Dreams? The human mind? So powerful.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Dreams? The human mind? So powerful.

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:58 pm

The human mind is such a powerful thing. Like think about dreams.

Dreams are made by the mind, the mind is very powerful.
In your dreams, your mind can create objects and people who have their own simulated personalities. People and living things can think and act, move in a similated manner. Personally speaking, I always have dreams that have people in them that I have never seen nor met before, and they act like real people. I am a lucid dreamer at times, which allows me to manipulate my dreams yet manipulating people in dreams seems very unlikely and even impossible. I do not mean manipulating how they move, yet I mean manipulating the simulated thoughts of the characters/people in the dreams.

The mind is probably the most advanced "Computer" in the world.

Dreams are amazing, they bring you to a "different universe" as some may say. Some people say that personalities of the people, and facial features of the people in your dreams come from people and personalities that you have encountered in your everyday life. (Through TV or Internet, or encounters with various people)

Sometimes people have the same dreams as someone else they know. Which is very weird, really. Minds due tend to think alike yet having the exact same dream seems very unlikely in theory, yet its not.

Does anyone else agree with me on this topic? Lets discuss the human brain and how it can simulate dreams and thoughts.

mothatrucka
Banned

Post by mothatrucka » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:02 pm

A friend of mine dreamed she was her boyfriend's dog. Apparently the same night she dreamed that, the dog was having weird dreams, too.

Other than thinking that's hilarious I don't think about dreams much. Kinda weird.
ImageImage
TRUCK- Eating kittens and kicking puppies since 1982.

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:16 pm

Only 10% of the human brain is used. If people keep evolving, we'll be like people in heroes, due to the supposed "conciousness shift" that will take place in 2012

http://sol.gaia.com/blog/2006/5/the_shi ... sciousness

another note: "Consciousness expansion" is the evolving of the mind through use of psychedelics. I do not recommend using drugs, but if your into that and don't like getting in trouble with the law or screwing up your life, Look up binaural beats. You can use them to meditate and that kind of stuff (No- I-doser is a scam, don't even try it).

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:25 pm

Isnt that the day, (Dec 21 2012) that the world is supposed to end?

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:07 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Isnt that the day, (Dec 21 2012) that the world is supposed to end?
People think way too much into numbers, I wish we counted in octal or something. :P

I rarely have dreams, but they're fairly primitive if you think about it.

Valium

Post by Valium » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:19 pm

ganonbanned wrote:Only 10% of the human brain is used. If people keep evolving, we'll be like people in heroes, due to the supposed "conciousness shift" that will take place in 2012
You know that whole 10% of the human brain is a bunch of a bull right? Since we know that the brain is made of plenty of different quadrants that all serve a different purpose. If you were out walking around, then you'd be using the part of your brain that controls your motor skills, using other parts of your brain at that time doesn't make you walk better does it, only the part that controls your motor functions would be used, and it's already doing it's best.

You can't unlock your brain, using more than 10% wouldn't make you smarter, wouldn't give you psychic powers, etc etc. The whole thing is just some old wives tale.

Wonder why I typed all that

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:23 pm

Valium wrote:Wonder why I typed all that
So do I, some one already typed even more on Wikipedia.

I dream sometimes, it seems to vary, some nights I have several, others none.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:30 pm

I dreamt of crashing in a kick scooter one night.

The day I woke up - guess what? - I crashed on my kick scooter, THE SAME WAY AS MY DREAM.

The subdivision I live in the Philippines is mountainous. I rushed down the mountain road without brakes (like in my dream) and I hit a pothole (or what looks like it). Then I was airbourne for a few moments, crashed horribly, hit the sidewalk, flipped and I was nearly flattened by a car.

I was wearing no helmet, no knee protection, NOTHING. :shock:

I got to go to hospital... Just as my dream predicted. :lol:

Zereo_XI

Post by Zereo_XI » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:49 pm

Anyone ever watch Real Super Humans on Discovery Channel? I man called Rudiger Gamm A.k.a "The Human calculator". Little info on him:

"Gamm can multiply higher powers and divide two prime numbers to 60 decimals - 84 to the power of 17; 42 to the power of 100; 31 divided by 61. Gamm can also speak backwards - both an entire sentence and each word within a sentence. He is also a calendar calculator and can determine within seconds the day of the week of any date in history."
My portable thread:
Not stating any project again until I have a job.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:55 pm

Zereo_XI wrote:Anyone ever watch Real Super Humans on Discovery Channel? I man called Rudiger Gamm A.k.a "The Human calculator". Little info on him:
*blah blah*
I saw him on "More than Human" on Discovery. :shock:

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:31 pm

ganonbanned wrote:Only 10% of the human brain is used. If people keep evolving, we'll be like people in heroes, due to the supposed "conciousness shift" that will take place in 2012

http://sol.gaia.com/blog/2006/5/the_shi ... sciousness

another note: "Consciousness expansion" is the evolving of the mind through use of psychedelics. I do not recommend using drugs, but if your into that and don't like getting in trouble with the law or screwing up your life, Look up binaural beats. You can use them to meditate and that kind of stuff (No- I-doser is a scam, don't even try it).

God...
Sorry to be mean, but you only use 10% consciously at any one time. You use it all over time.

EDIT: If you were to consciously use all of your brain all of the time, you'd have to filter the info it does already. Like, how to walk, what muscles to use, how to focus your eyes, processing the information from nearly all of your sensory nerves.... in the end, you'd be a quivering mass, unable to do anything.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:58 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Isnt that the day, (Dec 21 2012) that the world is supposed to end?
I can't wait for that day to come, just cause tons of people will be in a panic and I would actually like to see what happens (I highly doubt anything will happen), if nothing happens I will laugh my ass off for that whole day, and probably even the next cause off all the people who thought something was going to happen.

grossaffe

Post by grossaffe » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:05 pm

Jongamer wrote:
I can't wait for that day to come, just cause tons of people will be in a panic and I would actually like to see what happens (I highly doubt anything will happen), if nothing happens I will laugh my ass off for that whole day, and probably even the next cause off all the people who thought something was going to happen.
sounds like you have doubts...

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:06 pm

Jongamer wrote:
Just like when the year 2000 came. Lots of people thought something amazing might happen, but nothing did. 2012 seems to be an even bigger deal, which will cause it to for sure merit your laughter (as long as nothing happens).

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:19 pm

grossaffe wrote:
Jongamer wrote:
sounds like you have doubts...
Yes I have doubts, but I still can't wait :P