Kittens Are Kwite Kute. {updated}

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

typamc95
Kittens Are Kwite Kute. {updated}

Post by typamc95 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:26 pm

I just found 4 1-week old kittens and their dead mother in my shed.
Discuss kittens in this thread
Last edited by typamc95 on Wed May 07, 2008 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

LoyalistRevolt

Post by LoyalistRevolt » Thu May 01, 2008 9:43 pm

....wow
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Did she commit suicide because the stress of raising four kids on her own was too much? But really, thats really sad.

Anyways, I love cats. I've raised a lot of kittens and even bottle raised a few. Sometimes it's tough to take care of them when they are that young. They can't even go to the bathroom by themselves. You have to stimulate their "areas" imitating how a mother would lick them. They need constant attention and regular feedings. The best option would be to find a mother cat who would take them in as her own, but even then, there is a good chance she would reject them.

A hand raised cat is the best friend anyone could have. Unfortunately my cat that I raised died. He was a big strong cat. I'm guessing he was killed by coyotes. We used to joke that he died by choking on a coyote. I've never seen any other cat but him ever come out on the winning side of a fight with a Rottweiler.

HBN

Post by HBN » Thu May 01, 2008 10:02 pm

I've bottle raised more kittens than I can remember. In fact, my "soulcats", Poppy and Brillo, were bottle fed.

Are you trying to save the kittens?
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Thu May 01, 2008 10:22 pm

He better be.

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Thu May 01, 2008 10:33 pm

cats rule!

typamc95

Post by typamc95 » Thu May 01, 2008 10:39 pm

We bought a medicine dropper for feeding and washrags to simulate the mother's tong. The 2 largest ate well, the 2nd smallest seems okay, but the runt is acting up a bit, not wanting to eat. it will take a drop or two then push it away.My current cat is jealous and hisses at us if she smells them on our hands.
Skyone wrote:
typamc95 wrote:There called Roto-disc.
http://www.mariowiki.com/Roto-Disc
Game, set, match!

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Thu May 01, 2008 10:45 pm

Best reason cats pwn dogs (I can say this, I have one of each): cat goes poop in a box, dog goes poop all over the lawn and you step in it. I would much rather scoop the crap out of a little box every few days than live in fear of stepping in dog crap, which is one of the worst smelling substances ever and never comes off.

You better take care of the kittens, or get them to someone that can.

jones
Compound Intelligence
PSN Username:jarjarisgod

Post by jones » Fri May 02, 2008 12:10 am

vskid wrote:Best reason cats pwn dogs (I can say this, I have one of each): cat goes poop in a box, dog goes poop all over the lawn and you step in it. I would much rather scoop the crap out of a little box every few days than live in fear of stepping in dog crap, which is one of the worst smelling substances ever and never comes off.
Dog crap can be scooped out of the yard just as easily as cat crap can be scooped out of a box. :wink:

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Fri May 02, 2008 12:11 am

Im more of a dog guy but I love lolcats

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Fri May 02, 2008 1:50 am

I like birds. :lol: You can teach them to get you stuff if you know how to do it. Ours can't fly because he pulls his feathers out every time they start to grow back. >_<

Have cats/dog too.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Fri May 02, 2008 6:21 am

vskid wrote:Best reason cats pwn dogs (I can say this, I have one of each): cat goes poop in a box, dog goes poop all over the lawn and you step in it. I would much rather scoop the crap out of a little box every few days than live in fear of stepping in dog crap, which is one of the worst smelling substances ever and never comes off.

yeah but since dogs go outside, you don't have to smell it, cats stink (Literally) Cat pi** is not the nicest thing to smell in your house, at least dogs can do their business outside.

Cats are just a pain in the arse and stuck up, only thing they have going for them is their cuteness.

Also I read somewhere, that dogs are smarter than cats. (I don't consider anything that can only reach your ankle a dog, I call them ankle biters.)
plus dogs are so loyal and lovable at the same time, and they will protect you (Yeah I never seen a cat protect someone)

Tibia
PSN Username:Tibia1013
Steam ID:Mulder101361

Post by Tibia » Fri May 02, 2008 6:48 am

Cats are evil.

I would rather go outside and scoop up dog doo than having an animal poop in a box in my house. That's just gross.
This post brought to you by David Duchovny's glorious nipples.

Black Six
360 GamerTag:Black 5ix

Post by Black Six » Fri May 02, 2008 7:10 am

jones wrote:
Dog crap can be scooped out of the yard just as easily as cat crap can be scooped out of a box. :wink:
Yes but that requires you to find it all. If you have a big yard it becomes quite the scavenger hunt.
Jongamer wrote:

yeah but since dogs go outside, you don't have to smell it, cats stink (Literally) Cat pi** is not the nicest thing to smell in your house, at least dogs can do their business outside.

Cats are just a pain in the arse and stuck up, only thing they have going for them is their cuteness.

Also I read somewhere, that dogs are smarter than cats. (I don't consider anything that can only reach your ankle a dog, I call them ankle biters.)
plus dogs are so loyal and lovable at the same time, and they will protect you (Yeah I never seen a cat protect someone)
I don't know about you, but my cat's litter box doesn't stink up the house. There's a slight odor in the room where it's in, but it's not bad, it smells like cat litter, not any various excrement. Honestly my bathroom smells worse after someone uses that than our cat's litter box does.

Also, I read somewhere cats are smarter than dogs. :P I really don't think anyone knows for sure and I don't really care. I will continue to be a cat person.
"It's not that life's so short, it's just that you're dead for so long." -Anonymous
Threads Closerized: Lost Track, Whoops

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Fri May 02, 2008 8:05 am

Cats are smarter than dogs because they won't blindly obey your commands. They haven't been domesticated nearly as long as dogs, and even when they were, they weren't treated the same. They still have a lot more independence. It's not that they're too stupid to learn and obey tricks and commands, they just don't give a crap about what you want. :P
jones wrote:
www.nataliedee.com

Cats using a box > dogs using the whole yard.
Cats covering their business > dogs letting it rot in the sun

You think stepping in a dog pile is bad? Try hitting one with a lawn mower.