What's going to be the new Nintendo handheld?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:
Bubbles wrote:The Wii Kirby was abandoned if I recall correctly, which made me sad, a new Kid Icarus could be interesting, completely unaware that a new Bionic Commando and 2D Castlevania were in the works for Wii, that's really cool.
Last part of that. The cancellation was supposedly a rumor, and we're supposed to see the title at E3 this year alongside Animal Crossing Wii. I really hope it's shown, Kirby games were the first ones I ever owned myself. :P
Coolio.

That makes me happy.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:31 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:
bioniclebert wrote:New nintendo handheld:
Game... man?
Discuss.
"The new Nintendo Game Man, are you man enough to play Super Mario: Mario Kills his Brother, The Legend of Zelda: Links Killing Spree, or Metroid Extermination?
Do you eat nails for breakfast?
Do you s**t literal bricks?

Then this is the console for you!"
You actually said something funny. Though I admit the idea is awesome. I buy it. :lol:
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:43 pm

extremesonic wrote:
Negative_Creep wrote:then more recycled crap such as MKDS and SMDS which are rehashes of eariler titles, but if your a PSP owner what do you get? Sure remakes and rehashes, but they are good ones. Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX? yes please. Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops? Yes please. Final Fantasy Crisis Core? Yes please
So you'd rather have a portable fighter(eww, fighters should be arcade and console only, unless it is made specifically for the portable, not a port), the weakest MGS game in the series and an FF7 cash-in(though a rather good one), over the best Mario Kart game in the series and a classic mario platformer?(which we haven't seen since mario all-stars' lost levels). Your logic hurts me.
SMDS is basically the (admittely excellent) Mario 64... and Mario Kart DS fails to compare to Mario Kart 64 or DD so that one doesnt even account for anyway, it's online is the saving grace which gets out measured out by Mario Kart Wii anyway (which is very meh tbh, apart from the new Wii Wheel control it doesnt really bring much to an already flagging serie).

The PSP has some excellent games on it which cannot be denied (and I still haven't got to play the new God of War yet), whilst Nintendo just seem to pulling out old franchises out their arse and rehashing them for yet another gimmick. Nintendo this generation seem to have used up nearly all their franchises already, there is some life left in Zelda, perhaps another Mario title now that Galaxy was excellent, a new Starfox game shouldnt go amiss.. but they need to start thinking of new ideas.

And if The Conduit is pushing the Wii, then it really isnt that powerful.

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:11 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:SMDS is basically the (admittely excellent) Mario 64
He didn't mean Super Mario 64 DS, he meant New Super Mario Bros.

Very, very, very different.
The PSP has some excellent games on it which cannot be denied (and I still haven't got to play the new God of War yet), whilst Nintendo just seem to pulling out old franchises out their arse and rehashing them for yet another gimmick. Nintendo this generation seem to have used up nearly all their franchises already, there is some life left in Zelda, perhaps another Mario title now that Galaxy was excellent, a new Starfox game shouldnt go amiss.. but they need to start thinking of new ideas.
Nintendo's strength has always been franchises, which they are still creating.

Why do people forget Pikmin?

That franchise is just a few years old and has a lot of potential and while I've only played the first I enjoyed it immensely.

There are a good deal of exciting games coming for the Wii.

Now that I got a job I should really think about getting one.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:53 am

Bubbles wrote:

He was quoting me and I mentioned SM64DS in the first place, not NSMB.

And Pikmin isnt that great..

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:29 pm

Negative_Creep wrote:
Bubbles wrote:

He was quoting me and I mentioned SM64DS in the first place, not NSMB.

And Pikmin isnt that great..
Maybe he misunderstood you, because I would hardly call SM64DS a "classic Mario platformer", you just said "SMDS" which is open to a lot of interpretation.

And Pikmin is greatness, albeit really weird greatness.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:39 pm

Here is what we need. We need to remove all franchises from every system and start over. No more Mario, Zelda, Mega man, Sonic, Halo, etc. Then we need to Trust bust EA into many smaller companies.

Now guess what we might get if were lucky... ORIGINAL GAMES!

The only Franchises that have not worn themselves out completely are Street fighter and Castlevania. They don't release games that often so the series aren't over saturated.

Smaller and lesser known games are being completely over looked now and it pisses me off. Guilty Gear is a great example. The Guilty Gear series is unheard of even for its small genre (fighters). Everyone just continues playing crappy mortal combat games.

I think that with out the major games that always sell people might look at what smaller publishers make.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:37 pm

That's not a bad idea, but it will never happen, and I don't really want it too.

Despite "over saturation" I still have a lot of fun with Mario, Zelda, Pokémon, and other series, and while I think people should be more receptive to new game series I would be upset if the franchises of today disappeared completely.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:06 pm

Knowing Nintendo, and taking into consideration the advancements in touch screen technology. I would take an educated guess that the next hand-held from Nintendo would look like an e-book, with d-pad(s)/analog stick(s) and about 4 buttons.

Reasons?
The new multi-touch for touch screens is going to make things more interactive, something that is Nintendo's main goal this decade. A bigger screen that could just as easily be split to still work like the DS, albeit a bit distracting but still. I would also say they will still have the cheap protective film on the screen, you know the kind that will scratch easily and make it impossible to see after awhile.

I'm also going with the idea that they'll still us cartridges. Though they will be based more on flash RAM then the good-old ROMs, but hey it's cheaper, and it will be able to hold greater amounts of data then the UMDs that the PSP uses currently.

This is my final prediction.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.