Do you love ebay?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

Adam G
Do you love ebay?

Post by Adam G » Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:46 pm

Now, I'm not trying to advertise or anything, but I have to say, I love ebay.
Lately, my Mom has been looking into clothes on ebay (used/preown) for me. I'm use to hand-me-down clothes, things from the Good Will and such, so it doesn't bother me.
We've watched a few but hadn't bought a lot yet. We found a lot of shirts worth, supposedly, $500.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0170514481
Yes, I placed a bid on it, $20. I later went back and placed a $40 bid, so that it would cost $55 total if someone went that high.
I got 11 shirts, 11 "upper-brand" shirts, for about $3 each, shipped. I didn't do a lot of research on the brands, as I was familiar with quicksilver and Hurley. Actually, those are what my "better off" (Richer) friends wear. I'm more of a...well...I'm a wear whatever was on clearance and then marked half off kind of a guy.
I really can't wait to get the shirts, believe it or not. I haven't been excited over clothes before, so this is something new.
I thought about it and laughed to myself when I realized I got a $180 sweatshirt for 1/60th the retail price. :P
Also, now I actually have shirts to wear!

Items in the auction include:
  • 2 hurley sweatshirts, 1 dark red, 1 army green
    1 2 bfree sweatshirt, black
    4 hurley tees, 2 green, 1 blue, 1 brown
    1 2b free short sleeve - green
    1 2bfree long sleeve - beige
    1 quiksilver button down, short sleeve green plaid
    1 ipath tee- white
I'm gonna look so cool. 8)
Post your thoughts.

~Adam~

khaag

Post by khaag » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:03 am

ipath is sweet. i'm not going to lie. they make the sickest shoes ON THE PLANET.

you are gonna be one styling fellow :wink: good for you. it's nice to know that people can still be made happy by events that others just take for granted. :)

...wow. that was some deep sh*t.
[url=http://thekevbot.com]Portfolio[/url]
[url=http://twitter.com/thekevbot]Twitter[/url]
[url=http://blog.thekevbot.com]Blog[/url]

benol

Post by benol » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:53 am

I am personally against clothes with company names plastered on them. Wearing a shirt that says "Abercrombie" or "Hollister" does not make you cool. You are literally ADVERTISING for their company.</rant>
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Valium

Post by Valium » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:07 am

I bought a Bowflex for $700 from Ebay.

bacteria
Portablizer Extraordinaire

Post by bacteria » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:54 am

The more people like brand names on clothes, the shallower they are as a person. The definition of "cool" is not looking like everyone else, or how people "tell" you to look.

The only advantage of buying a label is if you have another identical one and therefore know it will fit!

Yes, I LOVE e-bay!

G-force

Post by G-force » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:41 am

You never know though, they could be knockoffs from china. A friend of mine went there and got craploads of abercrombie knockoff shirts for $1 each. Nobody could tell the difference though, so who cares! Those are prolly not however.

But yeah ebay kicks bubblegum. Especially if you're into restoring old bikes/motorcycles. You can literally find anything you need on there, for almost nothing.

cowsgoquack101
Steam ID:cowsgoquack101

Post by cowsgoquack101 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:42 am

I love ebay too, it's my main tool for trade and sales.

Triton
360 GamerTag:triton199
Steam ID:triton199

Post by Triton » Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:59 am

ive only really been riped off once on ebay but for the most part i love it, being able to buy crap you cant find anywhere else at dirt cheap prices pwns, plus me and my mom and dad sell crap on ebay as a bit of a business (mom is doing it through iowa workforce development) we make around a thousand dollars a month low end being 700-800 and upper end being close to 2 grand on a REALLY good month, most of this is cleared profit too, there are a lot of things we have bought for like a dollar and sold for 100, one thing (a johnny seven OMA toy gun from 1964) we paid 175$ for and sold it for almost 450$ (spent close to 300$ at that auction and made nearly 400 straight profit!)

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:03 am

I usually just use eBay to buy Video Game related toys. I kinda collected stuff like that but i can never get them around here in Canada.

dudex77

Post by dudex77 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:29 am

Meh, brand names. I can't really say anything against brand name clothes because I used to wear hurly and quicksilver and all that other crap but only because it was cheapest at Ross without me wearing shirts that say things like "black and proud" or such other crap that would have gotten my ass kicked at school. :lol: Then I realised you could buy shirts with nothing on them for 2 or 3 bucks a piece and then just iron on a design you wanted.
Kurt_ wrote: I would use tact switches but I want the mushy feel. Mushy = God. (I typed that correctly).

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:05 pm

Ebay is a scam! A SCAM I TELL YA!

Nah, it's alright.

wallydawg

Post by wallydawg » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:06 pm

eBay is a love/hate relationship with me.

1. Get a rare game really cheap= love.
2. Somehow sell an item for twice it's value= love (this one I kind of feel bad about because it was the worst game I've ever played).

3. Items you are selling go for less than normal= hate (comeuppance for #1 I suppose)
4. Getting sniped with 1 second left, only to have the poop egress that sniped you send you an ebay message gloating about how cool he is because he uses cheating tools= extreme hate

samus
Steam ID:masamus

Post by samus » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:14 pm

like credit cards, ebay scares the living crap out of me. with my luck, i'd get ripped off the first time i bought something.

(also, i usually get clothes from goodwill. half, maybe more, of the clothes i wear now i've had for years.)

benol

Post by benol » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:17 pm

G-force wrote:But yeah ebay kicks bubblegum
Immediately after reading that, I thought "Does it chew ass too?"
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Life of Brian

Post by Life of Brian » Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:26 pm

samus wrote:like credit cards, ebay scares the living crap out of me. with my luck, i'd get ripped off the first time i bought something.
What a beautiful attitude toward life.

Ebay is definitely my friend.
dragonhead wrote:sweet. ive spent a third of my life on benheck!