Need some persuasion tips.

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king
Need some persuasion tips.

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Hey guys. I'll keep this short and sweet. (No arguments here. Its cool that you may have an opinion about ps3 vs 360, yet I don't care. So dont post it. Thanks.)

I have $520. Which could easily get me: A Brand new PS3 40gb, GT5 Prolouge, and Ps3 Component Cables. Yet I have a problem. Its in a shared bank account. Me and my mom have to sign a paper just for either one of us to take money out. My moms refusing to come to the bank and sign, just to let me buy a ps3.

I want a ps3, heck. Actually, I need one. It has a lot of raw computing power. Me being a software exploiter means I have to have it.

I need some persuasion tips to use against my mom. My dad said I could buy it if I use my own cash, and that is what Im using.

Do you guys have any tips?

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Also can this be moved? I put it in the wrong forum.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:16 pm

Respect her wishes, she is stopping you wasting money. If you want raw computing power get a computer not a console. Modern consoles only rehash the same rubbish time and time again; get a PS2 and buy games cheaply for it. Personally I have no interest in PlayStation, although I do have a PS1 and some games I buy for £1-£2 each at car boot sales. £1-£2 per PlayStation game seems about right. I like Nintendo!

HBN

Post by HBN » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:18 pm

You could use the "Its my money" defense...but that could backfire BADLY.

My suggestion would be to bust your a** doing stuff you don't normally do. Make her feel like doing something for you.
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:26 pm

I've tried. The money thats in the bank is MINE from working. Im a slave worker, basically. When I get a job, I work hard for it. Long hours, low money. Thats my type of job.

I've tried doing stuff that I don't regularly do. Doesnt seem to work.

Also, Bacteria. Incase you didn't know. I have a $4000 laptop xD. A ps3 has a better clock speed than a quad core, if you take it into consideration.

I'm not buying a ps2, There crap. Heck, I have 3. Why do I need another? I have around 60 games for ps2. I want a ps3, to play ps3 games. Not a ps3 to pretend that Im playing ps3 games. ;)

xDD. I want a ps3. Thats final. :3 Now, lemme go has some caek.
Last edited by HotDog-Cart on Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xerino

Post by Xerino » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:27 pm

I wouldnt do it, I had the same encounter with my wife once, and she still reminds me of it every day because I went against her advice.... plus GT5 Prologue albeit pretty, sucks, Id wait for the full game

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:28 pm

The GT5, comes free with the ps3. Its a special offer at futureshop. ;)

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:38 pm

Can you bring the form home for her to sign it, then bring it back to the bank?

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer

Post by HotDog-Cart » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:39 pm

Bic you don't get it. She wont let me spend the money that I worked like 4 months for.

HBN

Post by HBN » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Why did you get a joint account, anyways? Get your own!
Please keep an eye on my HBN64 progress.
HBN-Style Anti-Noise Headphones.

Moderatio Est Figmentum.
Long live the Queen of Bondo!

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:13 pm

HotDog-Cart wrote:Bic you don't get it. She wont let me spend the money that I worked like 4 months for.
Maybe she won't let you spend it becuase she going to use it on something. And she don't care it's your money.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:23 pm

iiiii'd refrain from spending that money in the first place.. i really wish my parents would have taught me how to save money. i have about 7 dollars to my name right now in my savings account. she's doing you a favor. whether you can realize it or not.. it's what parents do..

however, not to be one-sided, i'll offer some tips. show some responsibility in one way or another to her. but don't do it out of the blue. (i mean like buying a puppy then magically becoming super responsible and going "hey mom! look! i've grown up!") maybe start cleaning your room and accidentally keeping the door open so she sees. or do the dishes when not asked.

otherwise, i'm on your mom's side.. sorry.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:43 pm

You should totally get a better job if it took you 4 months to earn 500 dollars. I work at AMC and they don't pay sh*t but I can get 500-600 in a good month if I work almost every day.

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:04 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:You should totally get a better job if it took you 4 months to earn 500 dollars. I work at AMC and they don't pay sh*t but I can get 500-600 in a good month if I work almost every day.
I'm glad I'm past those days... that wouldn't even pay for rent let alone food. Once you start having some responsibility, you realize how much money is actually worth. You need to appreciate the fact that $500==groceries for a month. I can see why your mom doesn't want you spending the money, because she couldn't justify it herself when there are bills to pay etc...

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:07 pm

WhatULive4 wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:You should totally get a better job if it took you 4 months to earn 500 dollars. I work at AMC and they don't pay sh*t but I can get 500-600 in a good month if I work almost every day.
I'm glad I'm past those days... that wouldn't even pay for rent let alone food. Once you start having some responsibility, you realize how much money is actually worth. You need to appreciate the fact that $500==groceries for a month. I can see why your mom doesn't want you spending the money, because she couldn't justify it herself when there are bills to pay etc...
It sucks SO HARD!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:16 pm

Im not even living on my own yet and only making 600-800 a month at most and it doesnt last long (figure 4-6$ a day for lunch plus gas for driving to an from work and other misc expenses!) and i have the downside of hating my job more than anything else in my life currently and wanting to quit since the first day i worked there (~ seven months and counting Image ) so im trying to find a different job where i can get different hours and actually start saving money for my buisness