eventually I made my way to a fairy fountain that was a part of the story and got caught in an endless loop of healthily dying. the other one was on an emulator but when I got to a certain point the game would freeze. I think it was in the skultula house or whatever. I think I could continue on to the water temple but never did for some reason.

as for the ones I haven't played, Zelda 2 will be on its way to my house at some point, I plan on purchasing Wind Waker from a gamestop or something in the near future, and I may play Link's Awakening if I can get it to emulate properly in my MP3 player (I tried the oracle games but they froze the emulator on start up :()

Oh, and while we're on the topic of Zelda, has anyone else played OoT on an emulator using TP controls? It actually works pretty nicely where swinging the controller actually swings the sword. Look into a program called GlovePIE to do that (windows only).

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:04 am

my favorite of all time has to be Four Swords

ive never been a fan of the zelda kind of game, but i loved playing Four Swords with my friends. Was such a laugh.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:13 am

Zelda's Adventure..

okay i'm just kidding. LTTP

Whats this Classic Zelda with LTTP tileset.

ian2120

Post by ian2120 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:11 am

Hell, for me, I only got into Zelda 3 years ago (and I didn't know how honored I was; my first GameCube came with the elusive demodisk!), with the frist one I ever completed being Wind Waker. I had tried to play through some of OoT and Majora, but never really got into it until then. But, I never really got into it when the Wii came out w/ TwPr. Then, I got Ocarina of Time off VC and playing on and off, got to the shadow temple. But, my Wii's graphics card fried, and was exchanged with a replacement, so I lost all my saves, however they were gracious enough to let me have my VC games back!

So, I still haven't finished my vote for the best/favorite Zelda game. The fact that the Fire Temple still gives me so much trouble amazes me! But I love the plot, it hardly gets boring, and revolutionized gaming and gaming music. Tough call between that and TwPr though, but you have to vote for the classic, right? :lol: Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass share the third spot for me, because they were probably the best graphics on either system (no, TwPr doesn't count on GC), and were great games that shifted from the past baseline.
We Didn't Start The Fire! Watch!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pjoRZNzC0
Andrew wrote:{I was so happy} I was singing in my head!
me wrote:What song?
Andrew wrote:All of them

Pass

Post by Pass » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:35 am

I'm sorry, but whoever says majoras mask, I may be forced to roundhouse kick you in the throat. Ocarina of time for me. By far. I guess you could say the concept of majoras mask was "revolutionary," but honestly, it just pissed me off everytime I played. Would have been great if they didn't make it timed. Maybe I just didn't play through it long enough, which I guess is evidence towards how bad I thought it was.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:38 pm

Pass wrote:I'm sorry, but whoever says majoras mask, I may be forced to roundhouse kick you in the throat. Ocarina of time for me. By far. I guess you could say the concept of majoras mask was "revolutionary," but honestly, it just pissed me off everytime I played. Would have been great if they didn't make it timed. Maybe I just didn't play through it long enough, which I guess is evidence towards how bad I thought it was.
I could say the same crap to people who love Ocarina of Time, especially the ones who pull the "first in 3D, revolutionary, etc." crap. It was going to happen eventually, get over it.

Honestly I didn't like Ocarina of Time that much, especially as kid Link...the kid Link parts sucked.

(And I think Majora's Masks' final battle was the most epic of all Zelda battles)

Pass

Post by Pass » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:18 pm

I didn't mean to start an argument really, because everyones entitled to their own opinion, obviously. I just wanted to stress how much I disliked mm. Sorry if I offended you.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Pass wrote:I didn't mean to start an argument really, because everyones entitled to their own opinion, obviously. I just wanted to stress how much I disliked mm. Sorry if I offended you.
Don't mind me, I'm not offended or anything. I just like to heat things up, that's all 8)

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:00 pm

Yeah, kid link in oot was annoying to play as. However, I wouldnt compare the kid link from OoT to the Link in MM. MM link was great.

OoT was awesome. And MM was great too. Just play the backwards song of time, it takes gameplay from one hour to three, so tere. Plenty of time to do stuff, unless you suck at zelda! :P I played LoZ LA as a kid, it was my first zelda adventure, followed by Seasons, later ages, then A lttp(emulated on my computer, at like 7 years old by myself.) then WW. I never got to play OoT or MM in my childhood. The closest I got to OoT was the extra disk I got with WW. Then I bought my N64 copys of OoT and MM from someone here(Whoever you are, I dont remember, but thank you! I think there location said in Alaska) I got my Wii and TP the year they came out for chritmas. I beat OoT Normally on the N64, but I saved MM untill I had a portable, which was insane because I was only able to play it in my 5th. Which I beat it on. I can still play it in my 6th.

And I guess I'm a fanboy, I got an excuse to cosplay as link for one of my schools spirit week, our class color was green, so I though, what the heck. I modled myself after OoT Link, using the trophy in SSBM. I mained Link in SSB and SSBM, which is the main reason my 2nd favorite link is OoT link.

Favorite Link: LA Link
2nd Fav: OoT Adult Link(Due to Smash)
3rd Fav: WW Link, My first 3d zelda(not cuz I'm young(15), but because my parents skipped the N64 for the GC. Which I do not regret)

Thats mah boy's history.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;