Keypad creation (PC)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon May 12, 2008 1:23 am

I am not trying to be a douch, I am simply implying that the G15 has lots of programmable keys, or he could use a number pad keypad and mod it.

project_failure

Post by project_failure » Mon May 12, 2008 1:29 am

Dr. KillGood wrote:I am not trying to be a douch, I am simply implying that the G15 has lots of programmable keys, or he could use a number pad keypad and mod it.
Thats not what everyone is talking about. Its the use of memes from the chans. This site is not a chan.
he is what they at 4chan refer to as a "newfag" or "cancer". I only lashed out at him because he is an obvious troll.
You may mean well but this is how you come across.
Sword_Gun wrote:Klef your asking a whole bunch of videogame players.. for girl advice.. Nice.
It is not junk! It is assorted goods with no current use.
-Project Failure

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Mon May 12, 2008 3:13 am

RabidGuineapig wrote:Yes, thats what I'm talking about, thank you. And he thinks this is /b/ kind of funny, look at the post bellow yours. he is what they at 4chan refer to as a "newfag" or "cancer". I only lashed out at him because he is an obvious troll.
And you're the enforcer that thinks it's cool to put others down; or maybe that's me. Stop it.

You can do a bit of research on key matrices and the like, and you can find the bitwise combinations that you use to send an A/S/D/F signal in the IC inside of your keyboard.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 am

Quite a while ago I took apart a USB number keypad and discovered the inside had two layers of thin PVC, which had a coating which completed the circuit when the two pieces pressed against each other. It is easy to attach wires to these points, then when you connect them to your own buttons, they register the key presses; you can tell your game to redefine their use, 8 for up, 2 for down, etc.

I know this works. I have one in bits as at some point I intend to make my own unit too, as I prefer cursor keys on the left of the keyboard when playing games, etc. I tried commercial gaming devices but didn't like them - I will make one myself at some point.

Here is a link to what I did, before I put project on hold - Oct'06:

OLD PROJECT

Hope this info helps.

RabidGuineapig

Post by RabidGuineapig » Mon May 12, 2008 7:14 am

bacteria wrote:Quite a while ago I took apart a USB number keypad and discovered the inside had two layers of thin PVC, which had a coating which completed the circuit when the two pieces pressed against each other. It is easy to attach wires to these points, then when you connect them to your own buttons, they register the key presses; you can tell your game to redefine their use, 8 for up, 2 for down, etc.

I know this works. I have one in bits as at some point I intend to make my own unit too, as I prefer cursor keys on the left of the keyboard when playing games, etc. I tried commercial gaming devices but didn't like them - I will make one myself at some point.

Here is a link to what I did, before I put project on hold - Oct'06:

OLD PROJECT

Hope this info helps.
Thank you this does help, now to get started :P

I don't understand why I got yelled at, he should be under his bridge not on the internet, troll needs to learn his place.

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon May 12, 2008 2:46 pm

I actually have a Wolfking/WolfClaw USB Circular keyboard. They work great for FPS.

RabidGuineapig

Post by RabidGuineapig » Tue May 13, 2008 6:27 am

HotDog-Cart wrote:I actually have a Wolfking/WolfClaw USB Circular keyboard. They work great for FPS.
I think I'm just going to get one of those, I don't have the time to machine it with exams/research papers comming up :(

NiN^_^NiN

Post by NiN^_^NiN » Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 pm

Just get a Keywiz

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/inde ... cts_id=199

I use it for my arcade cabs you can easily get a usb adapter for it and the keys are programable all you would have to do is wire a switch and screw place the wire into the screw terminals on the unit and your done

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Tue May 13, 2008 8:48 pm

Yes, thats what I'm talking about, thank you. And he thinks this is /b/ kind of funny, look at the post bellow yours. he is what they at 4chan refer to as a "newfag" or "cancer". I only lashed out at him because he is an obvious troll.
HAHAHA I'm so using that now "Cancer"...
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."