The Dark Knight

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:24 am

I will say this, this movie has two-face being played far, far, better then in that joke of a Batman movie with Jim Carry. And I think it's cool that they show his decent into madness rather then just pulling in the crazy Harvey Dent.

As for the Joker, there was nothing funnier then when he was leaving the hospital. I was cracking up seeing what he did to the remote.

If we had a spoiler bar I'd say more, but I don't want to ruin it for others.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:42 am

HazmatB wrote:
CronoTriggerfan wrote:I'm going to see it again later this week I thought it was so good. :D

Did anyone else get psyched about the Watchmen trailer? I read the comic a while back, and it was really good, I recommend it to anyone who likes superhero drivel but also has half a brain and can appreciate the multi-layered complexities about humanity it presents. Anyways, I was sniffing around their site, and it seems David Hayter did a lot of the work on the screenwriting. For those of you who aren't MGS fans, he was the voice actor for Solid Snake, among many other things.
Biggest problem is that the author of Watchmen doesn't want it to be made into a movie.
That is untrue, Alan Moore is completely indifferent to whether or not his comics get turned into movies, completely and utterly indifferent.

The only reason his name isn't on it and he refused accepting money for the movies is that he was involved in a lawsuit based on the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen movie and from that has decided that he doesn't want anything to do with Hollywood ever, but the biggest point to be made here is he honestly just doesn't care what Hollywood does to any level.

DK

Post by DK » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:21 am

Sparkfist wrote:I will say this, this movie has two-face being played far, far, better then in that joke of a Batman movie with Jim Carry. And I think it's cool that they show his decent into madness rather then just pulling in the crazy Harvey Dent
Have to agree, Tommy Lee Jones was an awful Two Face. Arron Eckhart was much better, especially the special effects for his burnt face. (Should have been done by acid, not oil though :evil: )

Have to say that Jim did make a great Riddler. Shame the rest of the film didn't match up to his acting.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:16 pm

DK wrote:
Sparkfist wrote:I will say this, this movie has two-face being played far, far, better then in that joke of a Batman movie with Jim Carry. And I think it's cool that they show his decent into madness rather then just pulling in the crazy Harvey Dent
Have to agree, Tommy Lee Jones was an awful Two Face. Arron Eckhart was much better, especially the special effects for his burnt face. (Should have been done by acid, not oil though :evil: )

Have to say that Jim did make a great Riddler. Shame the rest of the film didn't match up to his acting.
Spoilers...

It wasn't oil, it was flames. the oil was burned, remember?

end spoilers...

I'm kinda wondering when they'll bring in robin. If he will be as colorful and cheezy as the comics.

DK

Post by DK » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:41 pm

That's just being pedantic Gamecube6 :roll:

I sorta hope they don't bring Robin back for a while, brings back too many memories of Batman and Robin, now that was craptacular.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:23 pm

Spoilers:
Personally, I thought that in the scene with the two ships and the detonators, that
A: I think the joker would have made it to where the detonators would have blown up the ship that they were on
B. Throwing the detonators out the window was incredibly stupid.

And jokers backstory = lame. He changed it twice, right?
I couldn't imagine him as a kid(same face, small body, no makrup?)
End spoilers.
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm

Actually, he didn't change his backstory. The first was his mother and father, the second was his wife, and how he got scarred (though that wasn't easy to see that he was scarred, but hey).

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:02 pm

CFC Fodder wrote:Actually, he didn't change his backstory. The first was his mother and father, the second was his wife, and how he got scarred (though that wasn't easy to see that he was scarred, but hey).
No, he did. He said that he was scarred in each instance, and told a different story both times to explain them.

I personally thought it added to the theme of the character; a schizophrenic, immoral SOB who was opposite Batman in every way. Bruce Wayne had a detailed and well-chronicled past, the Joker didn't.

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:07 pm

ShockSlayer wrote:Spoilers:
A: I think the joker would have made it to where the detonators would have blown up the ship that they were on
And jokers backstory = lame. He changed it twice, right?
A: I thought of that too, that would've been great

the backstory was constantly changed on purpose. He was going to change it a third time at the batman-joker fight. could you imagine him saying the same story three times? It fit rather well. It would be kind of wierd telling a story about his "wife" to the gang member, and the story about his father would be out of place to the threatened rachel scene.

Spoilers, BTW

DK

Post by DK » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:58 am

I mean the back story on how he actually became the Joker. In the comics, he's a chemical engineer who falls into a vat of chemicals when he breaks in one night. Thats what turns him totally nuts and it also bleaches his skin turning him white. In the film he wears white makeup. :wink:

He also never had the scarred cheeks in the comics. But I think these changes suited the film more as they were a tad more realistic and a lot darker than Golden Era Joker.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:29 am

Yeah, he did seem waaaay more evil. In a funny sort of way. Like when he was wearing a dress... :P

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:33 am

DK wrote:He also never had the scarred cheeks in the comics. But I think these changes suited the film more as they were a tad more realistic and a lot darker than Golden Era Joker.
Eh, I don't read many comics, but all the Batman I have read is post-1986, the gritty stuff. :P

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:30 pm

The Joker started out pretty dark but was lightened up significantly later, then redarkened.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:42 pm

I saw it today!!! I freakin' loved it, best movie I saw in a long time.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:29 pm

One of the best movies ive seen in a long long time

i was worried that they had over hyped the joker cos heather ledger died, but boy was i wrong!

I was thinking to myself before hand "i bet they're just giving him oscars ocs he's dead" but christ does he deserve them!

I found Christain Bale a little bit wooden for my liking, but doesnt really matter.

P.S i want the nipples back on the suit :P