What's the worst anime ever?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

benol

What's the worst anime ever?

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Before you say it, this is not a thread to flame anime as a whole. No saying "all of them!!!" or anything like that. This is about which one in particular you hate the most.

The one I hate the most is "The Prince of Tennis." Watching tennis is boring enough, you don't have to make a cartoon about it! I bet the manga is worse. But I digress.

Discuss!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Triton
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:31 pm

i didnt like serial experiments lain, gave me a headache trying to watch it, i cant think off the top of my head an anime that i just straight up hated but if i think of one i will post it

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:32 pm

This isn't a particular type of anime (though some of it tries to be) but I don't like anime freaks. It's just a type of cartoon, I don't see what makes the fact that it's japanese better than american cartoons. People who watch something just because it's an anime annoy me. Pinky and the Brain totally whoops anime's ass, but you don't see a bunch of Pinky and the Brain freaks all over the place.
ImageImage

ZN13
Steam ID: Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:34 pm

I would have to agree with triton on the fact that I don't completely hate any certain anime, but I do dislike Dragonball GT.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z are OK, but I guess I just tired of it all after a while.
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

benol

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:35 pm

daguuy wrote:This isn't a particular type of anime (though some of it tries to be) but I don't like anime freaks. It's just a type of cartoon, I don't see what makes the fact that it's japanese better than american cartoons. People who watch something just because it's an anime annoy me. Pinky and the Brain totally whoops anime's ass, but you don't see a bunch of Pinky and the Brain freaks all over the place.
benol wrote:Before you say it, this is not a thread to flame anime as a whole. No saying "all of them!!!" or anything like that. This is about which one in particular you hate the most.
Read the title before posting. Also, Pinky and the Brain FTW!!! (Haven't seen it in a while though [read 8 years])
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

daguuy
Portablizer

Post by daguuy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:38 pm

I didn't say all anime is bad, I gave a specific aspect of anime that I don't like.
ImageImage

Dr. KillGood

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:45 pm

Shows like "teen titans" that are made in America and are trying to be anime. That is just FAIL.

ZN13
Steam ID: Z_Nelson13

Post by ZN13 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:49 pm

Actually, "Anime" is really just a style of animation (Basically). So saying an semi-realistically animated show is "trying to be anime" is "just FAIL".

Oh, and BTW, Teen Titans was a comic book.
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

vskid
Steam ID: vskid3

Post by vskid » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:50 pm

benol wrote:Also, Pinky and the Brain FTW!!! (Haven't seen it in a while though [read 8 years])
Exactly his point. :P

My least favorite (though I dislike pretty much all anime) is Dragonball. The commercials for them were almost enough to make me want to curl up and hid under a rock, I suspect the actual shows were just as bad.

Limewater

Post by Limewater » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:53 pm

I haven't seen that many different anime series, but from my limited exposure I would say that "Slam Dunk" is pretty darn awful

benol

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:53 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:Shows like "teen titans" that are made in America and are trying to be anime. That is just FAIL.
Wow. For once I actually agree with you, Doctor!

Also, the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl series=crap. Terrible voice acting, annoying characters, and mediocre artistry. Also, it's been almost 12 years since the 1st series, and Ash is still the same age. Not aging people=FAIL. :lol: On another note, anime costumes are outrageous. Who would want to run around fighting monsters in a skintight leotard or baggy pants?
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

benol

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:55 pm

ZN13 wrote:Oh, and BTW, Teen Titans was a comic book.
But a non Japanified one.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Limewater

Post by Limewater » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:00 pm

benol wrote:Not aging people=FAIL.
No way, man. Not aging people is fine.

Just look at The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Family Circus, ... oops...

benol

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:07 pm

Limewater wrote:
benol wrote:Not aging people=FAIL.
No way, man. Not aging people is fine.

Just look at The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Family Circus, ... oops...
I meant in anime. Almost every anime has a maturing aging theme to its characters. Especially Eureka 7, who's plot revolves around that theme.
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Triton
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Actually, "Anime" is really just a style of animation (Basically). So saying an semi-realistically animated show is "trying to be anime" is "just FAIL".
anime = japanese animation generally speaking, and american shows that are animated in the style of anime usually kinda suck, because they are just crappy american shows with a little japanese style thrown on top! not to say all anime is good by any means but you get the idea