I got a new guitar :D

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Edutainment
I got a new guitar :D

Post by Edutainment » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:06 pm

I know there are a few guitarists/musicians on here so I thought I'd show you guys what I got with my birthday money.

Fender Standard Telecaster
Vox Pathfinder 15R

What'dya think? Any of you got pictures of your gear (guitar or otherwise)?

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:33 pm

Nice guitar!

I have a VOX AD50VT and I absolutely love it.

Vox rox my sox.

hmmm.... i think I'll put my guitar as an avatar.... I couldn't think of what to put there till now...

Thanks!

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:41 pm

not mine but my dad has a danelectro 56 U-2, its a reproduction of the 1956 danelectro guitar, he has a tweed hardside case for it too, its cool. ill post a pic of it later

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:08 pm

My dad has some REALLY FREAKING OLD (like 20 years or more) guitar around here somewhere.

I hear they sound better the older they are, [T/F]?

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:19 pm

Triton wrote:not mine but my dad has a danelectro 56 U-2, its a reproduction of the 1956 danelectro guitar, he has a tweed hardside case for it too, its cool. ill post a pic of it later
I was actually gonna get one of those but decided on this one. I plan to get one when I get a job (soon). Watching multiple eBay auctions gets stressful lol so I decided to go local on this one.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:33 pm

he might be interested in selling his actually,its "black sunburst" patterned, custom color i think, its a cream/off white color in the middle and it goes to a charcoal gray/black color on the edges and would come with the tweed hardside case! he was wanting i think 350$ or 325 for it. ill post some pics tomorrow, their not on this PC

WhatULive4

Post by WhatULive4 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:34 pm

Old guitars don't always sound better. But the problem with a lot of newer guitars is that they are made out of cheap wood and mass produced products.

Most older guitars (although knockoffs have always existed) are made of quality wood resulting in better tone/resonance etc. There electronics are all carefully hand wired with care and tested for maximum continuity. They would even be played and tweaked to perfection before being sold.

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:43 pm

I hear they sound better the older they are, [T/F]
well, you probably heard that about the old orchestra instruments. violins, violas, cellos, and string basses age really well when they're hand crafted and not mass produced. i'm planning on sending my old viola down the family line when i have a family. :)

Ecksem Diem

Post by Ecksem Diem » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:37 am

Got to love those lipstick pickups. I really like the sound of those amps, too. I had a friend who was running a Telecaster with a Fralin pickup on the neck through a Pathfinder 10, which was a really groovy-sounding setup (he likes surf rock, and uses some crazy EH pedal with sliders for reverb; it looks like a POG of their's that I have, which, by the way, may be cool as hell but is almost entirely useless in actual application). How's the reverb on the 15R?

Dbstew

Post by Dbstew » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:59 am

Nice guitar..
I have a squier strat (20th anniversary edition), need something better when I have the money.. I replaced the humbuckers with some really good ones though..

SuperDuperMan

Post by SuperDuperMan » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:30 pm

Sweet, I wanna get a Fender (Tele or Strat) some day (I have an Epiphone Les Paul)

Super Cameraman

Post by Super Cameraman » Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:48 pm

I always forget how many people here play guitar...

I too, have an Epiphone Les Paul. Can't say anything bad about it, I really like it. I'll post a picture later.

My other guitar is a sort of crappy Strat knockoff, but I just like it for some reason. I put a killswitch on it, so I guess that's pretty cool. I'm looking for some other mods to do to it. (Not paint, I like the finish. Glossy wood finish... Yeah)
If you're looking at this post and it was made before 2008, just ignore it.

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Ecksem Diem, I wanted to get a EH Holy Grail+ but now that I have real spring reverb I don't have to. It seems good so far. It seems to work for surf, which I play a bit of.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:30 am

Cool, telecasters are my favorite guitar.

ive got a Stagg knock off of the Fender Jaguar (or Stag-uar if you will :wink: )

Ive never really been that much of a gear fetishist, but ive met many people who are, as far as im concerned expensive guitars maybe sound marginally better, but its not worth the price. (plus its not like i could afford them ever anyway :lol: ). Its a Shame when people get so convinced that they cant possibly play on anything other than the most expensive thing they can find.

Amps however are a different story :lol:

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:23 am

Extreme_Jesus, it only set me back $380. I got it used off Kijiji. Also, it's Mexican made so it's ~$500 new (these are all Canadian prices btw) but it's a good guitar. I love the twangy sound of the bridge pickup.