Game you've sunk the most time into?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup
Game you've sunk the most time into?

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:43 pm

What game(s) have you spent the most time in?

Mine's probably a 3-way tie between Pokemon Silver on GBC, Paper Mario on the N64, and Melee on Gamecube. I had at least 180 hours of playtime on Silver, but when I turned it in again about a year ago, my save was gone :( My sram battery is dead. Paper Mario I know I've played through 5 times at least. And Melee is just the best multiplayer game ever.
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

Lorelis-san

Post by Lorelis-san » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Ooh, Pokemon Diamond with around 100-something hours. Megaman Battle Network 4 Red Sun is around the same, but its save died. (It's a GBA game BTW, my most recent save actually died, just disappeared) Guitar Hero 3 is probably catching up on them both pretty quickly though!

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:28 pm

Probably Counter-Strike Source. I can't say anything on 360 because i'm rapidly tired of the slew of boring and uninteresting games released for it.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 pm

Mine is definaltly one of the Pokemon games with over 100 hours, and the Paper Mario Series being 2nd (Not counting Super Paper Mario) Like 40 Hours
for Paper Mario 1, and 2, and I have not beat 2 yet.

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:44 pm

half-life 2 hands down. although i have spent a veeery long time playing a link to the past. but it's hard these days for a game to keep my attention for more than a week.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:50 pm

samus wrote:half-life 2 hands down. although i have spent a veeery long time playing a link to the past. but it's hard these days for a game to keep my attention for more than a week.
Yeah thats a brilliant game (Hl2)

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:23 pm

I hate to admit it but the only fairly big, modern games I've finished (or really close to it) are Crash Team Racing and Spyro 3, both around 1999/2000 or so. CTR is at 100%, and I've progressed as far as possible with Spyro 3. (My copy was made fairly early in the production run, and has a bug where you don't get a reward for completing a race. The GameShark fills this void but the game crashes when you try to unlock the entry to the last world / boss battle.)

Other than that, I've completed Kingdom of Loathing several times, and won countless games of Solitaire. (Tetris doesn't count because in theory it never ends, and you're doomed to failure from the beginning due to the way the game's level algorithm was built.)

Most of the time I play for a while, get bored, and shelve the game again. That's what I like about older titles: they're relatively short and easy to pick up, which is perfect for "gaming ADD". :P

The latest victim is Frets on Fire. I can do most songs on Easy and some on Medium, but my finger couldn't find the fifth fret button with a MAP. :(
Last edited by bicostp on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:32 pm

i played a text based MUD for the better half of three years straight (dartMUD). i was completely into it sneaking hours at school when no one was looking. thank god it was a phase. it kinda ruined my social life.

CronoTriggerfan

Post by CronoTriggerfan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Well, the first game I was addicted to completely was probably either Yoshi's Island or Kirby's Dream Land, way back in the day. After that, I moved to Chrono Trigger and FF6, and of course Pokemon Blue. In the N64 era, the only game I can say I was addicted to would be Super Smash Bros, it was great. I played a lot of Halo: Combat Evolved Online for the PC when that came out. The Kingdom Hearts series stole my life last generation; all the games together, I easily have over 250 hours logged.

Tales of the Abyss, arguably my favorite game of all time, is another one I played a lot. I remember the first day I got it, I picked it up after school at around 3, popped it in at about 4, and looked at the clock as it read 6... the next day. :lol: On a school night, too! No other game has ever done that to me.

Though I never really replayed any of them, I was addicted to the Metal Gear Solid games when I played through them the first time.

That's for past games. This generation, it's been a lot of Bioshock, Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, Galaxy, No More Heroes, and even some Guitar Hero. Before I got Xbox Live, I also played a lot of Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 online for Wii, which is an excellent game. Prime 3 just never got me hooked, though. :(

ghosstt

Post by ghosstt » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:26 pm

Well, In recent time, it would have to be LoZ: TP... I spent around 48-50 hours playing it. I've always wanted to go back and play it a second time, but I can't.. I just can't. Im sure i spent a crap load of time (probably more) on pokemon blue.

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:46 pm

The most I remember is Legend of Dragoon on PS1. Prolly somewhere around 110 hours.

I did beat Zelda Ocarina of Time 8 times back in the day so it's up there too, maybe even more than my 3 completions of LoD.
ImageImage

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:05 pm

Pokemon Yellow for the Gameboy Color: 90 +/- Hours

The first ever game I ever got for my Gameboy Color (Atomic Purple ftw) was Pokemon Yellow and I loved playing as a kid. I mean, what 7 year old didn't like Pokemon, and I mean the old Pokemon...not the newer crap.

I actually leveled just about every Pokemon I caught to level 100 the legit way (Hundreds or Thousands of runs through the Elite 4)

Top 3 most hours played would probably be:

1) Pokemon Yellow (90 or so Hours)
2) World of Warcraft (I think it was like 70 or so Hours before I realized it was a waste of my Life)
3) Pokemon Silver (40 or so Hours)

limpport

Post by limpport » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Pokemon red: 400+ (My quickest time to go from start to beat Elite Four was 6:26)
Pokemon Gold: 250-300
Dragon Warrior III: 250ish (until it was killed by chocolate milk. My GBC survived it)

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Sadly Halo 2 but I'm not counting that since it's just because of online play. I sunk loads of time into pokemon blue until my battery died :( and Since Aria of Sorrow was my only GBA game for like 2 years I sunk crap loads of time into that as well.
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Re: Game you've sunk the most time into?

Post by vskid » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:02 pm

lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:I had at least 180 hours of playtime on Silver, but when I turned it in again about a year ago, my save was gone :( My sram battery is dead.
Exact thing happened to me, but I was at only at about 170 hours. Thats the longest amount of time I've ever sunk into a game.