Benheck.com Half Life 2 Deathmatch (Free for everyone now!)

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

XPCportables
Benheck.com Half Life 2 Deathmatch (Free for everyone now!)

Post by XPCportables » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:37 pm

I just got Half-Life 2 Deathmatch for free through Steam's ATI promotional and I thought we should have some Benheck.com Deathmatches.

I just thought I would let everyone know that Steam has a promotion going on right now for everyone who has an ATI graphics card. You can get a free copy of Half-Life 2 Death-match. Any ATI card will work also, I got mine with my 340M integrated graphics in my laptop. If the page won't load in English, you can just go to the German page and once you click on the button that says "Jetzt Anmelden!" The next step will be in English again.
You don't have to have purchased Half-Life 2 or anything, you just have to make a steam account and it will give it to you. If you already have a steam account you can put it on that one just by logging in.
Here's the link. http://steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/index.html
I hope we can have some Benheck deathmatches now that everyone with access to an ATI card can get HL2 DM.

EDIT BY TRITON!!!!!1!
according to Dr. Killgood it is now free to Nvidia users as well!

EDIT BY XPCportables!!!
Dr. Killgood was right, www.steampowered.com/nvidia1 finally offers us Nvidia users Deathmatch for free, but not only that, we also get an extended version of the Portal demo!
Now there is officially no excuse for us not to play. Also, If you just head on over to the Benheck.com steam group you will see that I have just set up the Benheck.com HL2 Deathmatch dedicated server.

Now that I have the server set up, I think I need to really work on getting everybody invited to the group, so from now on, If you want to join the Benheck group, just ad me to your friends list and I'll take care of it
My account name is: Caleb210
We should discuss match times in this thread also.
Last edited by XPCportables on Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:52 pm

That has been going forever, but you end up losing because ATI sucks.

So who wants to do some DM? :wink:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:53 pm

No Garry's Mod 9 games in the gm_construct level? :(

:P

EDIT: Wtf? It says I don't have the right version of Gmod even though the servers are running the same one I am. Help?
Last edited by bicostp on Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:11 pm

Could I dig out my old ATI Rage pro and use that to get it free? :P

And would a Nvidia Geforce MX 440 play the game? It should since it can play Half-life 2
Last edited by Jongamer on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:13 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:That has been going forever, but you end up losing because ATI sucks.
I know, the greatest part about it is that I don't even use that ATI graphics card for playing the game. I play it only on my Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT powered desktop. You don't have to use the ATI card to play it, which is what makes it such a great deal. It's like, you can have your cake and eat it too :wink:

EDIT:
Jongamer wrote:Could I dig out my old ATI Rage pro and use that to get it free? :P
and do I have to leave the card in my computer?

And would a Nvidia Geforce MX 440 play the game? It should since it can play Half-life 2
You should be able to do that. The graphics card that I used alerts me that it is not supported when I play half life 2 on it, so I don't think it actually matters whether the card can play the game or not as long as it's ATI. And no you don't have to leave the card in there. That's the great thing about steam, once your account owns a game, you can use it from any computer :D
Also that MX 440 should be able to play it quite smoothly as long as you don't get too greedy with the settings.
Last edited by XPCportables on Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:23 pm

lol gfx card fanboism, i have a radeon x1600 pro iceQ 512mb that probably spanks anything but the newest cards (its pretty much just about the fastest AGP card you can get) it works great, before that i had a geforce 2 mx200 which was awesome for a 32mb gfx card, i could run HL2 on it for christs sake!

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:34 pm

bicostp wrote:No Garry's Mod 9 games in the gm_construct level? :(

OMG YEAH! And we could make a GIANT saudering gun!

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:01 pm

I wonder if this aplies to Wii owners. Because the Wii have a ATI graphics. :twisted: The only computer that has a ATI graphics card in this house is my moms Tower. I wonder....

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

So Many Kinds of Bagels

Post by So Many Kinds of Bagels » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:19 pm

nightwheel wrote:I wonder if this aplies to Wii owners. Because the Wii have a ATI graphics. :twisted: The only computer that has a ATI graphics card in this house is my moms Tower. I wonder....
Yea, you can just download a massive app like Steam, run it on the Wii and download a high-performance PC game on it and play it no problem.

Sorry, I just...nevermind. It was worth it.

BTW thanks for the link! Awesome >:D.
Valve is the best company.

Jongamer
PSN Username:Geekystig790
360 GamerTag:Mesu Gitsune

Post by Jongamer » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:28 pm

Well the original Xbox had Half-life 2, and the Wii is pretty much the same thing, but just short on a shader in its GPU. Wii could run it, but barely.

nightwheel
PSN Username:nightwheel
360 GamerTag:nightwheel94
Steam ID:nightwheel

Post by nightwheel » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:01 pm

I ment that since my Wii has ATI graphics. That that might justifie me the right to download the game even tho my tower has NIVDIA graphics card in it.

Who knows if the Namco Portable will ever become a reality? :P

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:31 pm

Jongamer wrote:Well the original Xbox had Half-life 2, and the Wii is pretty much the same thing, but just short on a shader in its GPU. Wii could run it, but barely.
No, it couldn't. At least not without a whole mess of coding. The xbox version wasn't made by Valve.

By the way,

Steam: Cowsgoquack101

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:41 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:

Yeah, and then slap some thrusters and wheels on it and drive around in our kickbutt new soldermobile! :D

But for some reason it won't let me connect to any public servers, saying that my version isn't the same as the server's. (I'm running 9.0.4, the server says 9.0.4. Anybody know of a fix? (aside form buying Gmod 10, I'm too <s>broke</s> <s>cheap</s> non-credit-card-having to buy it. :C (Really wish I could, though.)

Steam ID: bicostp (never saw that coming).
Add please!

XPCportables

Post by XPCportables » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:52 pm

bicostp wrote:
Dr. KillGood wrote:

Yeah, and then slap some thrusters and wheels on it and drive around in our kickbutt new soldermobile! :D

But for some reason it won't let me connect to any public servers, saying that my version isn't the same as the server's. (I'm running 9.0.4, the server says 9.0.4. Anybody know of a fix? (aside form buying Gmod 10, I'm too <s>broke</s> <s>cheap</s> non-credit-card-having to buy it. :C (Really wish I could, though.)

Steam ID: bicostp (never saw that coming).
Add please!
I have the same problem. I have downloaded 9.0.4 from multiple different locations and installed them and I still get the same message :(

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:10 pm

I get that most of the time too. :?