Retro VS current

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

emeraldz
PSN Username:Ktiger41

Post by emeraldz » Tue May 06, 2008 10:06 am

I have to agree with many of the points already posted in this thread.

I would much rather have a house full of consoles and cartridges than have a PC with them on it. Nothing beats whooping all the kids on the block in a tournament of duck hunt with an old school nintendo zapper. Also having the physical cart in your hands beats roms on a cd hands down. Also they do keep they're resale value. I've bought, played and sold many original games on ebay. I can contest they hold they're value if you ever need to sell them.

I do think next gen is all eye candy. It's been eye candy I believe since the ps2, xboix generation. though don;t count me out my ps2 gets the workload these days, but only because of NCAA Football 2008 otherwise I'd throw back old school SNES. I grew up on a SNES, I can't deny it the luv. My best friend grew up on a NES, so yeah many games played at each others crib's.
Some of my all-time favorite games are on those older systems (Snatcher, A Link to the Past), but I just never take the time to go back and play them again. I guess I'm content to be nostalgic about the experiences I had playing those games and don't feel the need to re-experience that feeling again (Perhaps this is for fear of being disappointed? But who knows...).
I don;t go back because the nostalgic feel is there. Maybe I am afraid that now that I;m older and play it again I may find it boring or not as fun. But there are some titles that I still play because they will never be removed from my all-time list.

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Tue May 06, 2008 5:14 pm

Nothing beats arcade games. Sorry, but it's true.

I'd pick my Dig-Dug over a PSIII any day.