Just found out my mom has cancer. :'(

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:12 pm

I'm so sorry for you, HDC. I really hope they can help your mom. I know when we thought my mom had breast cancer, we were all extremely disheartened. I was lucky enough to have the tumor be malignant. I hope your story has the same ending. Keep us posted, man, we're all here for you!

CTFan

Shadeslayer

Post by Shadeslayer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:01 pm

CronoTriggerfan wrote:Keep us posted, man, we're all here for you!
Yes we are!
Death from my Desk

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:40 pm

My uncle Terry had AIDS

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:39 am

Aw man, that sucks.

I hope she gets better, after all, it is in an early stage, so there's still hope.

Good luck.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:41 am

I'm sorry, I hope you and your mom can pull through.

TheOnlyOneHeFears
Portablizer

Post by TheOnlyOneHeFears » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Man that sucks. My cousin had testicular cancer, but that got diagnosed early, he had the chemo, and managed to pull through. I'm sure your mum's gonna be the same. We're all here for you, stay positive :)

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:54 pm

I'm really sorry. I really can't give any advice but to stay optimistic.

My dad died of brain cancer when I was 9. I feel like such a dick saying this, but...better then than now. Now that I'm more aware and conscious, and I know how inescapable sadness can be, I couldn't handle something like death. To be honest, I think cancer's too serious for internet discussion, but suit yourself.
Valve is the best company.

Shadeslayer

Post by Shadeslayer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:49 pm

So Many Kinds of Bagels wrote:To be honest, I think cancer's too serious for internet discussion, but suit yourself.
Yeah but like he said, we are his friends. I am glad he informed us of the situation. Just remember Hotdog, no matter what happens, we will all be here for you!
Death from my Desk

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:25 am

So Many Kinds of Bagels wrote:To be honest, I think cancer's too serious for internet discussion, but suit yourself.
Usually I'd agree, but we aren't exactly your average internet forum. We may be big, but we're not that big, and the casuals all know each other rather well. Might be because the topic of this forum.

Like the other day on another forum this guy said he had cancer and had to die in 3 weeks, because he wanted to POLITELY leave.

johnbjuice

Post by johnbjuice » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:40 pm

We're all here for you...even if we never meet, even if we can't do much to help, and even if you never see or talk to us all again, just know that we care about you and your family. We all hope for the best. Just know that this matters to us. We ARE your friends. :)

- Juice

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:25 am

So Many Kinds of Bagels wrote:I'm really sorry. I really can't give any advice but to stay optimistic.

My dad died of brain cancer when I was 9. I feel like such a dick saying this, but...better then than now
First line: Nah, Benheck is a more friendly userbase, and since it is smaller it seems like everybody kinda knows each other rather than a random gathering of people, especially due to the niche interest too.

Second line: Nah you don't sound like a dick, you'd be more concious and aware of whats happening, so it would be so much harder to deal with than now.

Extreme_Jesus
Location:Old Hampshire, none of that New hampshire stuff....

Post by Extreme_Jesus » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:31 pm

crap man, just keep thinking positive

my gran died of throat cancer last year, i wasnt all that close to her but it was still tough so i feel for you, it must be hell being someone so close as your mother.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:51 pm

I thought I had already posted that I was here for ya, but I guess not. My mom is on the verge of lung cancer, but, I cant imagine losing her.

I really hope that your mom gets better man.

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

theelk

Post by theelk » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:26 pm

My dad lost his mother when he was 10. It was definitely sad for him.. I've been lucky enough to have both parents alive and well, but my mom will probably develop Alzheimer's in ten years, seeing as how she's pretty much predisposed to it.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm sorry to hear about it, I hope she recovers. I had an uncle die of colon cancer 10 or 11 years ago. I was young at the time, but I believe it was diagnosed too late for treatment.
Again, I hope she recovers.