This is a joke, right?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Life of Brian
This is a joke, right?

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:31 pm

You know, sometimes I get strange messages from people through YouTube about my portable videos. Keep in mind that this was sent to me from a 15 year old with a Sailor Moon avatar.
Dude Oh my Gosh a portable super nintendo,........ do you know how convenient that is oh my gosh it so AWSOME i really want one like so bad.I dont like it,I LOVE IT.U should have chosen to play DKC its like the best game.Ugh i can just see myself playing donkey kong and everybody staring at me in amazment.Its so cool i REALL REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want one.I gotta get one.But i dont have the money for that.Im only 15 and building it takes for ever and i just want it made already.Ugh i cant stop thinking of it its just so amazing.ugh i just want one in hands right now right now.I had questions for you so if u could plz answer them ^_^ GOSH I REALLY WANT ONE!!!!!!!!

are the batteries like rechargable or something?

how much does the batterie last?

it will work for donkey kong country 1, 2, & 3 right?

how long did it take you to build it?

U know u could make a fortune out of these? CHA-CHING $$$$$

------------------------------------------------------------

GOSH i really want the one in your second video.Its black and the one you were playing yoshies story. I really really really want that one.

CAN I HAVE ONE PLZ PLZ PLZ 8*( WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I JUST REALLY WANT ONE LIKE SO SO SO SO SO BAD
He keeps saying "ugh" and it makes me think the meds he's taking are hurting his hyperactive stomach or something :shock:

There are others who seem more legitimate, but why does it need to break down to yelling?
hello!i recently saw your vid in youtube about the portable snes and, i love it!i seen so many but, verry ugly looking!your's stands out a lot!way better looking!it look's like nintendo made it! NICE!u got some skill's!i need to get me one please!please, please!!!i still love to play snes games and, sega games from back in the days!DO U HAVE ONE FOR SALE???HOW MUCH FOR IT???IF NOT, COULD U BUILT ME ONE PLEASE!ILL BE PATIENT! ILL WAIT UNTIL U HAVE TIME TO MAKE ONE!YOUR MY ONLY CHANCE OF GETTING ONE. am a 25 year old guy!so dont think am a under age kid with no money!i am verry serious about getting one! sorry for all the explaining but, WHEN I SAW YOUR VID I WAS BLOWN AWAY HOW GOOD IT LOOK'S!LEAVE ME A MESSaGE HERE OR, HERE'S MY E-MAIL ADDRESS [removed] THANKX! I'LL BE WAITING!
Apparently, I need to make a lot more free time to make more portables. I really would like to make these things on a much more frequent basis, but at that point I'd need to look at things from a business perspective and *gasp* probably make a spreadsheet or two to see if it's viable or worth the time. For now it's a fun hobby.

Disclaimer: The majority of requests I get are from level-headed people, it's just that these made me laugh and I thought I'd share.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!

Kyo

Re: This is a joke, right?

Post by Kyo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:01 pm

HOLY CRAP I copulate LOVE THAT!

There is nothing more hilarious than those kind of emails :D
Man, I can't wait till mine is done now, cause that's awesome!

Also;
hello!i recently saw your vid in youtube about the portable snes and, i love it!i seen so many but, verry ugly looking!your's stands out a lot!way better looking!it look's like nintendo made it! NICE!u got some skill's!i need to get me one please!please, please!!!i still love to play snes games and, sega games from back in the days!DO U HAVE ONE FOR SALE???HOW MUCH FOR IT???IF NOT, COULD U BUILT ME ONE PLEASE!ILL BE PATIENT! ILL WAIT UNTIL U HAVE TIME TO MAKE ONE!YOUR MY ONLY CHANCE OF GETTING ONE. am a 25 year old guy!so dont think am a under age kid with no money!i am verry serious about getting one! sorry for all the explaining but, WHEN I SAW YOUR VID I WAS BLOWN AWAY HOW GOOD IT LOOK'S!LEAVE ME A MESSaGE HERE OR, HERE'S MY E-MAIL ADDRESS [removed] THANKX! I'LL BE WAITING!
Why do I doubt that this guy is 25?

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:03 pm

lol. 25 years old? Thats funny.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:10 pm

Nice compliments though.

They are the sort of people who deserve to part with their money, it would be impolite to leave them with a wallet full of cash, wouldn't it? :wink:

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:14 pm

I agree with bacteria :lol: .These people probably have the cash to throw around and why not throw some in the direction of us portablizers? If it were me, I would probably talk to that guy and see if he really is serious.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:02 pm

Oh, don't worry - I've talked to everyone who has messaged me.

ShockSlayer
Niblet 64

Post by ShockSlayer » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Hyper active 12 year old wrote:i seen so many but, verry ugly looking!
This stood out at me. a lot.

Anyone who says "plz" in a request doesnt deserve a portable.

Now would you plz build me on? :lol:

SS
http://twitter.com/ShockSlayer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

vb_master

Post by vb_master » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:43 pm

Just ignore them. The lack of grammar, spelling, and the general retardation of the message angers me. Whenever someone messages me like that, I throw it out or swear at them.

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:26 pm

vb_master wrote:Just ignore them. The lack of grammar, spelling, and the general retardation of the message angers me. Whenever someone messages me like that, I throw it out or swear at them.
Plz dont b a h8tr lolz ugh!

theelk

Post by theelk » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:45 pm

lol brin u shud b mking the protalbe sfor the ppl who wnt out of there wai 2 writ 2 u bcuz there gud ppl ugh.

There, that's all the ineptitude I can handle for today.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:54 pm

Wow, that was really good. Did you used to be one of those grammarless "I type like my keyboard only has 12 buttons" people? lol
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:27 am

Yeah, seriously... agreed with Neildo. :shock: I don't understand how you can purposely type that poorly. :lol:

Anyway, I think all you really need to do is tell them how much one of these would cost. That will scare most of them away. :lol: Nobody seems to understand quite what these portables consist of. They think an SNESp can be built for less than the cost of a GBA. :roll:

For the ones that don't wince at the price... well, all I can say, is give them your Paypal email address, and make sure they pay you up front. :wink:

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:53 am

lol u guyz r wel big geks u al need 2 gt a lyf. o wil u buld me a portbal? plz ill pay like £441452 4 it u c im not fick I culd prably buld 1 myself but I dnt hav the time.

benheck
Site Admin

Post by benheck » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:39 am

I get a lot of those long, caps-locked filled emails all the time. To be honest, if emails aren't worded properly or use caps correctly I often don't read them.

-Ben

PS: There's also a lot of "I'll pay any price!" which they quickly retract once you quote something.

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:42 am

dued pounds r lyk for gay ppl or sumtin, cuz dats for doze ppl in urope who cnt lyk think of deir own lenguage, so they lyk steal ourz LOL ugh