What's going to be the new Nintendo handheld?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Wed May 21, 2008 7:43 pm

Killgood hates everything about everything.

You don't have to swing yours arms at all, a flick of your wrist does the same thing. It's relaxing to use, because your hands don't need to be in front of you, the cord in the middle allows you to use them pretty much at your sides.

It's not that it's the best system. I dislike the choice of games. Basically, the Wii is a Super Smash Brothers Box.
Hey, sup?

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:30 pm

It reacts To Squezzing {s/p} it.
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Thu May 22, 2008 5:52 am

Come on we all know the reason non gamers are attracted to the Wii, it's simple with only a D-pad and two or three buttons. When you compare that to the 12 or so buttons on the 360's controller, yeah.

Now I'd have to say that if Nintendo added more controller ports, or made a cheap multi-tap, then using the GC controller or that Retro Pad (whatever). Like I've said before, unless they use a standard controller, they're going to lose the hardcore gamer crowd.... if they had a big crowd to begin with.

And in all seriousness the GC, I couldn't see as a hardcore gaming system. Look at some of the accessories Nintendo made for it, like the congas. It was a shadow of the N64 as far as adult games having only one notable fighting game or two, and yeah it got Resident Evil but it was towards the last years.

Nintendo would do well to just have a rival like Sega again. One that they can try to measure themselves to. But when Sega fell off, Nintendo no longer had one, they didn't see Sony as a real competitor, and who seriously though Microsoft would stay? Nintendo has gotten lazy and they need someone to point out, "You're a child! And you need to grow up."
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Thu May 22, 2008 1:16 pm

teraflop122 wrote:
Bubbles wrote:The Genesis was technically superior to the SNES despite coming out first
This would be a good point if it wasn't flat out incorrect. The Super Nintendo outclassed the Genesis by a wide margin, which is one reason it lasted so long into the 32 bit era. I've seen the 32x called "the Super Nintendo adapter for your Genesis" on a few occasions.
Alright, I was wrong there, it happens every now and then, I admit this.

Though my Master System/NES comparison still stands (I would say it was a better comparison to begin with anyways).

Or if you prefer, compare an Atari 2600 with a CollecoVision or Intellivison, Atari's graphics are noticeably worse but the games (IMO) are better.

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Thu May 22, 2008 1:18 pm

Aguiluz wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:Wii = Cool for the first 5 hours, then you get tired of swinging your arms everywhere and just want to push a freaking button.
Really? Have you tried a Wii? Are they that bad?
I know several people who would adamantly disagree with that statement.

One of them is a long time gamer who ranks the Wii as his second favorite system of all times (right after SNES).

The Wii is about tied with 360 for my first choice in next gen gameage, the PS3 isn't even in the competition ($600 and no exclusive games I'm even remotely interested in, pass on that one).

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Thu May 22, 2008 1:22 pm

Kurt_ wrote:Killgood hates everything about everything.

You don't have to swing yours arms at all, a flick of your wrist does the same thing. It's relaxing to use, because your hands don't need to be in front of you, the cord in the middle allows you to use them pretty much at your sides.

It's not that it's the best system. I dislike the choice of games. Basically, the Wii is a Super Smash Brothers Box.
I agree with all of this except the last statement.

What I have played of Super Mario Galaxy is just plain awesome on every level, a lot of fun.

The Wii is doing well with non gamers and gamers alike, and it is outselling the 360 and the PS3, at least for now Nintendo has literally no reason to change what they're doing.

gamemasterAS
Steam ID:lolz1337face

Post by gamemasterAS » Thu May 22, 2008 2:24 pm

Double posting is frowned upon, but this is just MADNESS.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:06 pm

Bubbles wrote:
Aguiluz wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:Wii = Cool for the first 5 hours, then you get tired of swinging your arms everywhere and just want to push a freaking button.
Really? Have you tried a Wii? Are they that bad?
I know several people who would adamantly disagree with that statement.

The Wii is about tied with 360 for my first choice in next gen gameage, the PS3 isn't even in the competition ($600 and no exclusive games I'm even remotely interested in, pass on that one).
The Wii gets boring after a while. The controls aren't as responsive or accurate as they should be. The games are lacking except for Galaxy (Brawl is meh, just Melee 1.5). It's not worth the $250 you pay at retail. I'd say a decent $150 or $200 tops. That and the fact that they're low in supply is just BS. They're too cheap to open up new factories to meet demands.

I loved the Gamecube and the N64. I never owned a PS1 and I didn't get the PS2 or xbox till about 3 years after the GC. I love the GC about 6 times as much as the Wii. Wii=poop in my opinion.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu May 22, 2008 3:09 pm

The Wii lacks solid titles and lasting appeal.

The only good games are No More Heroes and hopefully The Conduit.. Nintendo baby franchises suck

gamecube6

Post by gamecube6 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:41 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:Wii = Cool for the first 5 hours, then you get tired of swinging your arms everywhere and just want to push a freakin button.
comments like these always made me laugh, now they just annoy me. Gamers are all like "oh, my arm hurts, i've been bowling. This game is crap, they're trying to kill me!" Jeez, people. If you think "bowling" or "tennis" or "boxing" is tiring and evil, try getting off your fat behind and actually bowling with a heavy ball, and not a tiny little remote, or actually boxing, or chasing a ball in tennis. seriously, just blame the sports for being invented.

Bubbles

Post by Bubbles » Wed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

I agree with gamecube6 on this.

My friend hurt so much after getting his Wii, but he is in better shape now and loves the system.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Wed May 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Wait, which kid said on a streetcorner playing NES "This is crap"?
anyway, I think the wii is so successful since it's fun to play. Who cares if the game isn't about impressing your friends with the blood and gore? Perhaps making games FUN is a good idea guys?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed May 28, 2008 7:34 pm

I still don't get why "fun" and "advanced technology" are mutually exclusive.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Wed May 28, 2008 7:48 pm

gamecube6 wrote:If you think "bowling" or "tennis" or "boxing" is tiring and evil, try getting off your fat behind and actually bowling with a heavy ball, and not a tiny little remote, or actually boxing, or chasing a ball in tennis. seriously, just blame the sports for being invented.
Haha, I'd want to watch the boxing part.

(Manny won over Killgood by a technical knockout!)

:lol: :lol:

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Wed May 28, 2008 7:59 pm

bicostp wrote:I still don't get why "fun" and "advanced technology" are mutually exclusive.
Who advocated that? :?