ipod battery replacement

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Dilberitio
ipod battery replacement

Post by Dilberitio » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:00 pm

did anyone personally replace their own ipod's battery.

does anyone have a website with instructions or a good, trustworthy place to buy nano batteries.
Searching! What's that?

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:20 pm

The nano's trickier than most models because it's basically got a coin battery soldered to the motherboard.

I've heard good things about http://www.ipodjuice.com/ . They seem professional and offer batteries that will last longer than the stock ones did new.

@sgtpepper:
I would HIGHLY recommend OWC as a place to buy a replacement battery.

Oh yeah, those guys! They used to advertise in the back of MacAddict all the time! Good times.

Hey you wouldn't happen to know where I could find a PRAM battery for an SE/30, would you? Mine died about 8 years ago and it got to the point where the machine wouldn't boot with it in place anymore. (Still need to replace the CRT capacitors one of these days...)
Last edited by bicostp on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:02 pm

I've replaced batteries in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen iPods, as well as iPod Minis. I have not replaced a Nano's battery though... I have replaced a couple Nano screens though, and the Nano's are definitely a female of the dog species to open, probably the because of the metal clips (as opposed to plastic ones).

I would HIGHLY recommend OWC as a place to buy a replacement battery. They have fair prices compared to other reputable names, and I've used them to buy Mac related things for years. They are a fantastic company.

If you need any help, feel free to shoot me a PM or post here, I've taken apart every iPod model in existence, with the exception of the 3rd Gen Nano, so I've been around the block a few times :P
 My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!