Barrett-Jackson AUtomobile Auction

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert
Barrett-Jackson AUtomobile Auction

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:04 pm

It's been running for nearly a week now, and ends tomorrow. Has anyone else seen it? (On the Speed Network over here) It's got some of the nicest cars I've seen. One (which I haven't seen yet) is the batmobile from the 80's. Another is a giant car-crushing metal dinosaur. It's got 30's cadillacs and 1969 shelby's. It's a car-lovers must.

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:08 pm

I like watching it when its on. The cars are sweet.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:42 pm

The top 4 sellers today (topping out at 675,000) are Shelby GT500's. *drools*

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:44 pm

That show has people with more money than brains, much like this site.
jk

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Meh, I'd rather have something classic but not that rare and expensive, you know? Sure they're nice to look at, but you don't want to take it out to play because it might get messed up.

I'd rather slap a 440 in our old pickup ('74 D200). It would be pretty nasty paired up with the 4 speed and high 3.x or low 4.x posi in the Dana 60. (And it needs a driver's side floor, exhaust, and rear brakes...) You know, something like that.
gamer2 wrote:That show has people with more money than brains, much like this site.
Actually I think the exact opposite is true around here. :P

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:54 pm

barret jacksons has some of the finest professionally restored absolutly amazing cars you can find, and the massive pricetags to go with. i am a firm beliver that it has almosyt singlehandedly made it nigh on impossible to find affordable classic vehicles without somebody thinking their sitting on a mountain of gold instead of scrap metal. sometimes you can luck out and get a decent car for a cheap price like me and my oldsmobile but anything remotly popular or mainstream (ANY muscle car, tri-five chevys, 50s fords etc) will go for a lot, ive seen rusted out non running rolling stock 57 chevy four doors that would need complete restoration (almost no interior, rusty seized motors no breaks etc etc) sell for 2500-3000$ and at one auction i saw a not bad 55 chevy that had been restored THIRTY YEARS AGO sell for TWELVE THOUSAND DOLLARS, it ran and drove but i woulda given it a 5 (one being like you would find in a junkyard 10 being barret jackson quality) so yeah,

lt;dr get cars nobody cares about, their cheaper and in a lot of cases really damn cool