Have you ever made a secret system?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Aguiluz
Have you ever made a secret system?

Post by Aguiluz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Okay, I should say this to someone, and ask if they did the same thing too. :? When I was 14 two years ago, I made a small rouge setup consisting of a hacked up and gutted 5 inch black and white TV powered with a laptop battery. I then attached a Famiclone Super Joy 3 and the resulting item was hidden under a small recess under my room's table. :roll:

To be honest, that small setup was to watch TV and to sneak a few games under my parent's nose. :twisted: I don't know why I did it, but it was fun, I never got busted and I kept my grades up in the air.

Maybe I did it because they never let me play any game even my grades are up. I was like submitting everything on time and they just don't let me play my PSone, and in some manner, I felt I just *had* to do it and when I did, It kinda felt more exiting. I had 9 close calls over one year of secrecy, and I decommissioned the unit when I overhead my parents making a "surprise inspection." Pretty smart, huh? :lol:

How about you? Did you do such secret things? :wink:

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:29 pm

My parents weren't nazis so I didn't have to.
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:37 pm

dudex77 wrote:My parents weren't nazis so I didn't have to.
Okay, I'll take that as a joke. :?

No, I was not going to compare my parents to "nazis" but they somehow kind of lock down on my systems when my younger brother had his grades slipping, thus clipping my wings in the process. Why me? Why me? Anyway, they have cooled down already.

Harshboy
Portablizer

Post by Harshboy » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:00 pm

No, because I have always have done good in school.

Doing good in school and staying outta trouble is what my parents like to see and it's my ticket to let me play Video Games or be on the Computer for however long I want.

dragonhead

Post by dragonhead » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:01 pm

i did the same with a little b&w tv i got at cheapo depot for 6$ and my playstation. i hid it under my night stand so i could play crash bandicoot well into the night.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:08 pm

Harshboy wrote:No, because I have always have done good in school.

Doing good in school and staying outta trouble is what my parents like to see and it's my ticket to let me play Video Games or be on the Computer for however long I want.
No, no, no, no, no... I did well in school but my brother got his grades low and I got clipped in the process. I am innocent! I am innocent!

EDIT: And, yes, I pwn at school, and I just done my test with all questions answered. I feel pretty good about my grades now!

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:08 pm

I never had the skill/$ to do anything like that.

Bass Creator

Post by Bass Creator » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:28 pm

meh. my parents arent scrict at all there layed back so.
Ive never had to do anything secertly.
Reddit

Bibin

Post by Bibin » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:18 pm

Harshboy wrote:No, because I have always have done good in school.
Your grammar implies otherwise :lol:
Aguiluz wrote:I pwn at school
You. Less words. Now. Particularly "pwn".

Back on topic, I hollowed out a horrible book, leaving space for a GameBoy once, to bring on a trip that my mother told me to not bring it on. My iPod Nano also plays GameBoy games.

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:32 pm

Closest I got was playing my GBC (pokémon silver ftw!) at 2am when I was supposed to be sleeping. :lol: I still do that with my DS or my Lifebook these days; who needs sleep?
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

ganonbanned

Post by ganonbanned » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:06 pm

My brother has the N64 and 360 in the top drawer of his dresser, we just pull it out whenever we want to play.

Space saver!!!!111!!!!
lifeisbetterwithketchup wrote:Closest I got was playing my GBC (pokémon silver ftw!) at 2am when I was supposed to be sleeping. :lol: I still do that with my DS or my Lifebook these days; who needs sleep?
haha, I used to do that all of the time too, almost all year when I was in 4th grade, pokemon gold though. The only time I got caught was the day before my birthday, so I didn't get in that much trouble :D. It was awesome.

Edutainment

Post by Edutainment » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:24 pm

Honestly with my grades I have no idea why my parents haven;t cracked down on my computer usage. They say it enough but never do anything. So yeah, I've never had to make a secret system. I did try to hollow out a book before but more for novelty than practical purposes.

palmertech

I have....

Post by palmertech » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:32 pm

First post! Anyway, my sisters had an old karaoke machine with a b/w screen that displayed the songs words. When i got grounded for sneaking out of the house once, i was locked in the room that had it with no ANYTHING for 3 days....anyway, i had my psone, but my mom took the tv. i found out that the kareoke machine took a standard composite signal, so.....you know the rest! :)

theelk

Re: I have....

Post by theelk » Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:36 pm

palmertech wrote:First post! Anyway, my sisters had an old karaoke machine with a b/w screen that displayed the songs words. When i got grounded for sneaking out of the house once, i was locked in the room that had it with no ANYTHING for 3 days....anyway, i had my psone, but my mom took the tv. i found out that the kareoke machine took a standard composite signal, so.....you know the rest! :)
Welcome to the forums! And that karaoke thing sounds useful. It's too bad that Singstar, Karaoke Revolution and Rock Band are killing those machines.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:39 pm

theelk wrote:
palmertech wrote:First post! Anyway, my sisters had an old karaoke machine with a b/w screen that displayed the songs words. When i got grounded for sneaking out of the house once, i was locked in the room that had it with no ANYTHING for 3 days....anyway, i had my psone, but my mom took the tv. i found out that the kareoke machine took a standard composite signal, so.....you know the rest! :)
Welcome to the forums! And that karaoke thing sounds useful. It's too bad that Singstar, Karaoke Revolution and Rock Band are killing those machines.
Yay! Welcome to the forums too! I actually saw those karaokes at Best Buy. Hmm, they look cool too. :)