Username change?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Lorelis-san
Username change?

Post by Lorelis-san » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:58 pm

I've been meaning to ask this for a while...

Could an admin please change my username to "Kotetsu"?

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:04 pm

I'd have to go with "no".

Brian got his named changed because we all love him and he had a good reason. Unless Lorelis-san brings tears to your eyes from the horrible memories it brings back, I don't think anybody will change your username, because it adds much confusion, and the admins have better things to do.

Of course I'm not a mod.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:19 pm

shoot bic or ganon a PM about it, if you have a good reason to they might OK it

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:37 pm

I want to change mine to epicelite because this is the ONLY place where my name is still dr killgood. :?

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:27 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:I want to change mine to epicelite because this is the ONLY place where my name is still dr killgood. :?
That's why you pick a name that won't come and go with the times. You just do something that personifies you, like my username (ketchup is amazing, and it's not changing anytime soon).
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:29 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:I want to change mine to epicelite because this is the ONLY place where my name is still dr killgood. :?
That's why you pick a name that won't come and go with the times. You just do something that personifies you, like my username (ketchup is amazing, and it's not changing anytime soon).
This is EXACTLY why I'm opposed to this.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:31 pm

ive been triton for nearly 7 years, considering ive had internet for only about 8 and a half years i would say its pretty well stuck at this point

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:33 pm

No.

User name changes aren't annoying by themselves, but they are annoying when multiple people start lining up for changes. (They require account re-activation, and the system has been known to lose emails, which creates another thing for the admins to do while you guys are locked out of your accounts. I can't speak for Gannon, Sparkfist, and Ben, but I know I have a lot to do besides look at the phpbb admin panel all day.) If anyone could request a name change at the drop of a hat, it would be all we do around here.

It's really a case of "if I let you have one I have to let everyone have one".

There are very rare occasions when we'll change someone's username but they need a really good reason for it. (Sorry, "I just want a different name" isn't good enough.)

So unless there's a deep, personal reason you want your username changed, it ain't happening.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed in this post are solely mine and can be overruled by someone with higher or equal authority.
Last edited by bicostp on Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:33 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:
Yep, I agree. If I had my username changed, it would be to vskid3, because I decided that was better after I had signed up here, but I don't really care. vskid works, its an abbreviation of my real name, vskid3 is just more specific.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:25 am

I had a problem with my account, so I just re-registered.

You could activate name changing in the Profile panel or something.

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:14 am

Negative_Creep wrote:You could activate name changing in the Profile panel or something.
Nope, as far as I can tell that's not an option. It would probably need a phpbb MOD or something.

Lorelis-san

Post by Lorelis-san » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:19 am

As far as I know about phpBB(Which is about nothing, but still...), that'd need a mod to the software itself.

But yeah, I have a few reasons for wanting my username changed, but I don't think they exactly qualify as really good, personal or deep...

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:37 am

i like metroid, and i'm a chick who kicks butt.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:19 am

Other forums have it on. Probably like vBulletin or something.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:42 am

Why change your username? I have been dudex77 since like 8 years because it was the quickest crap I could think of for aim and any previous name I had used on the internet had to do with pokemon.. Even though it's pretty crap and shows no personality or anything I'm fine sticking with it. Whatever forum that allows name changing is crap and I doubt anyone actually knows anyone due to daily changing names
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).