Ignorance in the classroom

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator:Moderators

benol
Ignorance in the classroom

Post by benol » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:31 pm

Tell a hilarious story of ignorance in school. I'll go first!

There is this girl in my biology class (10th grade) who in the middle of a PowerPoint about evolution, on a slide about fossils she exclaimed "So, you're telling me that dinosaurs were real and weren't just in stories and cartoons and stuff?" The sad thing, nobody but me gave here a Image look except me! And today, someone made the same girl cry by telling her that hot dogs were made of pigs, and made her cry harder by telling her what gelatin was made of (if you don't know, it's best you don't!)
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

toby dawg
Portablizer

Post by toby dawg » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:07 pm

gelatin comes from hooves! :D mmmmm.....

benol

Post by benol » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm

toby dawg wrote:gelatin comes from hooves! :D mmmmm.....
And bones and hide. It's mostly collagen.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Twisted Warthog
PSN Username:fragd0g
360 GamerTag:onionknight110
Steam ID:flint1011

Post by Twisted Warthog » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:19 pm

Is gelatin like Jell-O?

Ben Cebhrem

Post by Ben Cebhrem » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:29 pm

Way back in eleventh grade, I was flirting with this cute young girl, and trying to get her to go to a Halloween party with me. I asked her what she was going to dres up as, and when she replied that she didn't know, I said back, "Why don't we go as Prince Charming and Cinderella? Oh wait, you wouldn't need a costume." (Cheesy, but hey, I was 16). She just looked at me and said, "I don't get it."

Yeah... I didn't go to a party that year.

benol

Post by benol » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:37 pm

Twisted Warthog wrote:Is gelatin like Jell-O?
Gelatin is the main ingredient in Jell-O. Other ingredients include sugar and artificial flavoring (flavouring for the rest of the world). Gelatin is what gives it its texture. Marshmallows are also made of gelatin. Gelatin's composition is just one of those things I just deal with. Jell-O and marshmallows are definitely NOT vegan.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Crimehawk

Post by Crimehawk » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:15 pm

We were in History one day, and the teacher asked us which way east and west were. These two girls pointed left and right. He's like, ok, good, now which way is north? They both pointed straight up. We all laughed and stared, and they jsut had this total look that they had no idea what everyone was laughing at. and then the teacher asked which way canada was. They started to point up... and then finally got it. It was pretty funny. and then he said something about canada not falling on us (live in the USA) and stuff, but forget most of that. It was sweet

lifeisbetterwithketchup
Steam ID:lifeisbetterwithketchup

Post by lifeisbetterwithketchup » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:18 pm

This was ignorance on the teacher's end, but I think it still qualifies. Back in Freshman Science, my teacher was looking at a map of the US (I think it showed average number of tornadoes each year or something), and he blurted out "New Jersey's a state!?". My class gave him a Image look and then we all burst out laughing. :lol:
Rekarp wrote:
mako321 wrote:What makes you head ninja, anyways? :wink:
Cause I am Abe F#!@ing Lincoln. :mrgreen:

vskid
Steam ID:vskid3

Post by vskid » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:43 pm

A kid in my world civ class last year didn't know that we (the US) fought against the Nazis in World War II. I knew he wasn't the smartest (he takes honors classes and that, though), but this just embedded in my mind that he must have had his head repeatedly slammed against the floor as a baby. Anyone that has ever played a shooter has a 50% chance of knowing that the US fought the Nazis, since about 50% of the shooters ever made are about WWII.

Felino

Post by Felino » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:57 pm

Do americans learn any history other than their own?

In australia, we are taught that americans are stuck up and don't learn history of other countrys, myth or not?

Not that i subscribe to it. :wink:
Charlie wrote:I always wanted to try wall flips, but I'm too attached to my neck.

benol

Post by benol » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 pm

Felino wrote:Do americans learn any history other than their own?

In australia, we are taught that americans are stuck up and don't learn history of other countrys, myth or not?

Not that i subscribe to it. :wink:
Pretty much not. We do learn the history of other countries, however, the main emphasis is put on our history. History is written by the victors, and America is usually the victor when it comes to wars. (Except the Vietnam war, which history books refuse to say we lost.) My U.S. History book is 1500+ pages long. Can you say that about your Australian History book? We just happen to have more history than the rest of the world, and we are one of the few countries that earned their freedom, instead of just receiving it.

I can tell you some Australian history off the top of my head!

*Australia was founded by Great Britain as a penal colony

*Australia was... I've got nothing else.

So maybe you're right![/list]
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:30 pm

Perhaps not in elementary school (benol), Americans are not taught much of outer countries, but in high school, we've learned about general world and European history.

In America, we are taught that other countries are just jealous so STFU AND GB2/bed/!

benol

Post by benol » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:35 pm

Skyone wrote:Perhaps not in elementary school (benol), Americans are not taught much of outer countries, but in high school, we've learned about general world and European history.

In America, we are taught that other countries are just jealous so STFU AND GB2/bed/!
Oooh! Angry, are we? But in Georgia, World History isn't taught until 11th grade. Until then, we are force fed U.S. History and World Geography. Georgia is like, number 37 on the best school system lists, so that makes sense. Also, I can go to bed whenever I want! It's a Friday.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Skyone

Post by Skyone » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:41 pm

I was talking to Felino, in a joking matter anyways. :P

benol

Post by benol » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:45 pm

Skyone wrote:I was talking to Felino, in a joking matter anyways. :P
Sorry, I thought that was directed towards me, and poking fun at my inteligence.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!