post here your abandoned / fail projects

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

kasar
post here your abandoned / fail projects

Post by kasar » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:34 am

hi all, all of us know the most sucess projects and finished latops.

but what about the abandoned or fail projects?

i´m sure about more than 1 guy abandoned a project due a lot of time gave on the project and not reached next level.

or simply the circuit crashed.

ok i will start my ones.

here are some of my sucess projects

*my psp mods
*my GCP
*a latop mod ( i haven´t got the photos uploaded yet srry,)

and here my abandoned projects

*n64p :abandoned due i used my only portable fine screen on the GCP, and i had some troubles creating a battery-converter.

* first latop: my first latop was a gift of my grandfather, it was very very quite old , and it was the screen very dark due it was old and used. the battery was gone and the keyboard wasn´t work, it crashed when i connected an external keyboard to the keyboard external port to try enter in the bios, when i connected the keyboard something in the motherboard fried suddenly :S

* a few tryes to repair a latop batteries using a old ones. i simply had no luck and the most of battery modules was gone due them was old and used.

* wii latop. : it crashed at the first steep :S lol i suck hehe, some games had DRE, then i tryed to adjust the POT a lot of times, but not results, i tryed adjust more times the pot and it finally crashed the wii dvd drive.

* belkin router mod: i tryed to modify a belkin router model F5D7230-4
version 2000ef adding a firmware mod (dd-wrt) , the first time it semibricked when i flashed it using tftp, i tryed flash it again using tftp more times and no luck, finally it fully fuked up and it is fully bricked

i think i forgot more fail or abandoned projects, if i remember more i will edit the post.

what are your finished/fail/abandoned projects?

:wink:
Last edited by kasar on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

timmeh87

Post by timmeh87 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:15 am

I started an N64p in 2004...

"Linux is only free if your time is worthless"

SZF2001

Post by SZF2001 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:32 am

I had a girlfriend once.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:30 am

insert everything I ever tried here

EDIT:LOL When I put the <> around it it failed. :roll:

That is about it.
Last edited by Dr. KillGood on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamer2

Post by gamer2 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:33 am

I am the kind of Abandoned/Failed projects. I gave up after awhile.

gannon

Post by gannon » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:15 pm

N64p (was too picky on the case)
SNESp (a few different versions)
NESp (a few different versions)
PS2p (2 different versions)
NES/SNES combo unit (had it down pat, didn't feel like buying/soldering all the bilateral switches needed)
Laptop dock
GCp (failed at drive relocation)
Benchtop PSU (required a large external transformer and the voltmeter for it broke)
Better Vacuumform (had a few different designs, most overly complex :P)

Probably more that I can't remember/haven't listed :P

Kyo

Post by Kyo » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:48 pm

my father said he'd give me his pocket television for an atari portable... I still have the cut-down motherboard, but no pocket television :(

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:37 pm

I abandoned my PS1 phat portable after I finished my N64p. I figured I don't need one and there wasn't anything more to learn after that. One of the things I learned is that it's expensive.
ImageImage

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:29 pm

No project failed or incompleted yet, all gone fine to date. More of a case of finishing them and moving to the next project rather than spending time using made projects - that will change after my next project ends.

Kurt_
Portablizer
Steam ID:kurbert

Post by Kurt_ » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:31 pm

It's safe to say every 9 out of 10 projects fail for me.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:34 pm

bacteria wrote:No project failed or incompleted yet, all gone fine to date.
Shut up you! :o
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:46 pm

I don't "give up" on projects as much as I "set them aside for extended lengths of time". Usually I get too bored/discouraged to complete them. :(

Flash animation: Still have all the files for the 360 ad one. Tried to do a Christmas one but started way too late so it got zipped up and put into storage. Back to the first one, once I figure out how to draw characters that don't look awful.

PSone portable: Got hung up on the batteries and case. All the parts (PSones, Intec screenpad screens) currently in a box.

PhpBB Pocket Template: Needs a name, currently getting the most attention. (Big problem fixed this weekend: I was working on the original SubSilver template so every file needed fixing so it didn't try to load from the wrong folder. The "replace all in all open documents" function of Notepad++ saved my butt.)

Secret-ish project #1: Have all the parts ready to go, some need testing and fitting, and cover plates need fabrication. Will probably finish this spring or over winter break.

Secret-ish project #2: Need to work on fitting parts, extending capacitors, and desoldering connectors to save space. A different cord might be in order.

Aguiluz

Post by Aguiluz » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:20 pm

PSoneP - Abandoned since I can't find the CD spindle part. Will continue if I find a part and a screen.

DIY projector - Wanted to make a big projection of Spyro on the white wall of mine. Everything was really well, I did project a picture and when I was about to close it all up, the LCD "ribbon cable" was snapped. Can't resolder. When trying to resolder, I shorted out the screen. Probably the biggest fail in Aguiluz History. Ahem... Ahem... Ahem... :cry:

NESp - Abandoned due to customs (yes, the Philippine Customs) problems. I thought of bringing it to the airplane to our migration to Canada but darn NAIA (Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport) might accuse me of bomb making and bomb bringing to airplane. My rear end. :evil:

Computer Case Cutting: I had a desktop PC a while back. Wanted to have a custom case with neon tubes. Abandoned since we are migrating to Canada.

Rellizate

Post by Rellizate » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:24 pm

PSoneP (officially the most expensive portable ever [and it still didn't work!]) Spent just over $2000 on it. http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?t=16694

HazmatB

Post by HazmatB » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:39 pm

What on earth did you spend $2000 dollars on? I read through the whole thing... You didn't seem to fry any PS1s, screens, or any of the expensive parts. Sorry, but I just don't see how that is possible.