What's the worst anime ever?

Want to just shoot the breeze? Forum 42 is the place!

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
benol
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: In ur fourmz, postin in ur thredz!
Contact:

What's the worst anime ever?

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:57 pm

Before you say it, this is not a thread to flame anime as a whole. No saying "all of them!!!" or anything like that. This is about which one in particular you hate the most.

The one I hate the most is "The Prince of Tennis." Watching tennis is boring enough, you don't have to make a cartoon about it! I bet the manga is worse. But I digress.

Discuss!
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:31 pm

i didnt like serial experiments lain, gave me a headache trying to watch it, i cant think off the top of my head an anime that i just straight up hated but if i think of one i will post it

User avatar
daguuy
Portablizer
Posts: 3666
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:09 pm
Location: missoura

Post by daguuy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:32 pm

This isn't a particular type of anime (though some of it tries to be) but I don't like anime freaks. It's just a type of cartoon, I don't see what makes the fact that it's japanese better than american cartoons. People who watch something just because it's an anime annoy me. Pinky and the Brain totally whoops anime's ass, but you don't see a bunch of Pinky and the Brain freaks all over the place.
ImageImage

User avatar
ZN13
Posts: 433
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:53 pm
Steam ID: Z_Nelson13
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by ZN13 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:34 pm

I would have to agree with triton on the fact that I don't completely hate any certain anime, but I do dislike Dragonball GT.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z are OK, but I guess I just tired of it all after a while.
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

User avatar
benol
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: In ur fourmz, postin in ur thredz!
Contact:

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:35 pm

daguuy wrote:This isn't a particular type of anime (though some of it tries to be) but I don't like anime freaks. It's just a type of cartoon, I don't see what makes the fact that it's japanese better than american cartoons. People who watch something just because it's an anime annoy me. Pinky and the Brain totally whoops anime's ass, but you don't see a bunch of Pinky and the Brain freaks all over the place.
benol wrote:Before you say it, this is not a thread to flame anime as a whole. No saying "all of them!!!" or anything like that. This is about which one in particular you hate the most.
Read the title before posting. Also, Pinky and the Brain FTW!!! (Haven't seen it in a while though [read 8 years])
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

User avatar
daguuy
Portablizer
Posts: 3666
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 7:09 pm
Location: missoura

Post by daguuy » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:38 pm

I didn't say all anime is bad, I gave a specific aspect of anime that I don't like.
ImageImage

User avatar
Dr. KillGood
Senior Member
Posts: 2209
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:03 am
Location: Earth

Post by Dr. KillGood » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:45 pm

Shows like "teen titans" that are made in America and are trying to be anime. That is just FAIL.
Image

User avatar
ZN13
Posts: 433
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:53 pm
Steam ID: Z_Nelson13
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by ZN13 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:49 pm

Actually, "Anime" is really just a style of animation (Basically). So saying an semi-realistically animated show is "trying to be anime" is "just FAIL".

Oh, and BTW, Teen Titans was a comic book.
Why is it that every time I post in a thread, it dies?
:lol:

User avatar
vskid
Senior Member
Posts: 6314
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:25 am
Steam ID: vskid3
Contact:

Post by vskid » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:50 pm

benol wrote:Also, Pinky and the Brain FTW!!! (Haven't seen it in a while though [read 8 years])
Exactly his point. :P

My least favorite (though I dislike pretty much all anime) is Dragonball. The commercials for them were almost enough to make me want to curl up and hid under a rock, I suspect the actual shows were just as bad.
Image

Limewater
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Limewater » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:53 pm

I haven't seen that many different anime series, but from my limited exposure I would say that "Slam Dunk" is pretty darn awful

User avatar
benol
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: In ur fourmz, postin in ur thredz!
Contact:

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:53 pm

Dr. KillGood wrote:Shows like "teen titans" that are made in America and are trying to be anime. That is just FAIL.
Wow. For once I actually agree with you, Doctor!

Also, the Pokemon Diamond & Pearl series=crap. Terrible voice acting, annoying characters, and mediocre artistry. Also, it's been almost 12 years since the 1st series, and Ash is still the same age. Not aging people=FAIL. :lol: On another note, anime costumes are outrageous. Who would want to run around fighting monsters in a skintight leotard or baggy pants?
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

User avatar
benol
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: In ur fourmz, postin in ur thredz!
Contact:

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:55 pm

ZN13 wrote:Oh, and BTW, Teen Titans was a comic book.
But a non Japanified one.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

Limewater
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Limewater » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:00 pm

benol wrote:Not aging people=FAIL.
No way, man. Not aging people is fine.

Just look at The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Family Circus, ... oops...

User avatar
benol
Posts: 1371
Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:53 pm
Location: In ur fourmz, postin in ur thredz!
Contact:

Post by benol » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:07 pm

Limewater wrote:
benol wrote:Not aging people=FAIL.
No way, man. Not aging people is fine.

Just look at The Simpsons, Family Guy, The Family Circus, ... oops...
I meant in anime. Almost every anime has a maturing aging theme to its characters. Especially Eureka 7, who's plot revolves around that theme.
PM me for DS friend codes. PLEASE!
DOLGAT IS REAL!!!!

Help My MyMiniCity, plzkthxbai

User avatar
Triton
Moderator
Posts: 7396
Joined: Mon May 24, 2004 12:33 pm
360 GamerTag: triton199
Steam ID: triton199
Location: Iowa
Contact:

Post by Triton » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Actually, "Anime" is really just a style of animation (Basically). So saying an semi-realistically animated show is "trying to be anime" is "just FAIL".
anime = japanese animation generally speaking, and american shows that are animated in the style of anime usually kinda suck, because they are just crappy american shows with a little japanese style thrown on top! not to say all anime is good by any means but you get the idea

Post Reply