Nintendocore

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:32 am

soundwave wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:Crono your right imo, the screaming and distorted guitars is best left to faggotry metalcore bands who are angry at jocks for bullying them (as you can tell, I don't care for metal like.. at all really)
That's coming from a fan of music made by nerds using old video game consoles. Hypocrisy is such an interesting thing.

And you make it seem like a crime to mix genre's...why?
How about back the copulate off before you make judgement you prick. I don't listen to chiptunes, I listen to Hip Hop. Seriously, what the copulate makes you think i'm a chiptunes fan.

Mixing genres is okay, but Nintendocore just sounds like a bunch of wanked music mixed together, Chiptunes on it's own is much more listenable compared to (badly) mixing multiple genres together.

The band listened in this thread (albeit not Nintendocore) Enter Shikari seem to be the only band that have the mix of Post-Hardcore and Trance done correctly =/

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:15 pm

I thought that was terrible...It was like raping my eardrums.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:51 pm

I think it's funny that no one here likes screamo! When I'm in a bad mood I get in my car and scream my guts out! It really gets my mind off of whatever was wrong. But I guess you guys can listen to whatever you want to.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:18 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:How about back the screw off before you make judgement you prick. I don't listen to chiptunes, I listen to Hip Hop. Seriously, what the screw makes you think i'm a chiptunes fan.
And <i>that</i> is why I flame you every chance I get.

Was it Triton that mentioned liscenses to breed? Or Sparkfist. Regardless, you pretty much justified his claim.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:19 pm

Metroid fan wrote:I think it's funny that no one here likes screamo! When I'm in a bad mood I get in my car and scream my guts out! It really gets my mind off of whatever was wrong. But I guess you guys can listen to whatever you want to.
I listen to some screamo when I'm pissed or trying to get psyched up for something (or trying to annoy my sister :lol: ), but I see kids whose iPods are filled to the brim with it. I'm all for listening to what you want to and all, but I don't see how anyone can tolerate large doses of a guy shouting into a microphone interspersed with a trippy guitar. Melody's not all that bad, Mr. Emo kid! :P

EDIT: Watch the personal attacks, guys. I love a good structured debate just as much as the next guy, but if the mudslinging keeps on going, I'll lock this thread in a heartbeat.

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:48 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
EDIT: Watch the personal attacks, guys. I love a good structured debate just as much as the next guy, but if the mudslinging keeps on going, I'll lock this thread in a heartbeat.
He'll do it to! He is CRAZY :shock:
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:10 pm

What is with LSDJ users raping their GameBoys, adding horrible LED's that look tacky, bad "BACKLIGHTS" (employing one white LED in the corner), stupid switches everywhere? Prosound I can understand, but that can be pulled off without having to ruin the case.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:27 pm

LoyalistRevolt wrote:He'll do it to! He is CRAZY :shock:
Damn straight. :lol:

nitro2k01

Post by nitro2k01 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Bibin wrote:What is with LSDJ users raping their GameBoys, adding horrible LED's that look tacky, bad "BACKLIGHTS" (employing one white LED in the corner), stupid switches everywhere? Prosound I can understand, but that can be pulled off without having to ruin the case.
I guess you're talking to me? (No CTFan, I didn't take this a personal attack, so no need to keep that padlock so close to the thread)
I don't think my LED-mods look all that tacky. I actually think they look pretty good.
As for the backlight... It's useful when standing on stage in a dark room.
And why I did it? It was a crazy idea me and a friend got and decided to realize. And it brings some attention, and people think it looks cool, which is not a bad thing when you're a musician doing your thing. It's all about image. Why put LED's in a Gameboy? Why have album art for your CD? (Why not just have a piece of white paper with your artist name and album title written with a standard font?) Why wear clothes with a brand?
My blog
ASM Retro <- Gameboy Classic Backlight

Being the sadistic bastard I am, I have covered Frog's left eye with a Santa hat.

Last edited by nitro2k01 tomorrow, 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:09 pm

nitro2k01 wrote:
Bibin wrote:What is with LSDJ users raping their GameBoys, adding horrible LED's that look tacky, bad "BACKLIGHTS" (employing one white LED in the corner), stupid switches everywhere? Prosound I can understand, but that can be pulled off without having to ruin the case.
I guess you're talking to me? (No CTFan, I didn't take this a personal attack, so no need to keep that padlock so close to the thread)
In fact, this is the well-structured debate I'm referring to. :P

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:24 am

soundwave wrote:And <i>that</i> is why I flame you every chance I get.
Because your immature and rude? Good for you. If you want you can insult people on something you got incorrect.

Metroid Fan: Screamo is okay, but it has to be pulled off correctly or it just sounds stupid (SEE TRIVIUM), a lot of bands just take it over the top and it basically sounds like ear rape and not much musical structure.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:34 pm

nitro2k01 wrote:
I don't think my LED-mods look all that tacky. I actually think they look pretty good.
As for the backlight... It's useful when standing on stage in a dark room.
And why I did it? It was a crazy idea me and a friend got and decided to realize. And it brings some attention, and people think it looks cool, which is not a bad thing when you're a musician doing your thing. It's all about image. Why put LED's in a Gameboy? Why have album art for your CD? (Why not just have a piece of white paper with your artist name and album title written with a standard font?) Why wear clothes with a brand?
Actually, I didn't mean to attack you in particular (I hadn't seen your avatar even until now; I normally browse benheck with images disabled for speed's sake).
I guess it just ticks me off since there are so few remaining gameboys in good condition, that it's kind of sad to see another killed off. The same kinda goes with NES's, but those aren't going to run out soon.

Metroid fan

Post by Metroid fan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:55 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:Metroid Fan: Screamo is okay, but it has to be pulled off correctly or it just sounds stupid (SEE TRIVIUM), a lot of bands just take it over the top and it basically sounds like ear rape and not much musical structure.
Well the screamo that I listen to is mainly emarosa, underoath and flyleaf. But I do listen to some really funny screamo like Crank that Calvary boy and stuff like that. I find it humorous sometimes. (By the way I'm not a hardcore kid at all, I listen to the pokemon theme song in my car :P I also listen to pretty much any and every genre so...)

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:10 pm

Flyleaf are so not a screamo band btw... in case your wondering, yes i'm quite a big fan of Flyleaf

Yeah I Set My Friends On Fire are quite funny sometimes, I just hate bands like Trivium because they don't really showcase anything new and seem to be quite boring to listen to.

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:15 pm

8bitpeoples.com

stu
random
saberpulse

all else are ok