open source game console (ghetto project)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:19 am

This is already being done!

http://openpandora.org/

teraflop122

Post by teraflop122 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:46 am

Your ability to repeat what has already been said in the first post is astounding!

Nintendull

Post by Nintendull » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:29 am

My goal isnt to gain a ton of users (although that would be flipping nice)....I find the project cool enough to work on it myself and enjoy it myself. It would be a lot easier with help. Guys like nightwheel are the type that can make things go more smoother.

I need more people who are programmers. In a bit maybe we can designate roles. I already set up a forum with some people interested in the project. Most of them are neo-geo fans. I need to catch up with them as they might want to go in a different direction where they want a new SDK. But who the heck is going to do all that? Need to think more realistic and as things get done, you can always adjust or change things.

blackbox_dev

Post by blackbox_dev » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:55 pm

I am coming back to the forums fully very soon and I'll bring something special along with me (not the Blackbox). However, I have made a lot of progress on the BB and although I'm not posting pics (yet) I have an actual (buggy) motherboard (design v0.6, I believe the last schematics the public saw were v0.21), case, and controller made.

I actually wasn't planning on posting this little bit of information but I just wanted to say that I haven't "vanished off the face of the earth". I'm just taking the project very slooowly because now I just want to work on it myself and enjoy it myself just like what Nintendull wants. This is unlike my original goal of producing it and selling it.

-iam
I'd imagine right now you wish you were a cuttlefish...

HotDog-Cart
Portablizer
PSN Username:Lythinca
Steam ID:scythe_king

Post by HotDog-Cart » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:11 pm

Nice. Brandon, message me on MSN. We should discuss some things. :)

Thanks.

dragon

Post by dragon » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:33 pm

My post must have goting lost with the server change but i you needs help i will be gald to try.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:04 pm

It's already been done!

Computer+Linux