Guitar Hero

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Neildo_64
Portablizer
Guitar Hero

Post by Neildo_64 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:49 pm

How many guitar heroes do we have on the forums? Which game is your favorite - 1, 2, 3, rock the 80s? I like them all, but I only currently own GH3. The only song I can't beat is through the fire and flames....its extreme on expert. How many of you guys play on expert anyway?
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:53 pm

I don't play because guitar hero is a overrated button mashing/timeing game for rednecks.

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:56 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:I don't play because guitar hero is a overrated button mashing/timeing game for rednecks.
Dang, just change your name to Dr. Killjoy and get it over with.

I like Guitar Hero. I gotta couple friends who are real musicians and enjoy it. I don't own any myself I just play with a friend who has it. I don't really have a fav but I think all the songs I really love are on 1. There's great ones on all of them though.
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:00 pm

mothatrucka wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:I don't play because guitar hero is a overrated button mashing/timeing game for rednecks.
Dang, just change your name to Dr. Killjoy and get it over with.
Lol. I actually used to think the same thing, but grew to like it as I played it. I play real guitar too but I was getting 100% on expert songs before I ever played real guitar.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:01 pm

The friend I play with actually bought a guitar and is learning to really play it because she enjoyed GH so much. She likes it better than the game because something about the moving fretboard screws with her vision. lol
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

DK

Post by DK » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:06 pm

Give me a proper guitar anyday. More fun and actually useful (unless you enter a Guitar Hero contest :roll: )

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:18 pm

I went to 1 GH contest and it was SO dumb that I left. It was WAY too childish and the scoring had nothing to do with how well you played, but how cocky you were and how "good" you looked while jamming - seriously this is how the judging was done. I don't like all the people who are like "I play guitar hero on EXPERT! and I kick ass so I'm so cool!" I just play for fun. The reason I haven't passed Through the fire and the flames is because that would take effort. I'm not going to TRY to be kick ass at it, its just a game. lol. Ive just gotten this good from having fun with it. It came pretty naturally. Could be partially because I started on medium half way down the list and never even saw easy until I was playing expert. I got to the point of playing most hard songs while playing at walmart everyday for a while. 8) Rockin out fo free. 8)
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:37 pm

Valium

Post by Valium » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Why don't you just say you don't like it, instead of insulting people who do?

RockNRoll!

Post by RockNRoll! » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:04 pm

I won Rock Band for PS2 at my graduation party. It's a really fun game when the song is good but most of the songs that come with it suck and there's no downloads for PS2. I'm probably gonna eventually get rock the 80's. Does the Rock Band guitar work with it?

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 pm

You're just mad because you weren't good at it, quit being such an ass.

I own 2, 3, and Rock Band. Waiting for Guitar Hero: Metallica. I'd have to say 3 is my favorite. 2 has too many bad covers, Rock Band is too easy.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:41 pm

Yeah I play.......... on Expert :P

I like to Pro Face-off allot.

lol no one likes to play me at guitar hero anymore, except for one guy who can slaughter me at any song, but I only see him once a year at one of our huge Halo Parties when we rent out a clubhouse.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:46 pm

I'm not to good at it but I understand why people like it. I not willing to put the effort into getting that good at guitar hero.
I'm not going to TRY to be kick ass at it, its just a game.
Are you specifically refering to that game. There are some games I would kill to be good at.

Like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS7hkwbKmBM

or this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u83LQ5G5 ... re=related
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

WompaStompa11
PSN Username:WompaStompa11

Post by WompaStompa11 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:44 pm

RockNRoll! wrote:I won Rock Band for PS2 at my graduation party. It's a really fun game when the song is good but most of the songs that come with it suck and there's no downloads for PS2. I'm probably gonna eventually get rock the 80's. Does the Rock Band guitar work with it?
No
Image Laziness is a serious disease... My Ebay Reference . . . My video game collection

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:52 pm

I like Guitar Hero. I got Guitar Hero III (PS2) for Christmas, and I can get through most songs on hard, and some on expert (and Through the Fire and Flames on medium :P). My friend gave me I and II at the end of the school year (I don't remember why :lol:), and I bought Rock Band a few weeks ago. Rock Band's guitar parts are a lot easier than those of Guitar Hero; I can beat most them on expert, which really surprised me. :lol: The guitar controller it comes with seriously blows though. I'm just glad my GH3 PS2 controller works with it. A heads up to anyone considering Rock Band for Wii: Guitar Hero controllers don't work with it! You have to use the ass-tacular Rock Band guitar. :evil:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen: