What do you do with your hair...?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:27 am

I knew you'd have some good insight, Samus. :P I fully plan on putting it in a ponytail, but right now my hair at the front of my head is too short to stretch back to the ponytail. Another inch and I'll be able to wear one, though.

I plan to grow it out about 14 inches (6 more inches). That way I can cut 12 or 13 inches off and still be left with some hair. :lol: I think this could become a recurring thing for me, actually. It seems like a good cause, and when people tell me I look gay because I have long hair (though that's becoming much more acceptable on guys), I can say, "Hey, I'm growing it out to donate it to alopecia areata victims. WTF kind of good deeds are you doing? Sinner." :lol:

I think I've found a solution, by the way. It seems to have been working out for me for the past few days, and it's a little less gay than a hairband. :roll:

I have no idea what these things are called, and I can't find them anywhere ('cause I don't know what they're called...). It's elastic, anyway. It kind of fits in my hair like a headband/ponytail hybrid. It's not very visible either; it blends in with my hair nicely. (Does anyone know what these are called?)

Oh, and Samus, don't worry about me and high school... I haven't had much human contact for ~ 7 years (I've been homeschooled). :lol: I don't ever really see anyone, which is a big reason why it shouldn't really matter what my hair looks like. If I had any friends, I would just ask them what they thought... not you guys. :wink: But, I'll be going to college in probably a year (Er... less? I haven't really thought about it much... maybe I should start...), and if this is gonna be a recurring thing, then I might have to come up with a better solution. Until then, this little hair-band-comb-thingy will suffice just for walking around my house. At least until I can put in a ponytail.

Also, I have WAY too much hair to tuck behind my ears, and gel is too much work! :lol: But don't think for a second I didn't seriously consider product. 8) Oh, and don't get me started on hats... that'd be fun for all of you to see. I have so much volume to my hair that hats don't even fit on my head! They only fit around my big hair puff... it's quite funny. :P

Thanks a lot for the suggestions and comments, everyone! I had a feeling most of you would say the hairband was gay, that's why I asked. :P Wish me luck on my... hair 'n stuff. :? And I encourage you all to do what I'm doing! Think about how much you would hate not being able to grow hair. Really, how easy is it for you to just let your hair grow out and donate it to those who can't? I really think it's worth it... I mean, once you figure out how to MANAGE you hair, (what I'm doing now) you literally don't have to do ANYTHING. Just go get it cut once it's long enough. That's it. Don't you think that would make you a better person? :lol:

P.S. And yes, short hair IS boring. :P If you want to cut it short, do what I'm doing first! It's fun and... different... :lol: and it's for a good cause! Hmm... and I might try straightening it... actually. :o

sgtpepper

Post by sgtpepper » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:00 pm

Short hair is cool if you style it, I go with the 50's style hair 8)

My iBook's modded logo!
Jobs vs Gates Google Fight!

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Yeah I did get my hair cut short, like... short.

My hairstyle rapidly changes every few months :|

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:18 pm

My hair is a lot like yours electric rain, only mine is a lot more blondish, and maybe just a little bit straighter. I would give you some ideas, but I have no idea what to do with mine either :lol: . Sometimes I blow dry it back and it seems to look alright and stay out of my eyes. You could try that and see how it looks.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:43 am

to be straight to the point (and with pictures!) i keep mine down or up in what some like to call "mari-buns".
edit: new picture, less creepy.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/ ... CN2790.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/ ... CN2718.jpg

don't be fooled by the unwashed shirt. i'm a college student and thus is my duty to be as messy and unkempt as possible.

enjoy.
Last edited by samus on Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Negative_Creep

Post by Negative_Creep » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:17 am

Those pictures were.. nice.

Neildo_64
Portablizer

Post by Neildo_64 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:06 am

I used to once was a college student, dropped out last year after 3 terms, and I done lerned lots of things from college so now I are smart 8) . Anyways, to the point, when your in college, LOTS of people dont even care about their hair, which is okay becuase it's college and you can do that in college. Then there is the opposite end of the extreme and some people care more than anything about their hair. Once you get to college, you find it is so much different than highschool or life as you even know it. College seems more down-to-earth.
Current projects:
Ultimate N64 Guide
N64 Portable (x2)
NES Portable

theelk

Post by theelk » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:44 am

sgtpepper, you look like Neal Patrick Harris. Which is awesome.

As for my hair, it's sort of long, but I don't have any good pictures to post right now.
I don't want to make an "I'm leaving" thread, but I've sort of lost interest in this board. So if you notice that I'm gone, that's why.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:24 am

Good lord, this topic is so incredibly lame and girlie. samus is the only female here (that I am aware of), so fair enough, as females care a lot about their hair and appearance in general; but come on "guys", be a bloke, not someone who shares their girlfriend's make-up!

As for pony-tails - you know what they say about blokes with a pony-tail: as with a pony, under the pony-tail is an arsehole...

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:28 am

Good lord, this topic is so incredibly lame and girlie. samus is the only female here (that I am aware of), so fair enough, as females care a lot about their hair and appearance in general; but come on "guys", be a bloke, not someone who shares their girlfriend's make-up!

:(

Electric Rain
PSN Username:Denki_no_Ame

Post by Electric Rain » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:23 pm

bacteria wrote:Good lord, this topic is so incredibly lame and girlie. samus is the only female here (that I am aware of), so fair enough, as females care a lot about their hair and appearance in general; but come on "guys", be a bloke, not someone who shares their girlfriend's make-up!

As for pony-tails - you know what they say about blokes with a pony-tail: as with a pony, under the pony-tail is an arsehole...
Dude, get with the times. It's not "girlie" anymore for guys to care about what they look like. Besides, the original point was simply to figure out what I could do with my hair to keep it out of my face; not to make it look good. I just want to keep it out of my way until I can cut and donate it. Donating your hair to alopecia areata victims isn't girle, is it? :wink: Now, stop being homophobic and trolling my thread! :roll:

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:39 pm

What's this, pink handbags at 10 paces??

Being homophobic is being anti-gay, which I am not, I work with people of all orientations and backgrounds equally and have no prejudices to race, colour, orientation, whatever; I treat others with respect as I hope others to treat me. My boss is a lesbian; but so what? I didn't refer to the thread as being "gay", I referred to it as being "lame" which is entirely different. I am not homophobic in any shape or form. I also wasn't trolling, I was expressing the view of a middle aged man and not of a teenager (times have certainly changed I know, when I was a teenager a bloke didn't cry or be emotional, and a quick comb after washing your hair was quite sufficient). :wink:

khaag

Post by khaag » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:27 pm

Alrighty, this thread REALLY needs to die.

/facepalm
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:47 pm

bacteria wrote:when I was a teenager a bloke didn't cry or be emotional, and a quick comb after washing your hair was quite sufficient). :wink:
That's how it still is for me. Minus the comb. :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

bicostp
Steam ID:bicostp

Post by bicostp » Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:02 pm

I wash mine.

Usually it's cut to about however thick my finger is (a half inch or so). When it starts getting longer (over an inch and a half) it gets poofy and impossible to keep clean because of how thick it is. At that point, combs say "aw hell no" and jump out of my hand. :lol:

It's nice and warm in the winter, though.