Diablo III

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:42 am

If they change the inventory to all items being one size, I'd be ecstatic. I remember having a hard time all too often organizing things so I had room.

I'd also like to address something. As far as D2 was conscerned, most people didn't use Pallys as healers. In fact I remember most people hating them because of things like charge, smite, and of course thorns.

There's only one thing I think they should take from WoW and put in DIII, and that is the ability to respec. Because you run into the problem that when you start out you can't really do much damage so you spend points. Well later in the game you find that those low level spells bonuses are almost worthless now and could be better used for upping other spells damage. I'd like it if I could adopt my character as I move through the game rather then walk a path set up from level 2.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:28 pm

I agree with redistributing skills. Still, no sense worrying about it for years.
Hey, sup?

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:14 pm

The problem with the Paladin was if you were a healer you couldn't really solo that well and were very reliant on other players to kill things. I love the class anyway though. :)

Respecing would be awesome too. They could make it so you could do it after completing each difficulty level or something so that it's not too abused.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

SavageLych

Post by SavageLych » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:32 pm

Well having played diablo I for four years, then diablo II for ten, i can honestly say i need this. I actually have made every possible kind of character build you could name... I went threw five accounts, and even made a summoner capable of soloing uber trist. Just seeing this reminds me of all the things i didnt like about the game that i can see have already been changed. On the other hand the graphics style is garbage. I loved diablo because of its dark and real look, not for some cartoon bullcrap.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Confession: Never beat Diablo 1 (Don't worry, I'm doing it now).

But playing it again, I find that it's completely dark except for highlights around key things and a small halo of light around the character.

In Diablo 3, you can see around you. A sort of "Dark for WoW" feel.
Hey, sup?

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:40 pm

Well Diablo and Diablo II had a light radius aspect to the game. One that I wasn't really thrilled about, like during the eclipse in Act II. Maybe Blizzard felt that such a game element wasn't worth carrying over. I'm not saying it's an improvement or a big lose just a change. And beside I remember using the maphack to get maximum light radius, is it was always bright and clear out. Blizzard might do something like add an element of fog, rain or something like that.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:18 pm

Chapel wrote:I would definitely get this over Starcraft 2, I think most would.
Tell that to Korea.
Valve is the best company.

Chapel

Post by Chapel » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:43 am

So Many Kinds of Bagels wrote:
Chapel wrote:I would definitely get this over Starcraft 2, I think most would.
Tell that to Korea.
Good point.