Drivers licence

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

LoyalistRevolt
Drivers licence

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Sun May 18, 2008 9:45 pm

I want to know the fastest way to get a drivers license I need to get it in 3 months is there anyway?
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Joes2Silly

Post by Joes2Silly » Sun May 18, 2008 9:46 pm

Does it have to be a legal drivers license?

official xbox fiend

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Sun May 18, 2008 9:51 pm

How old are you? Do you have a permit?
I'm kind of shocked you don't know this already, its 4 months with driver's ed, 6 months without.
If you're looking for some other mystical, magic answer, you're out of luck. Let's play the waiting game.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sun May 18, 2008 10:08 pm

You could take a NES game, lets pick Deadly Towers. Open up the cartrage and spread chunky peanut butter (It has to be chunky or else it will not work) and a Drivers Licence will magically appear.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Sun May 18, 2008 10:10 pm

gamer2 wrote:You could take a NES game, lets pick Deadly Towers. Open up the cartrage and spread chunky peanut butter (It has to be chunky or else it will not work) and a Drivers Licence will magically appear.
No no, you spread it on the internet ports.

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Sun May 18, 2008 10:20 pm

Most states have it where you use a permit until you're 16 or 18 (depends on the state). For example the level two permit here in Michigan allows you to drive a car between the hours of 5am and 12am. To obtain it you have to have taken driver's ed one and two, and had something like 30 hours of driving experience (with a licensed driver).

So the short answer to your question would be, not likely.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sun May 18, 2008 11:05 pm

You'll have to look up the laws in your state for age, time, classes/testing, and hours. Each state is different, but most are standard in that you have to be about 15 to get a permit and 16 to get your license. Most require some sort of driver's ed to get your permit, and then testing for a license, both on road and written. In most places, you have to have your permit for at least 6 months before you can get your license, as shockwave said. So basically, you're SOL, unless you've already got your permit.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Mon May 19, 2008 12:20 am

Its just a lot of class time and waiting. I dont think there is a quick way to get one.

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Mon May 19, 2008 12:25 am

Check your state's laws, but in some cases, if you can prove a need to get one quickly, and are old enough (i.e., you're 16, an only child, and your widowed mother is disabled and unable to drive), the process can be accelerated. IIRC, it's still a pain (my sister went through it, not me).

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Mon May 19, 2008 12:38 am

Sparkfist wrote:Most states have it where you use a permit until you're 16 or 18 (depends on the state). For example the level two permit here in Michigan allows you to drive a car between the hours of 5am and 12am. To obtain it you have to have taken driver's ed one and two, and had something like 30 hours of driving experience (with a licensed driver).

So the short answer to your question would be, not likely.
I didn't do any of this. I just got my permit after HS when I was 18-19, and practiced a lot until I was confident enough to pass and skillfully drive by myself.

This took a lot longer than your 3 months allotted time though.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon May 19, 2008 11:35 am

Just drive good so you dont get pulled over. ;)

Ive had my license for like a year and all Ive ever actually used it for was to buy alcohol.

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Mon May 19, 2008 11:53 am

Meh I will eventually get my license, I'm not in any hurry with gas prices the way they are. keep your opinions to yourself I will probably try getting a motorcycle and a license for one instead, motorcycles are much much much better on the gas, although during the winter would be the only problem.

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Mon May 19, 2008 11:59 am

Darn so I have to start now... Well thanks I thought driving in a box would save off a couple of months.
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

Sparkfist
Forum Administrator

Post by Sparkfist » Mon May 19, 2008 3:32 pm

wallydawg wrote:I didn't do any of this. I just got my permit after HS when I was 18-19, and practiced a lot until I was confident enough to pass and skillfully drive by myself.

This took a lot longer than your 3 months allotted time though.
Neither did I, I took drivers ed 1 when I was 14 (Michigan lets you start at 14 and 9 months), then I took drivers ed 2 about 17, then took my road test 3 days before I turned 18. When I turned 18, they gave me my license.

@Loyalist, if your state requires a minimum number of hours driving, ask to drive every chance you get, that's the biggest key.
vskid wrote:Nerd = likes school, does all their homework, dies if they don't get 100% on every assignment
Geek = likes technology, dies if the power goes out and his UPS dies too

I am a geek.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon May 19, 2008 5:04 pm

Or go on a road trip.

Seriously, if you NEED to get your license in 3 months (probably for a concert or something), you're entirely out of luck. The reason people CAN'T get their license in 3 months is so that spazzes who can't drive DON'T. You gotta be able to drive before you get your license. And that takes practice, and time.
Hey, sup?